1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stevoEOS

Where does that leave Elhamed? He should always start for us when fit imo.

I still have a feeling Ajer will be away by the end of the window.

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I think we will play a back 4 in Europe, where El Hamed will be perfect but I also think Ajer will be gone. The back 3 I mentioned are too expensive not to be playing, that's the point I was implying

3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    ElHam will have a big role to play for us this season but for most SPL games, we need the more dynamic Frimpong.
    An perfect European player and also a great sub to have on bench, gives us a few options.

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    And then lenny will blast elhamed for mistakes again and match fitness cos he hasn’t played him in the prem

freitassen likes this.
  5. stevoEOS

He should start against the huns as well imo. He was immense when we beat them at the * pit last season.

Dan Breen, The_Bhoy and JC Anton like this.
  6. freitassen

I will be nothing short of baffled if Duffy isn't in the bench for at least the next two matches for "being unfit" while Lennon insists in the same 4231 formation

7. horseshoe

Don't you mean 4-6-0?

Gully Sands, freitassen and The_Bhoy like this.
  8. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    If indeed the first number is a 4, it should be followed by 4 and 2. I would be * off but not surprised if the others were 231.
    Lenny’s beginning to sound like Colonel Melchet in Blackadder Goes Forth with this * formation.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Few things wrong here,
    1. he gave the players a break after two league games, Boli * off to Spain due to this and we had postponed games due to it.
    2. This current break is NOT on the back of a good performance, it's on the back of two shocking games where finally we ran out winners in the 2nd game, no thanks to his selections.
    3. Gonna acknowledge that Klimala is actually match fit now?

freitassen and Gully Sands like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE timing of the international break is frustrating after such a strong performance from Celtic in the 3-0 win over Motherwell. Rather than having the chance to follow up on the victory, they have a two-week wait before they can get back to work.

Neil Lennon admitted the timing of the international break was unfortunate but the Celtic manager said the period could yield plenty of positives for Celtic when they return to action against Ross County in Dingwall on Saturday, September 12.

“We would like to play games,” he said. “We’ve missed two games out of the programme, which was disruptive. We had a bad result on the Wednesday night, but we had a good performance against Motherwell.

“It’s never ideal to have a break, especially off the back of a good performance. The ones who are staying behind will get a bit more work. Hopefully, the ones who are playing for their country will get game time and come back injury-free.

“We need to get up to our best form. We have a two-week break now and that can help some of the players get a bit sharper and fitter. Once everyone is back we’ll assemble them and prepare for Ross County. At that stage, they’ll hopefully be in the match groove like they were in the second half against Motherwell.”

One player who Neil Lennon is confident will return to Lennoxtown for training in better condition is Albian Ajeti. The Celtic striker is on international duty with Switzerland and is continuing to build his fitness after a long period without regular game time.

“He’s going to be very good,” said Neil Lennon. “He just needs to get fitter and conditioned. He’s had a long time out of playing regular football and then had a holiday before he came to us so in terms of his fitness levels, he’s down on that. The fans have seen cameos of what he’s going to bring to the team. He’s strong, technically good, intelligent and a very good finisher. For him to come on and score two goals already is a great start to his career.

“There’s more of that to come from him. He’s had two weeks now but he has to go away with Switzerland but we’ve made it clear that he needs more conditioning work. He’ll be assessed by them. Again, he comes on and scores a great goal and looks like a great player. He still has a bit of catching up in terms of fitness.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

You make it sound like Boli * off to Spain is Lennons fault

Mince.Charming likes this.
  12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There are some on here that would hold Neil Lennon responsible for the outbreak of corona nevermind Boli's little adventure to Spain. Really strange almost vindictive behaviour towards a great Celtic man, really disappointing to see from Celtic fans but sites like this give them the opportunity to vent off their nonsense.

13. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Agree that the personal abuse towards a legend like Lenny is uncalled for but the criticism for the CL exit is more than justified. Describing the Motherwell performance as good is pushing it a bit as well.

Peej, Fontaine, The_Bhoy and 3 others like this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Im 100% behind Neil Lennon but it doesnt mean I wont give criticism where its due, I agree the performance against Ferencvaros was unacceptable and Lenny has to take responsibility for that. You will find some on here refuse to give him any credit when things are going well but the minute we get a bad result its all Lennons fault. With friends like that who needs enemies.

15. SuperZidane

I totally agree with that. It is worth pointing out that there are "contributors" on here (2 in particular) who have the opposite approach. In their world, nothing is ever Lennon's fault and - if anyone dares to criticise him, they cleverly go straight to personal abuse.

Peej likes this.
  16. WhitleyCelt

Lets remind ourselves a year ago, Lennons Celtic struggling, * out of Europe and scraping past Dunfermline at home.....how did that turn out?

We will come good, the new blood will settle, Lennon will finally go 3-5-2 and we will have a fighting chance. The optamistic me is saying things can only get better.

HWG 10IAR

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s not his fault but giving the squad the time off when no other squad In The league did I have to point out ...... gave him the rope to hang himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej and The_Bhoy like this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

For a guy that "totally agrees" you haven't posted a single positive comment in this thread ever that I can see.

Not when he won 8 in a row...or the Treble Treble....or the Lazio victories....or the League Cup Final.

Infact your posts show that you don't actually post anything positive about Celtic on the forum at all...lol.... :58:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That may be the case, but he's bang on the money with his post in here.

The tadgers who come out with the "there's an anti-Lennon brigade" patter are the very people who criticise Sellick men through gritted teeth, or not at all because they're just the best Celtic fans in the world and won't have a bad word said about a Lennon, or Brown, or Forrest etc.

I've always found that weird, to be honest. We're Celtic fans. Not fans of individuals. Yes you can like them as much as you want - there's plenty of players I love and 'follow' even after they leave us. But if they deserve criticism because they're hurting the team then their prior accomplishments or history mean nothing in that moment.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He deserves criticism for the Ferencvaros debacle most certainly but while you claim that some never criticise him ever, there is also others who never praise him or do so through gritted teeth.

Neither is objective IMO.

In both spells with us as manager we have seen huge highs and depressing lows, as with pretty much any manager in our history that I can think of. Even Stein got papped out of the European Cup in the 1st round the year after we won it.

People that appear only to criticise him - like the guy I quoted above - aren't guys that you'd have a rational conversation about football with in the pub....if indeed he was a patron of the same pub.

It's not all sugar like some portray - there are definitely areas that he needs to improve upon, both personally and in the team; but it's not all * like others imply - he's still won every available trophy since returning.