1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We were probably just trying to sheik things up a bit.

2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    People at the club

3. oh bhoy

Aye dribs and drabs is no use to anyone but every week at the 60 min mark rogic on without fail might get some kind of consistency out of him to justify his wage.I know it's ridiculous to have to suggest something like that for a pro footballer and I'd be all for getting someone better in but he is a game changer and players like that are a lot harder to find than someone who can run all day

4. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

We paid £5M for a Swiss international in the last few weeks. Their are quality signings out their to be found. This goes one of three ways.

1. We sell Rogic and replace him with another £4M man (or even add a couple million and get a £6M signing in)

2. We don't sell. Hope Rogic gains and maintains a level of fitness that gets him first team football (60 mins per game probably being the ceiling at that)

3. We don't sell him. He isn't able to gain the fitness required to get first team football. His value over the course of the season plummets. We are left spending good wages on a player not getting a game and missed out on £4M.

That's the black and white of it. I have a feeling option 3 is the most likely if this deal doesn't get over the line

5. MAP

That's funny.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Putting a not match-fit Tam on at 60 mins in all cases could seriously backfire though, if the game was tight and we were under the cosh a bit.

Aye, he's entitled to sit it out if the bidding club's don't suit him and I think a player of his calibre is always handy to have in the squad but I think the fact we haven't see too much of him in the early weeks shows that he's not in the immediate picture, for whatever reason.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s homesick so he wants to preferably go to China, a 10 hour flight away from Australia. Makes plenty sense that.

If he’s homesick he’d want to go to Australia. If he does want to leave and it’s either Qatar or China then it’ll be to earn a few quid, nothing wrong with that in itself but he’s better than that IMO. He could play in the Premiership.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Plausible, but forgive me for remaining sceptical.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    His ability counts for nothing if he's not gonna feature, clearly not a Lenny type of player, would be better for us to try and cash in rather than have yet another player collecting a wage but hardly seeing any first team action.

Love the big guy and all he's done for us, but to maintain a successful team you have to be ruthless, players cannot dine out on past glories, we have to look at the here and now.

10. Markybhoy

He's a better player than Ryan Christie. Doesn't work as hard as Christie, but with the ball at his feet he can do more with it.

The obvious issue is his fitness. Christie is always available. Rogic seems to often not be available and needs to be subbed after an hour when he is. I can see why a manager would get fed up with that and start making plans that don't include Rogic. Prof was saying he's not Lennon's kind of player and my first instinct was to agree. But Lennon was pretty loyal to Kris Commons when he was carrying a bit of timber and his work rate was questionable. So it may not be that.

All in all it's a frustrating situation. Rogic is a cracking player to watch and when he's fit and playing well he adds a dimension to the team that no other player in the squad does. I'd be sorry to see him go.

11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Absolute magician with the ball at his feet!

Wonderfull to watch, but far to injury prone.
    He gets a decent few games in a row, then pick up a knock that keeps him out a few weeks, comes back from that injury to a couple sub appearances looking sharp, then * off to the other sise of the world to play for Australia, picks up another injury... or if he doesnt get injured for them he plays outstanding, comes back to us & injured within a few games.

Big horrible injury cycle.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There he is.

steg, Jamesy Bhoy 7 and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  13. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Both look in good spirits, glad griff is back especially

14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Only 27 years old and still has 3 years left on his deal.

I would far rather keep him and see if he can get back to his best and if not sell him next season. Him and Edouard are match winners that can create a bit of magic out of nowhere.

I know he has his fitness and injury issues but £4 million for a player of his quality isn’t enough for me. Would far rather he stuck around for this season at least.

Problem is Lenny doesn’t seem to rate him much.

15. joemc

I think he rates well enough , I think he wants more energy in midfield ,runners ,pressing , he gives you that bit of something different ,and is a player who has to be watched carefully which usually means some1 else gets a little more time or space ,on his game worth more than double the fee quoted .

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'd rather keep him, at least until January, such an amazing player when fit.

17. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Rogic is our best option to sit behind 2 strikers. Glad he's back fit and if he stays i hope he has a good run in the squad. I say that about alot of players but that just highlights the importance of squad rotation.

Spring Time likes this.
  18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There is definitely still a place for him at Celtic. Although we have some very good midfielders Rogic possesses something that the rest dont - creativity. When teams are sitting in against us which they often do we need someone who can play a defence splitting ball or produce something out of nothing, Rogic has proved many times he can do this. I also dont like this idea that Rogic is 'not a lenny type of player', Rogic should be any managers type of player, when fit and on form he is easily one of our best players, a brilliant footballer.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Be awesome if we get both back firing on all cylinders, 2 great options to have available.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The man can be brilliant but usually only for 40 mins max, never known a player like him that can’t see out over 60 mins and 20 of those are him becoming quieter in the game. Could be a great sub to bring on in tight games this year but feel 4mil +big wages is too much to not cut for short appearances in Lawells eyes