1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

St Mirren (1) V Celtic (2)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 12, 2020.

Discuss St Mirren (1) V Celtic (2) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf mate, as much as it was a poor performance , you are correct, these teams are fighting for their livelihood, you go 1 nil down after 2 minutes it show’s a bit of character to not play well but come back and grind out a2-1 win and 3 points, know it gets said often but to win ugly is also a mark of champions

a mind going there about 2 years back, Ntcham getting sent off and drawing 0-0 so no the worst at Mirren away performance

Slaw, Xatraps and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Just on Elhamed, I saw a lot of diving about by them. A few that were just them flinging themselves down and they were getting the FKs.

Brown is frustrating because we have the opportunity with so many subs to let him play a role and remove him when needed, but don't.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The one goal win *-fests like these are just as important as the 4 5 or 6 goal thumpings.
    It's not pretty on the eye, not at all.
    But its 3 pts. It's more game time for players. It'll help improve sharpness and fitness.
    I'm sat at home just like everyone else frustrated and screaming at the TV, but let's recognize that sometimes its gonna be like this and just make sure we get the job done.

I'll take a season of one goal victories if need be.......

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye Elhamed is usually a bit smarter than that, it was as if he was trying too hard to make an impact tonight..

I really like the big man.

Artorias, charlietully and Xatraps like this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

got to finish with a bit of positivity

we were * but we dug out the win

hail hail :50:

johnboy19, Crilly, Xatraps and 3 others like this.
  6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s said all the time but football without the fans is awful. Goal celebrations are non existent these days, couple a high fives on the walk back to restart. Can’t wait for the day of a knee slide at the corner flag infront of a packed stand. Seems a million miles away atm :55:

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know mate it’s crazy, he rest guys like Julien who’s 27 and when rested there’s not a helluva lot of options to replace him

brown is 35 and if he does get rested you’ve got an array of options from Turnbull soro and Ntcham

a think Lennon feels without brown in the team we don’t hav many outspoken leaders on the pitch
    Hopefully with big Duffy there that has changed

Artorias likes this.
  8. scootz

Was a pretty turgid watch, but 3 points is 3 points, and our players are getting fitter.

As an aside, I just wonder how much the empty stands affects the players? I genuinely wondered if there would be the same intensity to these games when it was announced they would be played behind closed doors.

After all, a wise man once said that ‘football without fans is nothing’. He might have been on to something!!

9. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This place is going to be unbearable when we don't win this season haha. Unreal.

We did more than enough tonight. All that matters are those 3 points.

Mince.Charming and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  10. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Not going to win awards for game of the season that for sure. 3 points and we have a centre half goal machine.

A fair few changes in the side, not sure what we learnt from it. Klimala, who is better at running in behind and facing goal. Had to play in the midst of umpteen bodies and failed to make an impact( he wasn't alone). El Hamed, can be better. 1st half was littered with giving away possession to the opposition. Taylor and Forrest cutting inside far too often. And overall a generally lethargic play.

Due to technical issues, I missed the St Mirren goal. Not seen a replay yet, some folk not happy with Barkas and others the general defending of set pieces,which was and has been an issue. However, our set pieces are becoming a problem for other teams. If we even get a half decent delivery, then you fancy one from Julien, Duffy or Ajer to get on the end of it. 2nd goal came off the back of another free kick. Good header from Forrest.

2nd half was more of the same. St Mirren commentator claimed we were holding onto a 1 goal lead. Not sure how yer holding on, when every other player bar the goalie is 15 yards from his teams box. Zlamal had a couple of saves from Chrisite and Eddie. The latter with a poor penalty, in a largely poor and frustrating night.

As is their want. St Mirren offered and contributed to an abject game of competitive football. Everybody within the width of the 18 yard line and about 5 yards gap between each player. Again, its their choice to play the way they desire. But they got what they deserved from the game in terms of points. It wasn't an advert to promote Scottish Football but I would hazard a guess at "defensively well organised" and "difficult to break down" will be lauded with regards to their display. I suspect their lack of attacking play or not being able to retain possession, will not get as much coverage in a game which they lost.

While I'm in a moaning mood. John Beaton again with another inconsistent display. I also expect the "endangering an opponent" brigade to be all over the Richard Tait incident near the end. Scott Brown booked for a challenge that a St Mirren player was only given a "talking too" 5 minutes previously. And another ref who consistently puts himself in a position which makes it harder to move the ball. I don't see what is so hard for him to plank his fat * behind the play, rather than right in the middle of it.

Anyway, We were comfortably in control. We can play better and we are trying to find a few solutions in a few areas of the field with the 3-5-2/3-4-1-2.

11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    We were really flat today! But...We * won! 3 points & we move on! LIVI Next

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Just caught it on Sportscene...definitely not one for the football purists..... but 3 points is all that matters. Onwards!

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

seanm likes this.
  14. Mince.Charming

It's pathetic. They expect to win every game 5-0.

15. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    That's not Scott Browns fault... that's your management team.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I agree mate. He can't take himself off when its no working.

17. seanm

yep up against a parked buddies bus after 2 minutes.the mark of the champions played * won the game 3 points. next.HH

Mince.Charming likes this.
  18. Crilly

Strongest 11 then 3-4 subs from 60 mins depending on score. Hopefully hibs do the huns the weekend and we can go top

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Unique angle?

That's one way of putting it...