1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

St Mirren (1) V Celtic (2)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 12, 2020.

Discuss St Mirren (1) V Celtic (2) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree with all that but the worst Celtic player for me tonight, Was Eddy,brilliant player but gets away with * murder, penalty was a * disgrace , wee Forrest wasn’t great and getting the usual pelters but at least the wee man scored the winner

Taylor is pish, brown needs dropped,5 yellow cards in 6 games is down to the fact he’s lost a yard in pace
    3 points the main thing though

MagicBallBhoy and martin_d like this.
  2. Lewis Kerr

Barkas
    Duffy Jullien Ajer
    Frimpong Turnbull McGregor Doughty
    Elyounoussi
    Edouard Ajeti
    This would be my team for the foreseeable. Rotating Ely with Christie as Rogic won't get a look in.

sutton1020 likes this.
  3. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Callum was ok tonight. Weird shape didn't help him.

4. Keano88

So boring to watch.

Happy with the 3 points but that’s about it.

Cena likes this.
  5. gazb1888

3-5-2 needs to happen, Frimpong on, Brown dropped for Soro, Klimala not ready to start, Ajeti and Eddy up top. Let’s pump Livingston get top at weekend and watch Hibs pump Sevco...

martin_d likes this.
  6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Want a better, more proven LB than Doughty in, but other than that I totally agree with this XI, domestically. In Europe, we need a Broony replacement; Turnbull and McGregor won't cut it when we need to win the ball against better opposition.

7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    My takeaways from that,

Team needs to switch on more at the start of games, we have not started well all season. This will cost us if we don't get that improved.

Left side is weak and we had too much going down that side, should have been mixing it up more.

Sent pieces are hit or miss, either a string chance at goal or utter pish, they need to be more consistent, I'd get someone other than Christie to take them as well to mix it up.

Subs are not being used properly, game was crying out for them earlier, this is a consistent thing taht we have seen over the least year is a reluctance to change things.

Squad rotation is important, yes the changes did not do the greatest here but we need to make them and use the squad, if we didn't make the changes for the start here an played like we did people here would be up in arms about the squad not being used. Equally so far Scott brown and calmac have started every game, that's not sustainable particularly with brown.

Winning dirty, this is important and is what makes champions champions, wewill have * games like this but we still win them and thats the important bit, 5 nil or 2-1 is still the same 3 points.

Oposition goalie came through with some key saves, any one of those missed could have been a differnt game for us and could have gone on for goals.

8. Lewis Kerr

Well Soro looks * mustard but again, hardly gets a look in.

At this point anyone is better than Taylor if we are playing 352. He is just awful.

9. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Another disjointed performance 3 points tho . Cant understand why we need Brown in games like these where the opposition barely gets over the halfway line . He is forever going back and taking it of our cbs so leaving a big gap in centre mid let them bring it out

MagicBallBhoy and Pearse67* like this.
  10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

There’s a reason Eddy gets away with no pelters.

Another thing to note is I don’t think Elhamed is as comfortable at centre half as many of us hoped he’d be. His best asset is going down the line and putting balls in the box for me.. his recovery pace as a right full is useful. Our back 3 should always be Jullien Duffy and Ajer when fit.

11. Pearse67*

Something isnt right at the minute, it just seems off.

John Bhoy79 likes this.
  12. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Bang, bang on imo. Lenny's one big weakness as a manager - across his entire career really - has been his generally terrible timing (and sometimes selection) of substitutions.

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Whole team was * not really any standout. Need to get back to 352

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Negatives definitely outweigh the positives tonight...

Taylor poor.
    Elhamed gave away stupid fouls.
    Brown poor
    McGregor not influential enough, by his standards.
    Forrest poor, again bar goal.
    Klimala, not involved.
    Edouard, lackadaisical.

Lenny, I’m all for making changes when needed but we’re trying to bed in a new defence and a striking partnership in Edouard and Ajeti..

The personnel he changed were the wrong personnel, getting ridiculous with Broonie.

Positive 3pts.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Wasn’t it 3-5-2 tonight?

16. Pearse67*

i thought we were playing 3-5-2

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Was it ? I thought it was a back 4 with El Hamed and Taylor at full back ?

Either way we need to get Frimpong back in and Jullien, Ajer and Duffy at the back

JC Anton likes this.
  18. CountyDownFaithful

Astounded to hear Lennon in the radio saying he thought the performance was excellent and we played with a real intensity in the first half.

I get that he isn’t going to slaughter the players (well you never know with him...) but it’s frustrating to hear that after a * performance.

I’d have expected him to say delighted with the 3 points and comeback but we have a lot of work to do. He certainly does when it comes to tactics and selection.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

A game like this sums up the must-win pressure that comes with playing for Celtic.

You hear players and pundits mention it all the time.. from afar it may seem an easy prospect to play for Celtic and win the league every year.. but whenever you lose or even draw a league game it’s like Armageddon. Not only that.. even when you win some games it’s still Armageddon.

St Mirren were well up for that tonight and nicked an early goal. It was a tight pitch with * all room to manoeuvre and we still won 2-1 and missed a penalty. Some people need to take a chill.

20. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Tbf, mate, the lad's quick, defensively fairly sound and can (doesnae always) play a good cross; he's decent back up.

But, in essence you are right, we do need better, esp in Europe, and esp in a 3-5-2.