1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ladbroke8

I've watched him a lot and he's good on ball, strong and aggressive. Improved a lot last year, strangely enough playing alongside Balogun brought him along

2. DonnyCelt

What gets me the most about Ajer is the whole "i get it" to the fans. Since he's been a regular in the team he's been up there at full time right at the front of celebrating with the fans, thumping the badge on his chest, getting involved in scuffles with hun players all to appease the support.

Imo he's one of the players like Broony who knows what 10IAR would mean to the club and us.

Is it all a front?

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Is he supposed to not celebrate if he doesn't plan on being here forever? :56:

Officer Doofy likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The long window coupled with the way we tend to drag our business out, isn’t beneficial for us at all..

johnboy19 and charlietully like this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He’s strong, can start attacks from deep with his running power, his passing is above average, he can read the play in the advanced areas well for a young boy, but not so well when the balls in our half. I’m busy just now or I would add more.

6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

His shooting is decent as well, he played as a striker a lot in Norway I’m sure. Could be worked on definetly but for me he has way more potential as a midfielder.

Markybhoy likes this.
  7. Big C

Ok mate you like him, so we will have to agree to differ. He has very little ability to be a midfield player in my view.

8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I don’t even like him that much to be honest, just saying what I see.

Do you think he’s a centre half?

9. seanm

get him to * along with others * who dont get what we are all about. as tommy burns said your playing fOr a people and a cause HH

johnboy19 likes this.
  10. Drontheim

You're all bashing him based on rumours

JC Anton likes this.
  11. dmccourt95

Don’t have any bad feeling towards the players that want to leave, Ajer and Ntcham been here for 3/4 years I highly doubt them or us expected them to be here any longer. Most players from abroad would expect to get to a higher level than playing on plastic pitches 6 times a year against hammer throwers. The fact we’ve failed to get anywhere near champions league groups for 3 seasons and the manager has clearly led to a drop in standards off the pitch won’t be helping.

Our problem is reinvesting the money we get for these players, half of it is usually wasted on duds.

12. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I dont mind if he wants to go its more I dont care if he does go, hes tidy on the ball and good at making runs forward but defensively hes been dodgy throughout his tenure here so I think he could be easily replaced with the money we get for him.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Seems Stuart armstrong is the only one of the wants ways that was dealt with correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Fact if the matter is say we won the other night and this story came to light people wouldn’t even bat an eye lid because he’s has been so poor for a season and a half now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Big C

I think he’s a better CB than he will ever be a midfield player and he’s not a very good CB.

16. Markybhoy

Nonsense. He is considerably more mobile than Neil Lennon ever was and Lennon had an excellent career as a midfielder.

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

You do realise he’s just not long turned 22?

18. Big C

Ok wait a minute. He’s played first team football under at least 3 managers one of whom Rodgers, whether we like it or not, knows a player and never once did he or any of them think “hey your a * CB, lets give you a go ehhhh how about midfield, fancy that for a wee change”....too many on here have obviously never played the game.

19. Big C

Also, don’t you think the game has changed since NL played? A wee bit maybe? Faster perhaps??????

20. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's how you end up with brilliant players like McStay stuck playing to dross like Peter Grant.

It's 2020 and the reality is we are a selling club. Ajer has been here from a teenager, done well here but still hasn't played a single proper Champions League proper game for us, and the opportunity has gone again for another year. The guy's from Akershus no the Calton, so you can't expect him to put his career on hold for the 10 the way you or I would. I hope he stays until next summer because I think, despite his faults, he is our best centre half but if the club get a decent fee for him and are confident they can replace him, I certainly wouldn't hold it against him