1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Beginning to think Damien Duff was the brains behind the operation!

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Having a think back to the comments he made after the champions League knockout game to the Hungarians, he tried to blame that result on the players, some not wanting to be here, rather than accept he got it wrong (again).

"My message to the players is we have to do better. Get your mentality right. Get your attitude right.

If some of you don't want to be here, then leave, and then, you know, let us work with the players who want to be here"

His words four weeks ago as we got * out of the champions League.
    4 weeks later and apart from elhamed and Julien, he is playing the same team and a weirdly similar * up tactic.
    We are devoid of ideas, lack the right mentality and lack attitude.

Neil Lennon, just what the * are you doing four weeks later to fix this? What players did he mean when he said the above words? Because he is playing the same team (minus two players I think we would all agree actually want to be here in Julien and elhamed), and the attitude is the same, the mentality is the same.

A month down the line and there is no change what so ever.

That is a poor manager.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do some people still think we can’t get anyone better than him as manager?

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    seanm likes this.
  5. seanm

lenny just pick the best 11 in a 352 and happy days . any deviation from this and we are *.HH

Peej likes this.
  6. seanm

yep. he said griff was the best natural finisher hed seen yet the boy isnt getting a look in.griff would give more than the so called fitter 11.can see him moving on which would be a shame.love the griff.HH

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He didn't after the League shutdown, that's why guys like Klimala came back with KGs of muscle added and Griffiths came back out of condition.

Starting him ahead of Klimala or Ajeti would send out the whole wrong message. We should be incentivising hard graft and effort.

Xatraps likes this.
  9. freitassen

If Duff was the brain behind the team, wouldn't be good giving him the job as manager, something he would certainly accept as it would be quite a step up in his career?

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Honking patter.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ah the old thinking that Griff is the saviour. The guy who can’t be relied on in the slightest. Is consistently unavailable for selection. And actually isn’t that amazing a footballer.

Groundhog day.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Typical Lenny fan.

:fear:

13. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Don't know what the story is with Lennon. I wanted him to get the job and have supported him as I thought he'd play more attacking aggressive football which he did at the beginning when we had an aggressive high press, pushing players forward and moving the ball forward quickly. We were scoring goals for fun, playing entertaining football, won at Ibrox and apart from 1 game doing well in Europe.
    For some reason he then changed it and we now play a much more cautious style of play - virtually no press at all so giving the opposition time to play, not getting enough men into the box when we do attack with no runs from midfield past the strikers to break the defensive line, playing in front of defences instead of trying to break through them, sticking with players who aren't playing well (for whatever reason), leaving out players who should be the 1st on the team sheet (Frimpong). Brown, McGregor and Ntcham don't work together as none of them get far enough up the park to support the striker(s) - McGregor could but isn't being played that way. Playing players out of position (Christie most recently - is he playing midfield or up front - does he even know?)
    Then to come out and say we played well when everybody else thought it was torture is insulting our intelligence or he's delusional.
    As I say I've been one of his biggest supporters but even I'm losing/have lost patience.
    Michael Stewart, in 90 mins, pin-pointed all the problems the fans have seen since the start of the season - I'm only half joking when I say I'd take him as our manager right now.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we cant we havent got a left wing back as can be seen by last night and any of our games lately

unless that is were playing domestic * then ofcourse we could play elyonoussi at left wing back dont know how willing he would be to track back at times though

you can bet the huns have been working on exploiting full back areas in anticipation of us playing 3 at the back aswell

as it stands i can see us trying to play 3 at the back against them and end up playing 5 at the back taylor ajer duffy julien elhamed brown mcgregor christie ntcham edouard because were not penetrating with the wing back taylor and elhaed we get pushed back into a 5 man defence and give the huns the intitiative, its a good posibility this is the way things could pan out

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  15. john2061

One of the problem is brown we played the best football and the midfield was quick in attack when brown was out of the team .
    Lennon knows if he leaves brown out and we win 4 or 5 goals it's going to be difficult to get back in the team .
    It's not helping the midfield when he's played three 90 minute games in a week .
    He needs to play players on form and if frimpong and AJeti and Mo don't start on Sunday and we don't get the three points the supporters will be at breaking point .

16. murphy88

Anyone that is not at least slightly concerned with what we have seen so far this season is burying their head in the sand. Lennon doesn't know his best team or his best tactics. The constant chopping and changing of both is helping nobody. Too many players are nowhere near their best as well. Brown is miles off it, and is a guaranteed yellow every game just now, McGregor isn't his usual self on the ball, Christie isn't carrying the same threat, Edouard hasn't had a good game apart from Hamilton first game. Forrest is not at it and Taylor is simply not good enough.

Sunday is a big test, we have been winning against dross in the league so far, Hibs will provide a much harder test. We will need to be better than we have been in the last month or so, or Hibs will take points off us. I fear for us next week against Sarajevo as well. Something just not right at the minute, the players are going through the motions.

17. Maestro 08

The first question should read

'Do you spend your time on Twitter arguing with other random Celtic fans and having a go at the Celtic manager?'

'Do you spend your time on Twitter arguing with other random Celtic fans for having a go at the Celtic manager?'

If the answer to either is 'yes' then you are a *. Adventure over.

18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Scraping to a title against a * Rangers team isn’t and will never be enough for me I’m afraid.

Ive said it before but using them as our benchmark leads to results like Cluj and Ferencvaros. We are declining at an alarming rate and our European reputation is in tatters.

We are tedious to watch despite having a very impressive squad and things need to improve drastically. There would be more voices calling for change right now in my opinion if the manager wasn’t a club legend.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Take a * day off with the sanctimonious * will ya.. point out on here where anyone has called him any of those names, threatened him or trolled... Neil lennon is not some 4 year old lassie that needs protecting.

What Lenny has endured in the past does not excuse him from criticism nor does it explain why the * we are struggling to beat absolute * and playing nearly every player we have out of position. His refusal to drop out of form or past it or players that dont want to be here is going to cost us like it already has against that mob from Hungary.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Er here... In last night's match thread.

Sydneysider and Mince.Charming like this.