1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

I would be looking for £15m minimum, even if it was a deal in instalments. It definitely feels like it’s time to move on we had the sulking two seasons ago and loss of form, the public desire to move statement last summer and then agent asking for valuation this year. Another thing is we cannot afford one of our big earners being a bit part player.

This season the Skysports rumours have been all over the place so I would not rule out them bidding. Lyon is probably unlikely unless they sell a couple of players for big money like Dembele, Depay and Aouer (particularly the later). Porto maybe still be interested.

2. wulliebad

The solution to the ntcham problem is this.......\0/.Until lenny decided to reduce his playing time it will not resolve itself.

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Although it would be a huge downgrade right now. And would be great in Lawells mind to hear this. I would actually like to see us replace ntcham from within with Mcinroy, robertson or Connell thrown in at the deep end. Need to adopt the Ajax model in that sense if we ever want to bring through the next few players, especially think robertson could be that guy after his new contract too

Mickmac likes this.
  4. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think it's unrealistic to expect £15m+ for our 4th choice midfielder.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We got 7 million for Armstrong, who was in the last year of his contract and a couple of years older when he left, 15 million isn't out the question.

Mr Shelby and HoopyT like this.
  6. Foley1888

Being honest in modern football particularly if an EPL team is involved anything is possible. It would be unlikely to be £15m upfront but with add ons or fee being paid over a period of time I could see us getting that.

The remaining 5 weeks of the window will be interesting as there are so many teams yet to play there hand in terms of signings which can create the trickle down impact. A good example would be Lyon likely to lose two or three of their stars for big money so £15m for Ntcham could be seen as a steal for them.

7. Big C

Sorry mate but not a chance are we getting anything more than £8 million. Armstrong was a first team regular and scoring goals. Ntcham minutes when we have not started with a striker and when we do start with a striker his * is on the bench, rightly or wrongly.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd put good money on us getting more than £8m.

We paid £5m.

9. Big C

Because we paid £4.5 million doesn’t mean we will necessarily get more than £8 million. I don’t get the logic in that theory.

10. TransferBhoy

People wanting rid of ntcham blows my mind.

If Ntcham goes then Eddy goes.

Wake up.

Markybhoy likes this.
  11. horseshoe

We could tie ntcham down for another 4 years and eddy could still leave this window if he gets a good enough offer from a big league/team, whatever he and his agents feel is best for his career, being mates with ntcham isn't going to keep him here.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The logic being that we will push for as much profit as possible. Its Lawwell you're talking about.

He might not have played every week but hes a former french U21, Man city and current Celtic player, with European and Serie A experience, attracting interest from clubs with millions to spend.

£8m isnt enough. Considering his potential. Whether you or a proportion of our fanbase doesnt rate him or not. Clearly other scouts of high profile clubs do.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We live in highly unrealistic times with regards to transfer fees.

You're also paying for potential with Ntcham. It's also open to opinion as to whether youd class him as 4th choice.

Personally hed be in my team every week.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Markybhoy likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's not a chance that Lawwell accepts £8m for Ntcham.

As frustratingly inconsistent as he can be, he has it all to become a top player if he puts his mind to it.

We paid £4.5m for 21 year old Ntcham that was a bit wet behind the ears and had plenty potential but didn't know how to use it. Since then he's featured in our trophy-winning side, competed in Europe, played 20 games for France U21s and had Cameroon asking him to switch allegiance for a full call-up.

Lawwell won't accept a fee that isn't in the 8-figures, I'm positive of that.

If he pieces it all together and gets his head into his new club then they will have some player on their hands. There's a reason why the likes of Porto, Southampton etc. are all keen.

luboagain and Mr Shelby like this.
  15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

In terms of ability he isn’t 4th choice lets be honest.

Mr Shelby and Crilly like this.
  16. Foley1888

I am sure that one will go down a great with Ntcham, you are unlikely to get a game every week but we are not selling you as if we do Eddy will leave.

I do get having mates here can sway decisions but whether Eddy stays or not will come down to a lot more than whether Ntcham remains.

Being honest if one of the EPL lot throw an offer in anywhere near the £40m (Even if instalments are involved) number there is no way I can see us turning it down.

I said before this season started I felt Eddy is probably the one player in the squad if we lost we would really struggle to replace with someone close to his ability and I am desperate to keep him
    but if one of his demands is keep his unhappy mate that seems mental.

17. Crilly

Best midfielder in terms of ability I think

MacEwan likes this.
  18. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I disagree and so do the current and last Celtic managers.

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Mate some folk on this forum thought we were gona get £15m+ for Rogic who was barely playing 15-20 games a season.

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    i think on the ball there isnt a lot at the club thats better than him.

luboagain and MacEwan like this.