1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FK Sarajevo v Celtic: Thursday 1st Oct 2020: UEFA Europa League Play Off Round: 7pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Sep 25, 2020.

Discuss FK Sarajevo v Celtic: Thursday 1st Oct 2020: UEFA Europa League Play Off Round: 7pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

How do you say “heavy * *” in Sarajevo ?

2. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    First of all i hope that you had nice memories from Sarajevo last year. There is Celtic pub in Sarajevo and i saw your fans drinking there but also in many other bars. It was friendly atmosphere. I met some fans, it was funny really. Unfortunatelly no fans now :( Shame...

Last year you were favorites, and you were better and won. We fought ad much as we could. This year you are still favorites, no doubt in that, but i must tell you that there is some difference in our team comparing to last year's team. We are stronger now. We bought few really good players for our league level and strenghten our roster. Even though one of our best players Amar Rahmanovic (ACM) was sent off and will not, play versus Celtic, we are still better team than last year.

This should be our first eleven against you:

....…........ Kovacevic

Oremus... Milicevic/Serbecic ... Dupovac.... Pidro

.......... Djokanovic ... Susic

…...….... Pejovic

Tatar.... Ahmetovic..... Fanimo.

New Players are fantastic, Pejovic central midfielder comes from Serbia and he put our game on higher level immediatelly upon his arrival. Fanimo is english player who is very, very fast, and great winger... You wont believe but he was officially the fastest player in England at some time... Centre backs Milicevic Serbecic and Dupovac also are among the best CBs in the league. Milicevic often play also DM and he is great there too..We do not want Serbecic to play because of poor form recently.

Our best player recently is Tatar attacking winger, he scored in almost all of our this season matches, and he will be the biggest threat. He and Fanimo on wing positions are our biggest hope for something to do... Our central forward Ahmetovic is the best goalscorer in the league for two years, but unfortunatelly not in form recently... Tatar often finds himself in the middle of the attacking line and threats constantly.

Of course have in mind when i say for some player that is great, it is for our league level only.

We are stronger this year. We do not have defeat except in UCL 2nd quallificatipn round against Belarus Champion away but that defeat was caused by the refs- we scored fully correct goal but they called unbelievable offside instead... We were better than them generally... I do not expect that we will just sit deep and encounter, we will try to battle in the midfield, most of the passes will be to our wingers and they will try to make damage... 90 procent of our atacks will be like that. Our full backs like to go forward and help wingers. We have self confidence and we have no pressure as Celtic is recognized as full favorite..

Fans here have thoughts that this actual team could become the best our team since indenpendence... For that title we need one thing: to qualify for the first time in some European group phase. We are already champions in our country for last two years and probably will be this year again. We need step forward in Europe. Celtic is the last wall ahead of us. We have hope, we will fight and who knows, its just one match, underdogs sometimes win some matches :) Who is your biggest threat for us?

3. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    We use our main oponent's name for that (the other club from our city and our biggest rival FK Zeljeznicar) :)

AstonHz and Can'tbehooped like this.
  4. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Speaking about our wingers, see this about Fanimo :) :

Former West Ham youngster Matthias Fanimo came out top in testing ahead of the likes of world greats Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo.

While at Upton Park he made headlines, in May 2014, when he became the joint fastest footballer in the world along with Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia.

The Hammers used GPS technology to measure their academy players during games and Fanimo - who has represented England at under-16, under-17 and under-18 level -came out on top. Among those left in his slipstream were Welsh talisman Bale and Portuguese ace Ronaldo

He is really fast and he knows to play football. I assume that you have fast full backs but this is our strenght, and wr hope for some quality chances from his side...

as to compare, his highest speed in last match was 34.36 km/h... Cristiano Ronaldo's has highest personal speed 33.98 km/h...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

fs shhhhh

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cheers @Almir Sarajevo :50:

We have a new goalkeeper this season. He looks good.

We have a left back who is criticised a lot, you may find out why. Sometimes he is OK, sometimes he is not OK.

We have some injuries. James Forrest might not be fit. He is a right midfield player with a short neck and sticky out arms when he runs.

We also have a new striker. He is not Albian, he is from Switzerland. AJETI. He is a good player and I think he will score a goal in the game.

Out strip is made by Adidas this year and we are all excited about that.

