1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

Yep. Something changed when back in Glasgow

2. RI Bhoy

I wish I could agree but I feel like there's been a lot of these lately...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I know Petrov didn’t go out on loan but I hope this is a settling/cultural issue and not an ability one. Hopefully he does well over there and comes back stronger for it. Playing games regularly is essential for any player, who knows.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

On-loan Celtic winger Marian Shved Missed Mechelen's weekend clash after being forced into a desperate scramble back to Belgium.

Club boss Wouter Vrancken revealed he allowed the 23-year-old to return to the Ukraine during the international break but he faced a nightmare attempting to return

Vrancken says Shved was unable to get a flight back and was forced to take a car.

He was then left out of Mechelen's 1-0 defeat to Oostende on Saturday following the 2500km trek across the continent, with fellow Parkhead loanee Jack Hendry scoring the winner.

Vrancken admitted: “His flight was fully booked so he had to take the car to Belgium. He only arrived last night.”

Shved completed a season-long loan switch to the Belgian Pro League side back in August after failing to force his way into Neil Lennon’s plans at Celtic.

He's managed only 24 minutes in Mechelen's first three league games but Vrancken previously insisted he was thrilled to have him on-board.

He said last month: “Let’s be honest here, Marian Shved is an outstanding talent who would not normally choose to play for a club like Mechelen

But because he hardly played at all last season, he wants to relaunch his career with us. He will bring us a real injection of quality to this club.

“He’s a shy guy and we are going to have to take him under our wing a bit, but he will soon get to know his new team mates. He will need time though because he’s barely played at all last season and was training on his own.

“But I can immediately see that the boy can play, he can speed up play when needed or hold onto the ball.

“He’s an excellent addition to the squad and we are lucky to have him.”

Shved was signed during Brendan Rodgers reign at the club but never played under him, instead arriving during the summer following the manager's departure.

However, he's since managed only three appearances for the Premiership champions.

5. Jeffrey

Going by that managers comments it must be a personality thing

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Like Bajo I thought he'd be an excellent signing. I don't really understand what happened here as he does appear to be talented.

If it was homesickness then it's surprising to see him in another foreign league.

7. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Going by that managers comments maybe he is just a really shy quiet guy. I can imagine with all the big characters in celtics dressing room if he didn’t feel like he fit in it would be even worse for him. Some times fans forget players are also people too haha guy could have bad anxiety, home sickness or anything as to why he can’t fit in away from home

NomDePlum likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Marian Shved's new boss Wouter Vrancken has rounded on the standard of Scottish football and blamed its "low level" for the Celtic star's weak start to the season.

The Ukrainian winger has been sent to the Belgian club on loan after a miserable spell at Neil Lennon 's side where he struggled for first-team minutes.

But he's not exactly set the heather on fire in his new setting either with just one appearance so far from a possible five.

And boss Vrancken reckons he will take time to adjust because the Belgian league is far higher than the level of Scottish football.

He said: "He hasn't been able to train last week because he was late arriving back from international football with Ukraine so that wasn't ideal.

But you can see he is technically good, although he is a little introverted

And he has arrived from the Scottish league which is a lot lower level than our league.

"So it makes sense that he is going to take time to adjust to a higher standard."

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I think it was more a criticism of our opponents rather than us, although it's not as if he ever kicked a ball against Scottish opposition...

freitassen and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Belgian football is a higher level for the most part. Nothing controversial there really

12. rickyroma25

It is a higher standard. There's no doubt about it.

13. Pearse67*

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No, in the same way the guy's comment doesn't.

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Especially cause they beat us at Parkhead
    You dont agree that Belgian football is a higher standard than Scottish?

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lads, I was being flippant, not trying to win a debate.

I know nothing, zero, about Belgian football :50:

Pearse67* likes this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Am I right in saying Jack Hendry scored the winner against his team last week ?

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think he’s right, we’re better than the Belgium teams but they are a much higher standard of competition. It’s a dig at the other teams in the Spfl rather than us.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You are indeed.

:56:

James likes this.
  20. Jeremie Frimpong

Shved barely kicked a ball in the Scottish Premiership, and Mechelen, who finished 6th last season, is reliant on off-casts from a Scottish Premiership club, so he should probably shut his mouth.

Likewise, Hendry is starting (and scoring) for a Belgian top-flight club, and going further back, Watt was a better-than-one-in-two striker at Lierse.

There are usually a few teams of a good standard in Belgium, but the rest are no better than what you would find here. Certainly, the manager of Mechelen is in no position to criticise the standard of Scottish football.

martin_d likes this.