1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Hopefully the deal does collapse and he can get himself fit again. In terms of ability, he is a better footballer than Christie, no doubt about it, and is more suited the playing in behind the striker. He is probably a luxury player, but one that can be afforded depending on who plays in the middle of the park. If Christie and McGregor were the middle two then there is enough legs and energy to not worry too much about the number 10 doing the defensive side of the game. If Lennon sticks with Brown though, and he will, then Christie will continue to play in the number 10 as we need legs to cover ground.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    My thoughts exactly.

Get in.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Lennon needs to start playing him.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Happy to see him stay, issue is trying to get him up to speed because he hasn’t played in that long. He’s not a player you can just throw in and he performs.

So for attacking mid we have Christie, Tam, Ntcham and Turnbull. Reckon Ntcham will definitely be away now.

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That is the problem. No point him staying if he doesn't get to play. Signs aren't good that he'll get any game time anytime soon.

Pretty frustrating.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. JamesM09

I would definitely be trying to keep Rogic and get him fit and contributing.

People are forgetting just how good a player he is and he's entering his prime now.

We play enough games in a season that he can get game time.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He wants closer to home he has done for ages. So if Qatar doesn't work out he will probably end up somewhere else

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  8. joemc

Totally agree , at 4 mill I would rather keep him , he has scored vital goals ,opened up tight defences with a cute pass or * , worth more to us here even if he gets injuries , could lose ntcham , poss mcgregor ,broony nearing his journey end, so its a keep for me .

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. oh bhoy

He is never gonna be a starter but he should be playing every game , conditioning him for a regular 30 min super-sub role would make much more sense ,it may take less of a toll on him in terms of injuries and you wouldn't be totally dependant on him either

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He wants to leave

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Rogic always takes a while to get going after injury, I'm not sure how effective a Tam we'd be getting by bringing him in dribs and drabs at the end of games.

It's a quandary because he's a superb player on his day but to get him to that level will take a while and it's crucial just now that we kick on in the League and Europe.

He's also on a handsome wage for us, he'll be in our top 10 earners for sure and I'm not sure a bit-part, super sub warrants that sort of wage. If Lennon thinks he can put the transfer fee and wage to a player who would be more effective for us then I could understand that thinking.

12. Lewis Kerr

If he was getting minutes I doubt this would be the case. I see no reason why Rogic wouldn't want to be here for the 10, especially since he's contributed a lot to it, and been at the club for what, 7 years now?

Someone of his quality shouldn't be * off to Qatar for a couple of million. He's only 27 ffs. Lennon has frozen him out.

13. MAP

He signed that new 5 year contract in May 2018; is that really ages? Or are you just guessing?

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He wants closer to home . Ideally China

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes been wanting to go for over a year. Since January 2019

16. MAP

So after 5 years in Scotland, he signs a 5 year contract, and 7 months after signing then realises he's homesick?

9000km between Beijing and Sydney; nice and close.

joemc likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He was homesick before he signed the new contract. Id imagine the wage increase with the new contract helped. Hes also conveniently been injured nearly every winter and spent time recovering in Australia

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Says who?

19. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

No doubting his ability, I think that is generally undoubted amongst us all.

That being said. If we are able to sell a player that is capable of giving 60 minutes when fully fit for £4M, then am all for it.

Cannot help but think anyone that is worth £4M should be able to see out 90 minutes week in week b out. The bigger picture here of course is we can make £4M off a player that may very well not even feature this year or beyond. Now is 100% the time to cash in

20. Lewis Kerr

£4M is nothing these days. It gets you a Klimara or Soro, the latter hasn't even kicked a minutes worth of league football since signing!