1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling a player before the window shuts

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 28, 2020.

Discuss Selling a player before the window shuts in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Ntcham is a rotational player so it would be preferable for it to be him.

At this point I don’t think we’ll lose anyone as there doesn’t seem to be any concrete interest.

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Aye if we need to balance books which is very likely then sell Ntcham, plus not opposed to let Rogic with Turnbull looking so promising and obviously ahead of him already in choice.

3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I dont want any of them to go but if i was to pick one it would be Ntcham . Its too late to be trying to get another Cb in if its Ajer we have enough cover in midfield

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ntcham linked with Southampton and West Brom, this morning.

5. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Ntcham can go and I wouldn’t be bothered at all , well covered in midfield

RockhardBoss likes this.
  6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don’t want to be the bringer of doom and would love us to sell no one now. But based solely on contract situations I think Ajer, eddy and Christie will all be off for the right money if it’s offered (No other boyata situation...and if they don’t all leave it’s cos no ones come in with a serious offer for them) and ntcham will want away. Think rogic will be happy here on his wage but reckon we’re actively trying to shift him behind the scenes. So potentially could see a lot of movement this week and I think any incomings will just be loans now. Hope a load of our youth get out on loans too and we * shift benyu! Hahah

7. StevieBhoooy!

Those driveways don’t heat themselves through winter...

I think it will be Ntcham going. He clearly wants to go and it wouldn’t do major damage to the squad.

This extended window has been a bit of a curse and just let the usual rumour and unsettling go on an extra 5 weeks.

Not sure if there will be much movement anywhere.... even the continental big-spenders have been fairly quiet... in the U.K. (especially epl) I think there would be major backlash at a spending spree while furlough schemes have been used and support staff paid off..

Then again.... there are no morals in football.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I called it months ago now, I think Édouard has already agreed to an extension.

Like you've said, they aren't stupid.

I can't see them letting Édouard get to his last season and having not cashed in yet. They spent £9milliom, they will not risk a bosman situation on this one.
    And to get maximum income (and certainly during the pandemic) I think they'd have actively tried to sell him before now...less than a week to go.
    Otherwise we now start to get in to a position that we can't replace, can't demand top dollar and if a random bid did come in from a club he was interested in, then we would potentially have an upset player.

It's all been left too late for me to think that an extension has not been signed already.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    While you could be right why would edoaurd agree to an extension and not sign the extension. If his wages are rumoured to go from 25k to 50k a week he's then losing 25k a week the longer he doesn't sign? For me i think edoaurd and his agent have kept his options open, I think edoaurd would go but only for the right club and the right deal, same for the board I think they would let him go for the right money. Due partially to covid the right deal for edoaurd or Celtic hasn't come along. I hope and expect he will be a Celtic player this time next week but then its I think another 50/50 whether he signs an extension. An extension would lower his chance of a January move and would make less attractive to a lot of clubs next summer as it would take more to buy him. Best case for us he signs and extension and goes next summer for what he is worth north of 40mill

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Peej likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Perhaps just unannounced? I did also pitch that idea awhile back as well (fyi, not claiming to be a prophet here haha, just now my thinking seems more logical to me as we get closer to the window closing and nothing seems to have happened since). Would be "like a new signing" to cheer about at the end of a transfer window if we don't have any other options of signing others.
    We've done similar before in delaying announcements for the right moment.

Would agree as well regards the length, I doubt it would be a new 4 year deal, but more like Petrov back in the day, a one year extension to protect both sides while he gets to play in a record winning season (and go down a legend) and the board get the best price.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Dublin Celt likes this.