1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

Frimpong has been the one bright spark in recent weeks. The whole team was * today yet you single him out to compare with an injured player

2. ddub11

Good post.

3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No i single him out because people like you say forget what Forrest has done he is * Frimpong is the man what has he done against any decent team ?

4. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Frimpong had a really bad game against the huns last season and I mind saying at the time we need El Hamed in there until he can handle himself better. I was hoping he would have learned from it and we wouldn't see a repeat performance but I have to say I thought Frimpong was * horrendous today, embarrassing for the lad. His usual runs were completely snuffed out which is fair enough but he couldn't even get the basics right. Honestly one of the worst performances ive seen from a Celtic player in recent years and I was at Colin Kazim Richards debut. Couldnt believe what I was seeing from Frimpong today, awful.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Fault definitely doesn't lay at the board. For this season they're blameless for our performances on the park.

Lennon needs to go. He won't though. Take Kennedy with you as he's been here for so long and defence is shambolic.

Need someone in who can take us back up a level.

Bernie Bhoy, connerm57 and Skelleto like this.
  6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

With all due respect mate that's nothing but excuses and blind faith and if there were no contest between our players and theirs then ours would surely have made more of a contest of the last 2 games against them.

I admire your optimism and I get its only october but i just don't see how we start improving.

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Well for a start we had half out first team missing today. I am not saying that excuses today's performance. However surely it is only blind negativism that wouldn't recognise how much of a difference that will make over the rest of the season.

8. Jeremie Frimpong

Up there with Lennon's performance today.

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oh My Days, Dont take it personally Jeremy, you cheeky little chappy.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

People like me :giggle1:

I've not even mentioned Forrest you did all I said was it's weird take. The whole team was pish today not just Frimpong.

Makes you appreciate Bitton when people like you forget what he's done and think Duffy is the dugs baws ... That's what you've just done there

connerm57 likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    One of the most spineless games I’ve watched in a long time, no passion, no drive, no desire to win. Things need changing from the board down because somethings not right at this club. There is a rot that needs cut out as it’s infecting everything we are.

Wallsy1888 likes this.
  12. oh bhoy

Lawwell needs to be trawling through the bin where he threw all the managers c.v.'s

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Wallsy1888 likes this.
  13. GuttleGob

So basically, Steven Gerrard is simply a better coach than Neil Lennon.

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I thought he was pish also.

Way too lightweight for a Hun game, saying that he didn't have much help.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think there’s a lot of variables in that, but Gerard clearly has the current sevco team setup better than Lennon does the current Celtic team.

It isn’t a marginal thing either - they’re well ahead of us.

connerm57 likes this.
  16. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No i agree Bitton has done great since the start of the season its people who go over the top who say Forrest is * Tayllor is * we need better players . Well we saw today what so called better players did

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not one of those people but frimpong has been one of our best if not the best player in recent weeks to single him today when everyone was pish is harsh.

Ps Taylor is pish :giggle1:

18. Foley1888

This season I feel it doesn’t look like we are a team just a lost group of individuals who are either of the mentality, “I will do the bare minimum” and pass square and back take the easy option and pass the buck or on the other side try do it all themselves and make a mess of it more often than not. This is symbolic of a team where players wanted their move.

There doesn’t seem to be any understanding being built. It’s clear the manager hasn’t a clue what his best team or tactics are. Probably not helped by the stop start nature of the season and missing a fair few today through Covid and injury. Where as you could have had a good go at guessing what their team would have been.

The signings haven’t integrated seamlessly either. Too early to judge them and on paper they look decent but another poor effort at the first goal today from Barkas, Turnbull looks a good player but is he really the midfielder we needed? Duffy after a good start was poor today in key moments.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  19. lespaul

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    grace
    I've been saying all season we are better than them blah blah * blah but when you see a game like that today where we were,to put it mildly absolute *! Maybe it's time we took the blinkers off.we were beyond awful today and they were not even all that good.they won it at a canter ffs! The last few games they have been all over us like a * that won't flush! Today they had a stroll in the park and won so easily it's a disgrace.Imagine for a second they turned up and were rabid from the off like in previous games? We would of taken and absolute hiding and that's the truth.only saving grace from today is that it's only october but * me we have some sorting out to do as we are miles off it

Big els and Skelleto like this.
  20. Perfidious Albion

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden in the sun
    Selections & shape. NL has been found out recklessly and stubborn in CL Qlf(s) with them. He has tae snap out of it. Our last 3 games v them have been very poor. Today was the biscuit. It stank.
    He stands alone today for that. He can turn it round. It not rocket science. Little wrong. Nothing that can't be fixed.
    One thing for sure we will soon find out. He done it before in '11.
    I don't really care how that other mob play/set up. Its up to the celtic mgr & squad to play to their strengths.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.