1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Are they not allowed? Genuine question- they keep changing these rules so often it's hard to keep up. I thought the rules allowed up to 6 people to hang out?

2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Technically they did break the rules as there was more than 2 family groups involved which isn't allowed even if less than 6 people in the group.

That's to try to prevent the spread of COVID across family groups. If Armstrong hadn't caught COVID it wouldn't really matter but he did.

If someone gets COVID it's not about whether they were following the rules or not but about preventing further spread so doesn't really matter whether it's 3 or 50. Tierney and Christie have to isolate because they may be infected not because they've done anything wrong.

Hope that helps.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I totally agree with that last sentence, but my post will make more sense to you if I tell you that the post that started our discussion claimed that all 3 should have their balls booted. It was in response to that P.O.V. that I asked what rules they were supposed to have broken.
    In terms of ball booting, the 2 family groups thing is only a rule in Scotland. Even if all 3 met at the same time to play computer games, Armstrong and KT won't have known that was a rule in Scotland. (I didn't either until I Googled it after reading your post). Also, all I've seen online is that they were identified as close contacts, nothing more. So I'd still like to know what they did that is alleged to have broken the rules. Tierney in particular has said he adhered to all the rules.

Edit: after a bit more time looking, I found a claim from the Sun that they were sent home for playing Playstation together. A claim without a single quote to back it up.

NomDePlum likes this.
  4. Foley1888

For me with these internationals no players should be mixing until there is a full set of negative test results returned.

They should be tested before they leave and then again when they get there before any group training takes part, as it sounds like Eddy may have caught it in transit.

These internationals are genuinely ridiculous when you consider the local rules in place. Your not to meet with more than one family and no contact sports yet you bring together a group of 30 the time you include staff often from say at least 20+ groups of a similar size often involving international travel.

Then play them against another group in the same position, if that’s not unnecessary mass scale mixing I don’t know what is. These will turn into a hot bed of positive cases, you’ve now got the back team staff in the Ireland squad having positive tests.

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Actually you just reminded me that the rule at the moment is that you if it is inside you can't meet other households at all as it was tightened. You can meet with another household, up to 6 people in total, but only outside.

My family has 6 in it so we've been maxed out for quite a while so the change of rule hasn't made any difference for us which was why I forgot it.

This looks like a genuine mistake to me of the 3 involved. Surprised out of the whole squad it was that 3 as would have said they were the 3 most switched on. What I can't understand is why what can and can't be done isn't hammered into them by the clubs and in this case the Scotland management team. Particularly when 2 of them are coming up from England were the rules are different.

Makes you wonder for all the claims of following strict protocols do the football teams and players actually understand them.

Random Review likes this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Posted in the other thread, should have put it in here:

NS just asked if game should be cancelled on 17th on the back of a few young ones watching penalties through a cafe window, said journalist from The Sun.... :87:

Her answer, house parties are prohibited but there is an element of trust to have in the nation, we all have to make sacrifices, please don't do it. Its not her decision to make to cancel the game, she has had no discussions about cancelling the game. She wants it to go ahead, no plans as far as she is aware to cancel it.

Jason Leitch confirms no intention of cancelling it at all.

King of Kings and NomDePlum like this.
  7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I listened to that. It was like the journalist was daring her to cancel it.

The majority of people are sensible seemed to be what she was saying.

Marty McFly likes this.
  8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. Was bizarre

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jason Leitch has suggested a fan return to Scottish stadiums could initially be decided by postcode.

The national clinical director admits the move may prove unpopular with some but insists it could help tackle a key issue.

Concern regarding reopening of grounds extends not just to supporters being inside the ground, but over potentially increased mixing on public transport.

An early solution could be to invite back those who live nearby, Leitch believes.

Asked if the postcode approach could kickstart a return, he told Off the Ball: “I think so.

“Now that is controversial because people would not like the fact, they had been excluded from that.

We are not going to go from zero to thirty thousand, so we are going to go from 0 to 750 to 1500 to 3000. It is going to move in stages like in other parts of the world.”

All SPFL test events have been put on hold following a resurgence in Covid-19 prevalence across Scotland.

Successful events were held during Celtic 's win at Ross County and Aberdeen 's victory over Kilmarnock at Pittodrie.

October 3 was originally earmarked as an indicative date for a general phased re-opening but the virus' resurgence has placed all plans on pause.

10. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Nir Biton positive of COVID-19

sake

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It really is mental playing international football at the moment.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Jeezo, we are only just out of September too

This is gonna keep happening

JC Anton likes this.
  13. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    This is where the depth of the squad has to show. Hopefully McGregor hasn’t been in their company for more than 15 mins, that would be the biggest loss we could have.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Getting a joke now

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm done, we need to just * pull every player out of international. This is a joke now.

Players unable to travel without catching it - Edouard.
    Players meet up and play in a match - get it.
    Close contact I assume the entire * 22 man squad from the other night all now need to self isolate?
    Otherwise why the * are Christie and Tierney self isolating?

Things beyond a joke that internationals even need to * be played here.

Get every player returned and refuse to allow them to leave till this is over with.

Players meant to be in their own bubbles, we got hammered for Boli stupidity for breaking that bubble, yet here we are allowing players to break their own established bubbles and meet up with tens of housholds out with, * this *.

Rydo1888*, Boruc17 and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  16. StevieBhoooy!

It’s an absolute farkup..... and knew this would happen... we are suffering from having a good squad that virtually to a man is involved in international football at senior or u21s level... so by consequence they are scattering around the globe to mix with countless others from elsewhere before returning home with whatever they bring back.

Mist back a couple of days before the next club game so unless not training until given the ‘all-clear’ (and tests can be false negatives as well) then the problem could be rife throughout the club within days...

..... meanwhile.. supposedly better squads with feckall international participation are able to self isolate on account of being pish.

The SFA need told to do one by ceitic now... even bring players back before the current games are done... that goes for France, Israel, Ireland, Switzerland etc etc..

Club football is the bread & butter and should come first .... not. High risk international jaunts.

fkkn fuming... Lenny must be incandescent.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Look on the bright side, after this international every player would have had it so cant get it again :fear:

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They allowed players to refuse in march and april, * them and just pull the players now for the rest of these games.
    Why risk it? next game up the opponents are riddled as well, just going to explode here.

We wont be the only one affected so badly here and first club to go public with it, plenty will follow suit and force the situation.

Honest * fifa and uefa on this, literally life is on the line here.

19. shieldsybhoy

With the new ROI cases this is becoming shambolic now - its just total luck that Duffy isn't one of them. It's * embarrassing. These games are risking the health of players whilst * clubs (like us) over. They need to all be cancelled - now. I guarantee you at least one more of our players will either test positive or have been in close contact with someone that has before the Rangers game.

Peej likes this.
  20. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

In times of a pandemic with football clubs struggling financially surely cancelling all international football would be the most sensible option. Fair enough for trying but it’s clearly not working, as evidenced by the amount of positive cases the past week alone. Putting unnecessary pressure on clubs who are already under the cosh trying to fulfil fixtures in a hectic season.