1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V Hibs Sunday September 27th 3pm kick off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 24, 2020.

Discuss Celtic V Hibs Sunday September 27th 3pm kick off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Hibs have not won at CP for over 10 year ?

2. DonnyCelt

Hats off to Taylor today. Thought he played well.

3. dmac

Thought this was out best display so far controlled the game limited Hibs chances Frimpong terrorised them. After their draw against the Huns they would have been confident of coming here but they never got a chance to get going and after the 2nd goal went in I think they knew they weren't getting anything out of the game. Ajer still learning and at times it shows at one point in the 2nd half the ball was rolling out for a throw in for us and he decided to keep it in play and ended up giving them a throw in well inside our half just needs to keep it simple. Sad to see Ajeti going off after he scored hopefully be back in a couple of weeks to pick up where he left off. Let's hope the team kick in from here and keep up with similar performances from here on.

4. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    What time can I see the highlights what channel are they on thanks

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sportscene is on BBC Scotland in 45 mins :50:

19:15

Keano88 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No sure how long it will be up for

7. Keano88

Will give it a watch.

Haven’t watched it on a Sunday this season but heard that Thompson is brutal at hosting :giggle1:

trackebhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    What channel is it on sky

9. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Better all round performance, and Edouard is rank rotton right now.

10. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Never got a chance to see the game today so catching up on here. Reading the comments it seems to have been our best performance ?... I have to admit, when I saw the team I had a fear we would struggle, couldn't fathom,out the formation. Credit to the players, stood upnto the challenge and a good 3 points againsy what may well be the third placed team. Sometimes I dont mind being wrong !!!

11. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Nothing seems to be clicking for him just now but he is getting well Marshalled

12. joemc

The trust isn't fully there yet with the changes at the back , it showed a few times today .

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No, it will be Ajer first.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

If he says it differently in the dressing room it’s between him and the players and doesn’t get played out in public. I actually believe it shows more strength of this team to regroup and shun the negative media bias in this 10 in a Row season. I don’t think it’s the fans he’s trying to patronise. I think he is rightly * that the fans are all talking about dressing room splits and calling his every decision along with the hassle for picking Brown. I think that showed in his hug with Broony today. This team is the one that will win us the ten and it’s important we carry on trusting Lenny to deliver domestic success. They deserve our support in a tough season.

bagforlife, blackfish and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Good job it's not a vuvuzela, those things did my head in a few years back lol.

Forestbhoy66 and cidermaster like this.
  16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    He's stiffer than a * star's love sausage on * and Red Bull lol.

blackfish likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Full game is on Celtic Tv now.

looking for watching it.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Seen the Sports Scene highlights.

Thought we played well against a team that has started extremely strong. They had three decent opportunities but one of them there was an obvious foul against us that wasn't given.

Shame about Ajeti as he seems like he's fitting in. I loved the desire to follow up for his goal. Thought Cal Mac's goal was class but they weren't shutting him down quick enough. Unlucky not to grab a second. Turnbull looks great in the hoops. He must get more game time!!!! Ely looks like he'll score whenever given a chance. Duffy looked a bit unsure. No nonsense. If in doubt, leather it out. Twice he was caught out on with the flight of the ball.

19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Taylor easily dealt with Boyle and nullified him to the point where he was anonymous. Brown strolled it and was one of the best players on the pitch.

I shake my head in disbelief at the negativity before a ball is even kicked by the online social media depressives.

Jaxxx, joemc and scootz like this.
  20. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Pleasing display. Controlled the 2nd half and barely gave Hibs a sniff. 1st half was a bit more even I thought, Hibs unlike many others tried and had success into trying to make a game of it. They had a couple of good chances, Doidge hit one just over and Nesbitt had a decent chance. Boyle was having a bit of success and they got in down the right side a few times (countering on Frimpongs attacking play), asking questions of Duffy. 2nd half Boyle couldn't get a look in against Taylor, Nesbitt and Doidge were dealt with by the defenders. Midfield hassled and pressed the life out of the Hibs defence and midfield, thought Hibs got a bit of a foothold in the 1st half because we seemed to sit off the play.

Frimpong a constant threat down the right and also on the counter from Hibs corners. Thought McGinn was very lucky to escape without at least a booking early doors for a foul after a Frimpong counter. Bitton after an early test of his abilities, strolled through the game. Duffy had a couple of misjudgements, doesn't look very comfortable when out wide and defending 1 v 1. Although won his usual ball in the air challenges and stepped in with a few clever interceptions to disrupt some Hibs play. Ajer with a solid display, the 80 yard lung buster in the 2nd half was much more like the player we know.

Brown with by far his best display of the season, covered the wing back areas when Hibs tried to counter. Used the ball much better and quicker. McGregor took his goal well and good to see the quick interchanges with Mo El, Taylor, Chrisite and Co. Christie done well, unfortunately his performance was reduced to just 45 mins. Linked the play well and was direct with his play, as seen with the Ajeti goal. Hopefully, its nothing to serious.

Mo El shown he is another option in the 2 upfront scenario. Again the link play was good. He is a threat to teams in behind, his movement and choice of runs is quality, as seen in his goal. Ajeti, unfortunately injured and puts his induction into the team back a bit. But what a return we have had from a guy who isn't fully settled into our playing style. He always seems to put himself in the right places to get the scoring chances. Cannae wait to see the fully up and running version.

Eddie looks a bit lost in his play and low in confidence. I don't buy into the he's not interested. Seems to be forcing things, trying to make things happen. Gets the ball and immediately tries to take on the whole team. Was hoping he could get a goal today. Hibs mentality for most of the game, allowed for a bit more space than he has seen recently. Was unlucky on a few occasions with good runs which we couldn't get the ball to him.

David Turnbull on for Christie and took up the role. Didn't look out of place and someone we can drop into the team anytime. Had a couple of good deliveries from corners. But his use of the ball was tremendous. Turning out and away from the pressure, combinations and topped off with the assist for Mo El. We often get slated and slate Scottish players for technical ability and game awareness/decision making. Turnbull cannot be slated on either. In fairness, he done much of this already at Motherwell. A lot of it is basics, but its not highlighted enough when the basics are done so well. So unfortunate the injury prevented him from being here a year earlier.

Today looked like we have shaken off/started to emerge from the malaise and effects of our stunted start to the season. I feel we have far more to come from this team. The players that started on the bench today can step in at points throughout the season and keep up the level of play.

Promising

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020