1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

6 games in...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Sep 17, 2020.

Discuss 6 games in... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    1. Along with his loyalty to the likes of Brown, CalMac, Jamesie and RC. It seems to me that the trio of Brown RC and CMcG just does not work, just not dynamic enough. CMcG and RC together with someone else in the 10 role, MoEly, Rogic, or Forrest, plenty options there. Frimprong has to start RWB in a 3 5 2 formation and Taylor is not the LWB. We do have options.

LectersLuncheon and JC Anton like this.
  2. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    We cannot be disappointed with the current league position given the way we have played.
    But only in spurts have we shown we are ready and firing on all cylinders. There may be several reason for this, some out with our control. However, Lenny doesn’t seem to know his best 11 or formation. That is well within our control.
    The fact we are playing * and slow and pedestrian in a large chunk of games is concerning. That for me comes down to his management.
    I understand squad rotation,but * me.
    We bought turnbull and soro for what?? Celtic plc spunkin money for no reason. Another Kouassi, Benyu, Allan, etc... wasted. Why buy these guys if they’re *? Why buy these guys if they’re good but not play them? And they haven’t been cheap either! Personally I think Trumbull should be straight in. He is more than decent and would help out Christie who I feel is doin a lot of it on his own. Haven’t seen too much of soro to comment.
    Our midfield needs injected with energy. The opportunity is there. Our manager is choosing not to change it. Again i hark back to general melchet in blackadder. That’s what this seems like. Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.
    Infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buchanbhoy and charlietully like this.
  3. Jeremie Frimpong

Birthday caird pish.

Valhalla and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Never liked the bed wetter phrase. I’m basically nervous watching Celtic until we’re completely out of sight of the opposition, partially this season. Actually find the notion that some aren’t more bizarre.

The way I see it - we were basically forced into abandoning the 3-5-2 early in due to the Griffiths situation. We’re now able to play it, and look pretty decent doing so, but Lennon is still a bit cautious on the fitness of Ajeti, understandably.

Defensively we’ve been very poor though. I don’t believe Duffy to be the answer to that because I don’t believe our centre backs are the issue. We’re too easy to run through in midfield, and irrespective of how good your defenders are, they don’t want to find themselves with a striker on their heels and an opposition midfielder beating down on them. That obviously ties in with the over-reliance/blind faith in Brown.

The positive side if things is that despite not really clicking, we’ve ground out results. I get the feeling the Huns are much more reliant on a stable XI and that inability to change things without it having a very detrimental effect in performance will hurt them.

Europe was a *.

Xatraps and JML67 like this.
  5. stew37

I think it needs freshened up in the middle, I see no reason not to start Turnbull in the next game. I don't think Brown has been as bad as has been made out, but I think Turnbull could provide more of a creative spark. Maybe give him 70 mins next game, and Brown can shore things up later on.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

If we lose the league, the blame will lie squarely at the feet of the board, and the manager whom it appointed, not overcritical supporters on social media.

The jobs-for-the-boys culture at the club is harming it more than anything else. Some supporters are prepared to accept declining standards if a good Cel'ic man is in charge.

JamesM09 likes this.
  7. Jeremie Frimpong

Everyone is a bedwetter until the chickens come home to roost.

8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Too many people think there are always only two camps

Happy clapper <---> Pantywetter
    Lenny lover <---> Lenny basher

etc.

In truth, there are all sorts of stances inbetween and it is completely acceptable to sway back and forth along the spectrums. The good thing about social media and forums is you can choose to accept, respect or ignore people's opinions. Sensible open discussion is great and it tends not to involve those who sit on either of the two extremes I highlighted above. Otherwise it's just a noise.

9. oh bhoy

It's not just 6 games in though the football has been awful to watch since Lennon came back in instead of controlling games we find ourselves involved in scrappy contests which plays into hands of lesser teams, we needed a manager who could build on and improve on the foundations laid by Rodgers as the performances had already begun to deteriorate and we needed better quality players at that point to keep that momentum.we didn't do either set ourselves back years .

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I was looking for a specific post I had made some time ago and ended up reading some threads from last year at a similar point in the season to this one.

The fears and worry about performances, squad unity, tactics etc is honestly uncanny.

Now you can look at that and claim that Lenny isn't learning from his mistakes but for me personally, if the mistakes are the same from now until the end of this season as they were last season then I'll be a happy bhoy. 10 in a row will have been achieved, as will qualifying from our EL group with a bit to spare and spanking fascists along the way.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think it’s more mistakes from the fans :56:

Soon as Eddy and Ajeti gel, we’ll be aw good.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A month from now we’ll see where the land lies. Both in terms of what the squad will look like and where we are in the league after beating the manks.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Slightly worried about our away form, not looking to great and tbh we've not been anywhere I'd say has been Notorious for us.

The midfield has me worried and for a few games not liked the looks of Ed, he's looked ponderous and sloppy of late.

Still hopeful we can improve the squad/team, but a bit worried at the expense of one of our main players.

14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Before Rodgers left mate the football was absolutely turgid a mind drawing nil nil with
    Don’t get how Lennon s refusal to play any strikers in an important European tie and cost us the match
    Then do the same against Motherwell in the first half instead of admitting he was wrong has anyone to do with the fans

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fitness. Honest to * I don’t get how people can watch football and still not understand that what fitness is.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Spot on.

Said it last night, we’ve played 8 competitive games so far and struggled/lost/dropped points in 4 of them. Dundee United, St Mirren, Killie and Ferencvaros. 4 teams we should be comfortably beating, really.

Lennon keeps going on about wanting players to get match fit and keep consistency in performances, and yet he can’t pick the same team for two games in a row. It’s baffling and isn’t helping the team at all.

We won 5-0 at the weekend, so what does he do? Change up half the team. As a result we looked disjointed and pedestrian. We could all have predicted that’s what would happen.

Another point. I’m enjoying seeing us look more dangerous from set pieces and crosses, however I’m worried we may become reliant on them. Both goals last night from crosses into the box (one being a set piece). 5-0 at the weekend with 3 or 4 coming from set pieces, or as a result of them.

We don’t seem to be creating a lot of chances from open play.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    352 is so reliant on the top two clicking as a team, the link up and movement between them makes it what it is. We haven’t got that yet, that was the difference between last seasons and now.

Once Eddy and Ajeti start linking with each other we’re going to be insane.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This coming from the guy constantly moaning about this player and that player not getting a chance. The manager starts changing it up and now you're moaning about no consistency because he is starting to give players a chance...

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We miss griffiths delivery and his link up with Eddy not popular opinion but obvious.

brown every game has passed him by except Ross county.

we have played 6 games - 4 away from home as someone said let’s see where we are come the end October!

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

class.

In all seriousness though Brown needs to be dropped. Any chance?