1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Board couldn't care less about 10 in a row

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by themouth1888, Oct 2, 2020.

Discuss Board couldn't care less about 10 in a row in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Every appointment is a gamble but the fact he's won every single available trophy since returning, he has a 82% win rate in his 2nd stint and we're on course to be top of the League and with the best start ever to a domestic season if we win our next 2 games, suggests that you could be wrong in your assessment.

Time will tell...

2. Markybhoy

Lennon's a bang average manager and a HUGE downgrade from Brendan Rodgers. I can't be arsed listing all the reasons why. People know what they are and they have been discussed ad nauseum on here for the last couple of months.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Credit when it’s due

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Mate trust me, the guy completely vanishes the minute something positive happens around here, check his history, it's hilarious.

themouth1888 and McChiellini.. like this.
  5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I take the total opposite view of what you said. Neil Lennon is safe pair of hands and a proven successful Celtic manager he is in no way a gamble. For instance appointing a foreign manager who may well have been successful abroad but untried in Scottish football at big club like Celtic would have been a gamble. Neil Lennon may not have been an exciting appointment for some but he was the sensible appointment and more importantly the correct appointment. I have complete faith in Neil Lennon finishing what he started and delivering us 10 in a row.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Fair enough.

7. Markybhoy

I would agree with you that Neil Lennon was a sensible and safe person to hand the reigns to just after Brendan Rodgers left. The season was at a critical point and we needed someone who could walk in the door and understand the situation from Day 1. And he got us over the line, which was good. That is where the story should have ended in my opinion. Getting another manager of similar stature to Brendan Rodgers would have sent a strong signal to our fans and to that lot across the city.

I wish I shared your belief that Lennon WILL deliver 10IAR but I don't. I'm not saying he won't. I'm just saying I have sat and watched us play since the start of the season and I could totally see a scenario where we don't win it. I am expecting us to lose in eleven days time. We'll see how confident people are in the manager if/when that happens.

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm nervous, I must say. I don't think we're in a strong position at all. I don't blame Lenny for that, though. For all that Lawwell seems to have had a spectacular window this summer, the previous three were really poor IMHO. I don't know what will happen, but based on their EL results, I don't expect an easy win.

I do think we will get stronger as the season goes on and we start to see the benefit of this really good window, though.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    "Expecting us to lose"

Wow..

10. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Fs @Markybhoy chill out. As my big mate would say 'do you want a big man hug' one bhoy to another bhoy as we are all in this together.

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thats the attitude!

Dannybhoy81 and Sydneysider like this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Who should we have got? High profile managers come at a cost and often you see them win * all at their new clubs. There is no way the board would have given it permanently unless they knew the squad were happy playing for him. At 8 in a row I think I would have been more nervous bringing in an unknown into the mix.

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Been a very very strong window. For that the board and Lennon deserve the credit. This team will kick on this season and as always Lennon will win the doubters over again. Starting on the 17th.

My only gripe remains, broony aging quite quickly now and we still don't have a plan for his retirement. Think broony will do a job for us this season but the regression is their to be seen. Replacing broony is admittedly an impossible task but it should not deter us from finding someone that can contribute now and for the foreseeable. Let's be honest brown can contribute now granted, but every week more should be considered a bonus with the age he is at now

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This thread is a mess

15. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

On paper it's probably one of the best windows we have had. Every signing I would say is first team quality. 5 good quality internationals, the best youngster in the league and didn't lose any of our top talents for the first summer in awhile.

But.. I still feel something is missing and it's hard to put a finger on it. Feel its either tactical or just missing a spark/bit of creativity. A quick dynamic left back will help a lot though.

16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The goal is to finish stronger than you started in Any transfer window.. and I think it’s safe to say that’s been the case. Fair play to the Hierarchy.

17. Paul McAuley

Board done there part it’s over to Lennon and his back room team. Ultimately only they are to blame for * the ten. Let’s hope we kick on now. Miby see Eddy back to his best now the transfer distraction is away.

18. themouth1888

I still stand by my original statement.

If we had not qualified for Europa league then this new boy at LB would have not been signed. Board would have told Lennon to carry on as is and using Lennon's own words we may have lost a player in the process.

Don't be fooled we have now brought in what appears a decent LB but it's taken us nearly a funking year to do so. Its embarrassing. He will more than likely not be fit to face Rangers and then AC Milan! The singing should have been made weeks ago.

Again I need to stress I'm not saying go on a spending spree just push the boat out on a player or 2 for this season only. Players can always be sold on again if they don't work out but for 10iar we shouldn't be leaving anything to chance. And who knows the players we bring in may even make the club some money.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The Board have done their bit, we really needed a CB, GK, LB and a striker, so they had to deliver, now it's all about Lenny and the players delivering on the park, wasn't impressed with our performance on Sunday, but we got there in the end.

I think we have the best squad in the country.

Random Review likes this.
  20. themouth1888

We do have the best squad in the country i agree.

My gripe is how long it took for the players to be brought in. We've needed a left back for a year now. I genuinely believe this boy would not be hear if we had not qualified for Europa league. Why not get the LB back in while trying to qualify for champions league?

Had the same when we got in Jullien who was sitting on the bench while we got knocked out of CL qualifiers. We are too slow and always have been. Its maybe my bad for still expecting us to act a bit quicker