1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Anyone thinking that Neil Lennon is going to be asked to walk after that game is kidding themselves and nor should he. Had we won a different tune would have been sung. We all knew before a ball was kicked we were facing an uphill task as we were very much disadvantaged. Remember that is the very best that they can do against us and the fat boy still didn't get his goal. By the law of averages and given the state of play today they should have been able to take 6 off of us and yet they couldn't. They are not brilliant but today they outplayed us and we were abysmal but that will change. We can only get better I'm not so sure that they can. We have strength and depth when we have the full squad available whereas they're weak in that department. There's a long way to go and a lot more football to play and they wont stay injury free either. We win our game in hand and it puts a whole different complextion on things. Neil is hurting as bad as any of us right now.

seamus1967 likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Freezing out the likes of Rogic and Griffiths for months (I know they had injuries too) and then looking for miracles from them against Huns and St.Johnstone is also indicative of his poor management.

Maybe if they had minutes under their belt they would be able to contribute even more; however, Lennon persists with his favourites come * or high water.

DJ CJ, freitassen and dbhoy72 like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Neil Francis Lennon, innit.

Valhalla likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Nail on head.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sorry Jeannie but that’s complete * from start to finish.

The huns never got out of second gear. Their forward players never turned up and they still comfortably beat us.

It’s not the very very best they can do against us. Are you serious?

Fontaine, DJ CJ, Valhalla and 2 others like this.
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    We didnt have ideas to run out of.

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I know mate, I fully agree but unless it’s consecutive defeats or losing more domestic games he wont get the sack, not this season anyway unless this turns into a catastrophe.

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

So the defence of Lennon is that we never lost by 6 and Morelos never scored ?

Yes we had injuries but we still had more than enough to not even win but put some sort of performance in and yet again its names out of a hat to pick the team then * excuses about fitness after it. What have Ajeti and Griffiths been doing in training for the past weeks ? We have seen todays performance so many times already this season difference being the huns had the players to punish us. He's a busted flush

Officer Doofy likes this.
  10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    "Ran out of ideas", ran out of * ideas, you done * all to change our shape, formation or overall tactics Neil.

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

* knows what the idea was in the first half then

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

If players can’t themselves up for a game against the huns then there is deeper issues than just the manager.

Twisty likes this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

I was saying this earlier if this was literally anyone else they would be gone or at least have had some serious questions asked by now

Valhalla and Officer Doofy like this.
  14. Popes 11 Guest

He can * off and do the right thing. His ideas ran out with his team talk..

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    When a manager say's his team........................."Ran out of ideas" then it's only a matter of time before a new man is in the job.

16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We are in a bad place at the moment and its going to be very difficult to turn this around due to the attitude I witnessed from the Celtic players today.

Is this what happens when certain players are kept at a club against their will? They say it only takes one disgruntled player to upset the dressing room, there are several players who were expecting to be sold in the summer but were refused the move.

Tactics, team selection etc are all things that can be improved upon but there is a general malaise and apathy amongst the players that is causing us a huge problem this season. This isnt the first game it has been evident in. Very worrying times.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What would you do?

18. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    When is the last time Celtic sacked a manager in October

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

His interviews sound like something from a sketch show just throwing in buzzwords "Second phase set play"

* off say it as it is you got it wrong again and we were pish again

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Why shouldn’t he? That’s probably the worst old firm performance I’ve seen in about 20 years. Beyond embarrassing. The team has been absolutely woeful and I genuinely don’t think the players have a clue what they’re meant to be doing. I expected Lennon to get us fired up for today, it was the complete opposite. Using things like Morelos no scoring a goal to somehow defend how bad we are. What even is that? Like, how does that even come into your thinking. I’d rather Morelos scores 6 against us but we won the game 7-6. Who gives a *.

I’m also no buying the, this is the very best they can do against us. Utter pish. We were that bad, we don’t know how rangers performed. They could have been * themselves. We were that bad, rangers performance is completely irrelevant.

If Neil was hurting as much as is said, he should do the right thing and walk away. He wasn’t the right man for the job last year and a rangers capitulation after Christmas helped him. He should have been given his marching orders after Ferencvaros and I’ve seen nothing since that game that makes me think he can turn this around. This game only firms up the idea that he’s lost the dressing room. Our players didn’t even look up for a fight. Gerard is no rangers fan, but he rallies his team. Lennon doesn’t do that for us. He needs to go.