1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Paradise88

A very effective 3rd choice striker. With 2 games a week until the new year he should get plenty minutes.

I'd like to see him scoring goals in tougher games, and I think he'd be closer to cementing his first start. I'm very interested to see how he'll perform against the Huns with his pace in what will be quite an open game.

Crilly likes this.
  3. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Really taken to the lad. Was gutted when he missed the one Eddy rolled to him. Delighted when he scored.
    He needed that goal as that chance could play on a guys mind & affect confidence.

Desperate for him to succeed here.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's shown great determination and a great attitude after the first few months last season.
    For that alone I want to see him do well.

But even beyond that, I think he has shown enough to know that he will be a better player for us than the likes of the balde, bayo, cole, fridjonssen (sp?) Of the past.

Right now he could be a pukki/scepovic, who we clearly know was a reasonable player, but it just never worked, or he could go on to be more a Gary hooper for us.

Think safe to say he won't be a massive flop though.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Bayo cannot be placed in that group of players haha he is way better than those and I’ll confidently say he’ll have as good a career as klimala will. He just never got great chances. Neither did klimala until the last few games and even then he was overlooked to play 0 strikers. I hope all new signings do well for us

6. stew37

Like most supporters, (I hope), I want everyone of our players to do well, especially when they show the right attitude, so really rooting for him to be a success. I think he's done pretty well so far, with limited opportunity. Reading online about him from some of our support is * brain damage man, seen folk saying he's been a waste of money etc. Don't know how you can come to that conclusion with the lack of game time he's had.

martin_d, Noskeil, Xatraps and 3 others like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I really hope Lenny will continue to give the guy a decent amount of game time, the more he plays the more confident he will be with his finishing.

9. horseshoe

There were people writing him off during lockdown, like he hadn't broken into the lineup instantly when he joined in january so never would, when eddy/griff were both on fire and basically undroppable at that point, it's insane, some people just go out of their way to talk * about our players. Saw Barkas and Soro getting it tight from some last week, based on * what who knows.

Tommy25 and stew37 like this.
  10. Jeroen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This guy has been getting criticised unfairly and unnecessarily, imo. He clearly has talent, and is young, hungry and industrious too. I think he’ll come good and score a lot of goals. Was glad he got a goal on Saturday and you could hear him scream in relief after he scored it.

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ideal game midweek to give him 90min, alongside Ajeti, with Eddy on if needed. Would do him a power of good to get a full game in his legs.
    He seems to have a positive attitude.

martin_d and Jeroen like this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd rather give more time for the Ajeti Edouard partnership with Klimala coming off the bench when there's tired legs.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Klimala will do well here. I think that Lennon does have faith in him. He has for me the best attribute a striker can have and that is incredible movement. You ask any defender what they hate the most and they will all say a striker who is always on the move. Also he seems to have been almost dismissed too easily because we play against packed defences, but this is a nonsense imo. A good striker can make space for himself in these situations, or for a team mate by constantly dragging defenders out their comfort zones.

Tommy25, martin_d and Jeroen like this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Biggest threat to Klimala succeeding at Celtic or not is Leigh Griffiths I think. If he gets a grip, which is highly improbable at this point I think, I can’t see him getting much opportunities.

Dannybhoy81 and Jacob knows like this.
  15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I’ve said a few times about football fans, it’s amazing how everyone knows everything about every player. Most of these things are presumptions or complete fairytales. The majority of fans at any club don’t know any of the players or staff, a small select few will. The stories the majority spout are complete nonsense and their opinion (which is fine) but I hate people twisting stories to suit their own agenda.

16. Paradise88

I agree, but klimala is here for another 4 years. Will Griffiths be here next season?

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s why it’s improbable for me.

18. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    aye makes all the difference having a natural striker up front, really like him but unless we have injuries (please NOOOOO fitba *) he won’t get much game time as Edouard & Ajeti will be banging them in regularly

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Rotation will happen as will injury. We have 5 completions to compete in. However I do feel he is a safe bet as a 3rd choice striker, this season he has scored every 90 minutes so think he will get into double figures. This is something we haven't had since 17/18 season with Griff, Dembele and Eddy.

20. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just seems a bit tense, maybe over enthusiasm or adrenaline Idk. Once he’s balanced himself a bit more he’ll miss less of those chances.

Compare composure with Ajeti and Klimala and you see the difference. Ajeti is more experienced and you can see that in his play.

Klimala just needs a bit more game time as most have said and then we shid have a belter on our hands

Tommy25 and Jeroen like this.