1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hard to judge a player who is constantly played out of position

2. cammy07

He played wing back that night too. His lack of pace is there for all to see, but his delivery into the box (when he gets into a position) and use of the ball is absolutely excellent. Far from our biggest problem at this moment in time.

Rydo1888*, Dan Breen and Liam Scales like this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Exactly this. If he was keeping a better player out I could understand the frustration or if he Was costing us games. He’s doing neither. Doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets at all.

cammy07 likes this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I meant that as in it’s not his best position, and it was a new thing he had loads of room. To consistently hit those levels, I think he’d need to play at his best position. Which is 100% left back for me.

LWB is the position we definitely need a more natural player at for me, but he’s not the biggest problem at all I agree with that. I feel bad for him just now, I like his attitude but.

5. JCGE

One of the worst celtic players ever to get a significant run of games. Has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. Slow, weak, timid and a serious lack of quality. Urgently needs replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boruc17 and made in ireland like this.
  6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Mental how when we are playing bad this guy gets dogs abuse., much more than the rest. Not even close to being the worst last night again! Intact after Frimpong he was probably out 2nd best, didn’t do anything wrong defensively and got a few decent crosses in and a few into feet. Maybe doesn’t have all the confidence in the world to keep taking men on but I’d rather he kept possession than just running it out for a Gk or tackled and then we are caught short. Needs to works on some stuff but I’m sure it’ll come.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He can't tackle, positional play is awful.

Sorry, but let's be honest if there's people still thinking he's the right fit for the club fair dos, but don't be coming back after a Kent or whatever rips him apart then because it's against that lot change the tune.

He's * end of, and my initial fears of him I'm 100% confident won't be changed.

Basic question, do you want either Ajeti up front with Ed or is Taylor a better option in a 451?

8. made in ireland

He’s absolutely brutal and should be nowhere near a Celtic jersey.

Surely to * we’ve got a player in one of the youth teams who we’d be as well giving a chance to, as opposed to Taylor. He’s got absolutely nothing going for him.

9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I think he tries his best but sadly he is just not good enough, no question his effort.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's only in the team through seriously bad management.

Firstly from Lawwell for not acquiring us a LB/LWB when 2 have left and he's had 3 and a half months.

And Lennon for continue to pick him as LWB which is hanging him out to dry and destroying his confidence. If he is picking him through necessity because of the above then he should be applying more pressure to the board both privately and publicly to bring in a guy that is actually suited to the role.

At Kilmarnock he played LB in a rigid, defensive 4-5-1, where he stuck with his man, stopped cross balls coming into the box, kept it simple with forward passes to the midfield and occasionally made overlapping runs with their wingers to cross the ball in.

We're asking him to now cover the full left side on his own, to have the engine to get up and be a winger when we're attacking and also be there to protect the defence when we're defending. We're setting the boy up to fail and as above it's minging management of the situation by all at the club.

Lion1961 and The Prof like this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Majorly disagree with both those opinions.

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That's it in a nutshell, definetely gives it his all, not doubting that at all.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I think your as near to the truth as can be.

I feel for him as he's bursting a gut ,but being a Kilmarnock player then becoming a Celtic player is night and day.

It looks like we are too much of a step up for the lad....squad player yes...first team starter I have my doubts.

The_Bhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  14. JamesM09

Feel sorry for him at this point. He's been given a role he just can't do and it's made worse because no one else knows what they're doing.

He was much better last season when we had a consistent system. This season we are a riot and he's taking the brunt of it.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. celticdawg

Comes a time when you have to blame the person who keeps selecting him when its obvious to everyone he clearly isnt good enough !!
    The lack of urgency in filling this position will cost us sooner rather than later , get the finger out Celtic ffs

16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Jonny Hayes would have been a far better option at wing back than him… and I’m not saying Hayes was the answer either but still a better option for me.

Boruc17 and Dan Breen like this.
  17. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Very good game today

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The guy is a good player but his inabilty to beat a man is magnified because of the way we play, you contrast that with Jezza on the other side.

I think he would be decent back up, but it's imperative we sign a LB before the window shuts.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was solid enough and should've had an assist right on half time but there's just something missing..

Well a few thing's to be fair...especially when you look at the right hand side..

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thought he was good today, Boyle is probably one of the toughest tests he'll face in the league (I think the Huns play Hagi on the right, who's been pish). Hopefully we have somebody in to properly challenge for the spot