1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to go?!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Pearse67*, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Time to go?! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He was too 'trendy', I believe was was the word used at the time, for some.

2. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I imagine we’ll win the league, but only if he begins to start our two on form strikers and takes tactics seriously.

Look at what Gerrard did today: he had the respect for his opponent to acknowledge our main threats (Frimpong, Laxalt, Klimala), and made sure that Kamara and Arfield were dropping in deep to support their full backs and stop the flow to those Celtic danger men.

Lennon simply did not pay that level of attention.

He either has to wise up or go. Last season, early in the year when our performances were arguably second best compared to Rangers, we eventually wised up and got it together, so Lenny can do it.

He needs to stop being complacent and actually reflect on the team and what decisions need to be made. Without the fans there, he’s totally letting them pressure get to him.

That said, if he can’t turn it round soon, the board have to act decisively.

rkid likes this.
  3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2020
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Here we go had same in december 2019

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Marco Silva - poor stats in the EPL as most managers and strikers do when at a relegation yo-yo club like Hull and Watford. Showed more at Everton, but inevitably not enough. His earlier manager career looked better at Olympiacos and Sporting, where he made a name for himself. Would take him for the remainder of the season. The injection of a new style and motivation would do us well. As with any manager who may be an option, we may need to spend a little more than we did on Lennon and Deila. Rodgers shows the calibre you get when you push that boat out.

Jurgen Klinsmann - consistent return rates of around 55-60% win rate, had a good spell in America, not sure how much he can offer us, but the organised approach he has would work well for our backline for sure.

Eddie Howe - could be a great match for us and him. Knows how to make a team difficult to beat as would be needed in the EL games. But equally not scared to have his teams attacking and looking for promotions and silverware. He would inherit a squad capable of helping his career, as much as he would organise our team and settle them down a lot more. Contacts for additonal staff (not to the degree Rodgers changed it) could work well.

Mark van Bommel - PSV team was playing well under him, but not sure how it ended back in December for him? Clearly a name and a young manager. Would bring a certain style from his background and think would enjoy working with some of the players we have. Would command initial respect and the squad I imagine would play for him. A couple winner medals for him if he came and could kick start his career again.

Just a few names we should look to approach.

martin_d likes this.
  6. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    100% don’t think it’s the right idea to get rid of Lennon now but come back 6 weeks from now and if nothing’s changed it’s time to think about a change

7. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    I'd like to see him replaced... this is no blip, and its been since day 1 of this season that we've looked off it, i've seen no signs in Lennon sorting it out. the players on the park and staff on the bench look lost, and no seeing the passion that lenny is meant to be renowned at instilling.

8. Pearse67*

He just looks like he couldnt give a *, watched his interview and it was just “meh”.

Excuses central for * sake. Time for him to go, bring in someone who picks players on merit, not some skewed sense of loyalty and has some tactical awareness.

For the record he is a legend in my eyes, celtic through and through, i dont want it to turn nasty at all, but its time to go.

9. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Shouldn't have been given the job in the first place.

oh bhoy, Peej, McGrory1888 and 3 others like this.
  10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Dunno if we had the same level of performances coming into that game in fairness. We have been abysmal all season.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He won’t go.

12. wulliebad

Our defence can't defend,and our strikers can't get a shot on goal.
    We spent 5 million on a keeper that does not look like he is worth the money.
    We struggle to take good free kicks and corners,never mind score from them.
    Our manager keeps forcing players into positions that hinder the team and then there is the 85+ min subs.
    Mistakes are made and repeated.
    I have always rated lenny,he done great first time round but there is something wrong just now.
    Do i want him gone,i don't know,not a question to answer when * off,but if he left i honestly don't think i would be that bothered.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Eddie Howe could be a shout

McGrory1888, martin_d and Peej like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    More than 25% of the way through this season now, how long you willing to wait to change it? Nothing at all suggests he is learning from his mistakes or that he is trying to change things at all.
    wait another 5 games when we end up being a third of the way through the season? Wait till January to see if fresh faces makes a change? Wait till March when we realise we are 7points behind with 8 games to go and pin our hopes on a new manager to hit the ground running?

15. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Absolutely ridiculous thread. Lennon has been a great Celtic Manager. He has plenty of time to wake up and sort this nightmare result.

We still have a fantastic team when the players are available. He has to get rid of Duffy though and play the correct attacking players.

16. ddub11

Would like him to stay if he could explain/fix why we are so poor,when on paper we have a very talented squad.

17. Sgt Neppers*

Just listened to that * Gerrard. And sadly he's right. They controlled and bosses the game without getting out of second gear. That tells you everything you need to know. 0 zero shots on target. * *, abysmal. The games up Neil.

18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'd give him Aberdeen away to show something and get a performance but anything less than a win and I think it's best he goes, can't see him being sacked after today, but I've major major concerns for the season as I don't know how tactically he can turn this around

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Too many issues going on here, same start as last season and are we really going to bank on the huns faltering and us finding our form at some point?

What has Strachan actually since he came in? Our play is far worse than last season, losing Duff has been huge.

We are so slow and predictable, just like under Lenny’s last season with us and Ronny’s last season, no real pressing or purpose in our play just relying on a few individuals to dig us out the wins.

If we really want to win 10 then go and get Pochetino.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So did Kobenhavn...

And Cluj...