If you have time, I hope you do, and would like to connect closer, search YouTube for "Johnny Mac and the Faithful Scott Brown" (There's only one Scott Brown). Sing along, but not during the game as you are our rival :101:.

Good luck next week, and also in life. Thank you. Tatar for now.

Celtic :60:Sarajevo

Conlon, Rydo1888*, Cena and 5 others like this.
  7. shieldsybhoy

Was it not * it down last year? I remember they had a tall striker up front who was pretty good on the ball and brought others into play well - Ahmetovic. If they don't park the bus we have the players to win but they were decent last year.

8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Okay,time for my Green And White Trumpet to call again,3-1 to us,simples:60:

9. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Nice :) Thank you for the wishes! All the best to you as well. Generally Celtic club and even more Celtic fans are well respected here, for many reasons. We are glad to play with you, but just we will preffer to play in group phase with you, not knockdown qual match :)

I saw that Forest was subsituted, so his replacement Frimpong is he similar quality? Is he his natural replacement on same position?
    I also see that you are in good form, 5 wins in last 5 matches.

May i kindly ask if you can post the link form your media when some article or preview of the match will be published?

I will post same from our media, and will translate it to English (hope my English is ok with you, i do not use any translators)

Marty McFly, scootz and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Ahmetovic is our main and best leagues striker. He is not only scorer, he can pas well and he is very good hold up player. The only thing is that he is becoming older and it seems that this season he will not be on same level as few seasons before. Recently he is not in his form, regarding the scoring goals, but he still hold up play very good and is active in creating the actions...

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Jeremie Frimpong is a really good player. Right Wing Back is his position. He is very fast and is a great replacement for Forrest. Many of our fans would like to see Frimpong play every match. He will be a threat in this match if he plays.

We have been winning but sometimes our performances have not been exciting to watch. But Celtic is always good at winning even if they do not play good football.

We play today at 3pm (GMT) against Hibernian. This should be a hard game. You might be able to find a link online to watch this if you want. (hesgoal is a website that might help)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic

This is our national broadcaster's page for Celtic FC, there will be news about Celtic and a preview of the Sarajevo game here closer to the game.

12. shieldsybhoy

Agreed, I remember him being a good focal point at the top in the away game last year.

This game will be a good marker for us - we are winning games but not playing particularly well at all. From the quality I saw last year Sarajevo would definitely be a top 6 side in the SPFL - probably competing with Hibs & Aberdeen for 3rd spot. Will be a tough game for us but if we play to the level we can we should go through. No guarantees on that though.

13. scootz

Hi Almir!

Welcome aboard (again!).

The draw with Sarajevo was a bittersweet one for me - I lived and worked in BiH for a couple of years some time ago and I'd have loved to have to have travelled to this tie to see the city again (missed last years match)... sadly, the C-19 has * it for me (for all of us!).

Hope your team has a very good (but not great :84:) showing on the night!

Almir Sarajevo and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Welcome back, it would be good to hear what you think.
    We're not at our best yet but it may all come together in the next game, here's hoping.

Almir Sarajevo likes this.
  15. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Thanks for info... i will take a look on match preview, close to the game.

Marty McFly likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

This has been pulled from Premier sports.

Only on Celtic Tv now.

17. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    fI am glad for that opininon but i am in doubt that we would be fighting for 3rd place in your league... One match against anybody is ok, you can be lucky or better, but the whole league matches is different, we are not at least physicaly on the level with the teams on your league... Our hope is that in one match all is possibile... if we would have second leg with you, than our chances will additionaly decreased (if any)...Bu i am glad that we left some at least not bed view on us...

18. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Thank you! Glad that you saw my country inside. To shame that match is without fans, and we would like to have your fans again in our country. If you will ever come again here, feel free to send message, you have beers in Celtic pub on my bill ;)

scootz likes this.
  19. GavCFC1

Barkas

Bitton Duffy Ajer

Frimpong Brown McGregor Taylor

Turnbull Elyounoussi

Edouard

20. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Thanks! I see from your post generally you are not satisfied with the way Celtic play recently, but you are winning matches... And you are strong favorites in this match also. We accept that, but we just do not want that our players think against who they play, we want their fight, and if nothings happen - never mind, it is not shame to be defeated by Celtic...