1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New NBA season

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by pokerbhoy74, Oct 8, 2010.

Discuss New NBA season in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Nuggets have lost the plot here.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s mental how basketball goes backwards and forewords momentum wise.

Valhalla likes this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly thought Nuggets were going to crumble with the refs giving everything against them.

There’s hardly been any actual blowouts in these playoffs man. Usually even in a tight series one team can completely pump the other but the amount of games coming down to the final minutes/possessions is mental.

MacEwan likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Rondo to Howard, what year is it.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lakers are on it now.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Caruso looks like he should work in IT.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Canny imagine the Nuggets playing worse or the Lakers playing better.

Refs have been a disgrace this game as well.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

So easy for Davis, he’s scary on form.

Valhalla likes this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s been the Lakers best player this year but gets * all credit cos of Lebron.

Needs to come home to Chicago where he’ll be appreciated.

MacEwan likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don’t understand this. Ok the Lakers might go on to win the championship, but the Bucks had a better record and Giannis has a ridiculous stat line without an “Anthony Davis” in his team. And why is nobody talking about AD?

Valhalla likes this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don’t think I’ll have the energy to stay up tonight

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And AD outperformed Lebron in every statistic aside from assists.

Said it last night but if Lakers win this title it’s because of AD. He’s their best player.

Think he’ll leave Lakers after this season whatever happens now. So under appreciated and they’ve got no assets to improve their team. Should move and have his own team.

13. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To be fair to LeBron, his comments were part of a wider rant about how the voting process works for awards. He even said himself that he’s not saying at all that Giannis doesn’t deserve it, but most media are conveniently leaving that part out. He went through various times in recent history where the voting has just simply made no sense (eg he felt he should have won DPOY the year Marc Gasol won it, but Gasol won it even though he didn’t make the all defensive first team :39::56:).

I’m inclined to side with him on the basis that one of the journalists who gets a vote went with Andre Drummond as DPOY this year and had him 2nd team All NBA. His picks were all farcical and genuinely like he hadn’t watched a single game all year.

14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That’s where, for me, statistics simply don’t tell the full story. LBJ is the heartbeat of that Lakers side and makes every player around him better. Take him out and the whole thing falls apart.

Don’t get me wrong, AD has had an incredible year and deserves a lot of plaudits, but I don’t think James’ influence can be underestimated at all.

AD’s in a pretty dreamy situation in LA. A couple more years competing for titles alongside one of (if not the) best players ever and then when LeBron retires, AD is the face of the biggest franchise around without immediate pressure to win a title.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We saw what James was without AD in the Lakers.

I think it’s obvious that if AD doesn’t turn up then the Lakers are nothing in all honesty.

Lebron is too old to carry a team now. Not doubting his greatness but AD is the one who’ll be the deciding factor if they win a title or not.

I don’t think it’s a dreamy situation for someone who’s a generational talent and will want one to go down as a great. He could quite easily be a Batman and lead his own franchise but in LA he’ll always be Robin because of Lebron’s popularity.

If he’s wanting to an easy life and the most money, profile, lifestyle etc it’s dreamy. If it’s about legacy I don’t think it’s dreamy in the long term.

16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think judging a half-fit LeBron on a terrible roster in his first season in LA is harsh to be honest. I’d make a strong argument that if you’d put AD instead of LeBron on that Lakers side last year, they’d have been just as bad (see his Pelicans compared to James’ Cavs for example). I love AD, but in the modern day NBA they need each other.

Completely agree that at LeBron’s age, he needs a co-star to allow him sufficient rest, especially during the long regular season. They’ll both have to have a huge say if the Lakers are to achieve the ultimate success, its unfair on either of their greatness to suggest otherwise. Bosh sacrificed Stats in Miami, Klay/Dray sacrificed in Golden State, now LeBron is sacrificing statistically in LA. They’re two superstars on a roster that without either wouldn’t be in their current position.

What I meant is that if AD and LeBron were to win a couple of titles together, AD wouldn’t have that immediate pressure once LeBron goes as he’d be a proven winner. He’d then have the chance to pick his own sidekick at a franchise everyone wants to play for and kick on to further success.

Of course, AD may always be tempted by the chance to make the Bulls great again.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    See I don’t see it as Lebron sacrificing. Klay, Draymond, Bosh etc where in their prime and 3rd/4th options on their respective teams.

Lebron thinks he’s the main man on his team but by every metric it’s AD.

He’s just simply not the player he was and can’t go out and drop 40/50 points if he wants and completely run games at will every night. It’s not a criticism it’s just a fact.

Lakers can win the title without Lebron being great in my opinion. They can’t win it without AD being great though.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’d love nothing more than AD to come home to the Bulls, and him winning a title in Chicago would make him the biggest icon since Jordan.

But I think after LA he goes somewhere that have a roster missing a Superstar to take them to the title. Don’t know where that’ll be though.

19. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Maybe “sacrifice” isn’t the right term, but LeBron has completely changed his game to make space for AD as the main scorer. He’s literally become the most creative player in the game to facilitate for his teammates, rather than taking the reigns as the top scorer himself. No one else in history could adapt to a team and make all his teammates better the way LeBron does. Again, the stats don’t tell the full story. LeBron is the absolute heartbeat of this Lakers team.

I’m not denying that he needs more help than in the past. Of course he does, his workload in the last 18 years has been insane and he simply can’t put in the minutes at as high an intensity as he used to.

I honestly think your last paragraph almost makes my point. AD has to play great, of course he does, but LeBron always plays great and that’s almost taken for granted by most.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The comments are there in the video if you swipe, they haven’t hidden the fact that he says the winner is deserving. It’s all there and he just sounds bitter.

The voting is weird, but the right player won. When you’ve got a better record, a better stat line and you’re the only real star on your team, you’re the MVP. It’s a regular season award.

I love LeBron, for obvious reasons. I’m not just going to hate on him for the sake of it like many do.