1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Ferencvaros Wednesday 26th August Premier sports 1 7:45 kick off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 22, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v Ferencvaros Wednesday 26th August Premier sports 1 7:45 kick off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Had a dream we got them in the Europa groups.

Maybe a nightmare.

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Add lennon into that too

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

3. celtic warrior

I don't know why.

But this has really * me off worse then any result recently.

I think it's down to Lennon and the fact he didn't start a striker when Klimala was imo clearly fit enough to start and see out 60 minutes.

He instead tries to shoehorn 4 central midfielders into the line up, again, after witnessing how it nearly cost us 3 points against a newly promoted team.

Just seems like every year now we * it, arguably very * deliberately on purpose, but for what? Qualification into a lesser European tournament we've got equal chance of not winning.

* this whole thing man

Rydo1888* and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  4. Foley1888

Ferencvaros have pilled pressure on their team and manager to qualify yet their bottle didn’t crash. If the players can’t handle the pressure they know where the door is. Celtic is a high pressure team to play for you are expected to win each week, it is probably why we are actually a decent loan option for winning clubs young players.

There are too many in the current team that disappear or under perform when we really need them. It’s a problem with mentality for me rather than talent in most cases.

In terms of fitness, Ferencvaros were blowing heavy from about 35mins last night they were chasing us all over the park until that point but looked done fitness wise. On the other hand for the next 40min period we dominated the game and looked by far the fitter team. Fitness can be an excuse normally For qualifiers but not this season.

In terms of transfers we should be better prepared. We effectively throw away £30m every year just now as it is not as if we are being drawn against teams we don’t have greater resources than.

The club just seems to excel at turning into a soap opera every season during some of our most crucial games.

For me if anyone doesn’t want to be here, get the money in for them and more importantly get adequate replacements brought in that are hungry for success. As this season the current team looks like it’s going through the emotions.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  5. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I wouldnt have much of an issue with McGregor but Forrest needs to get his head out of his hole. Brown is f**king finished - I don't care about this he needs to play more games to get motoring bullsh*t - we don't have that luxury. Taylor is absolutely the most mundane, uncreative, unambitious lb I have ever seen. Lennon is buckling under the pressure of this season and I would actually worry for his mental state of mind and that's sad to see because he comes across as a gent in interviews and is of course a dyed in the wool celtic man. He looked stranded last night and devoid of any ideas. If we win the ten I personally won't care about this at the end of the year but I'm not too optimistic about it - and the huns are absolutely putrid which makes it even worse

daniel 150381 and Jo-Jo-Buffon like this.
  6. Beldub

Fair point ... don’t want to be negative for sake of it, nor do I want to slag Celtic legends like Lennon and Brown and everything they have done for us, but Sevco did collapse rapidly, handing impetus to us .. just think there will be a battle this season and looking at evidence, worry if we are equipped .. Particularly as there are now obvious signs of real discontent in the dressing room, terrible interviews by Neil after match
    Terrible terrible result, loosing a one off match like this, against opponents like that at home (they won’t qualify ), most people here know the way Neil set up not playing striker, insulting recognised full back Frimpong,playing the tired midfield - invited disaster which duly arrived
    Having a keeper that doesn’t inspire confidence doesn’t help situation either
    A lot of blame for this entire situation lies with Peter Lawwell - a non football man with far too much influence, no-one should have job for life - move him on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  7. Beldub

8. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Very disappointing but these things happen

Players and management will always have my support and I intend to get behind them even more

delighted to be a Celtic fan and don’t intend to give others any more ammunition to gloat over

faithful through and through

Westlondonscot likes this.
  9. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Every player and management team member involved in last nights farce should be lined up and given a * good dressing down after last nights debacle .

joemc likes this.
  10. Smithy

As soon as I seen that line up last night I was worried. Starting with no striker was utterly baffling and makes me wonder if Klimala was actually signed/wanted by Lennon in the first place. The only realistic conclusion I can come to is no.

The fact Lennon has a very sizeable squad yet refuses to use players like Soro, Dembele, Klimala etc but plays Brown in every single * game is baffling too. You have a big squad, * utilise it. Or why bother signing all these players in the first place!?

It’s also ridiculous that people don’t care that Rogic is leaving, that game last night is the type of game where he can produce something to win us the game.

This could be a long hard season but I hope I’m wrong.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  11. northeast67

Was thinking that during the game, even an injured rigid would've sparked some sort of response

12. Smithy

Absolutely mate. Maybe in this current situation it’s not right that he plays as his head is probably elsewhere as he’s on the verge of leaving, however the fact that it’s got to this point in the first place is shocking.

13. Beldub

My Sevco minded friend or should I say life long acquaintance .... just sent me this...

“Celtic and Cluj/Legia will get a bye in the 'random' draw. I predict”

What’s the story here or is the kant winding me up further?

Edit : Apparently there will be a random draw for 2 Europa league byes to next round between Celtic, Ludogorets, Legia Warsaw, Sheriff Tiraspol, Cluj, Suduva, Sarajevo, KI, Celje and FC Tirana

Hard to get too excited about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  15. celtic warrior

The stuff about missing Rogic right now is huge.

I honestly believe there is so many little things that would have been different had he been on the pitch.

Lately, i feel we've been given plenty of room around the edge of the box and been getting loads of shots off from distance because teams are happy to see us do that whilst they defend the box to their credit, very well.

We all know what Rogic can do with his feet, but what I feel is being overlooked slightly here is how defences would easily and undoubtedly change how they sit in against us providing they all do they scouting properly and realise how lethal Rogic can be from distance if given half a chance.

He would open up a bit more space by just being there as no team would've allowed us as many shots as we've been taking from slight distance lately.

Overall I'm just * tired of all this bullshit. Year after year we * about, we always ignore problem areas, no disrespect to Turnbull but he is not a signing that required our focus on whilst Forrest is our only first team right midfielder/winger and Taylor and Boli need replacing for their own issues.

Our defenders our weak as * and get shown up by a comparative midget RB about how to be physicsl within seconds of being brought on.

I've never understood JK worth to our coaching team as under him our defenders have become prissy little princesses, yet under mjallby he had to coach utter donkey's and turtle paced humans to be, at the time, record breaking centre backs. * big Maj and Rogne, compared to Jullien and Ajer and somehow I feel like the latter are a downgrade. Sure I'm over egging it but you get the point.

I * love Lennon I do, the guy is * hero, but he shoulders all of the blame here, all of it, the players go out there and do as they are instructed by him, he then has the audacity to try and make seem like it's their own fault. No * that he needs a good boot in the baws.

16. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Having had a couple of days to calm down, for me the simple fact is that mob were pretty much at our level and it was a 50/50 game. The result wasn't a huge surprise or major shock for me, we just didn't take our chances and they picked us off twice.

Lennon could have played both strikers and we still coulda * it, as he said, we were much the better team and had enough chances to win 2 games. Think back to the Spartak playoff in 2007 when they missed a penalty in normal time - just an example of another 50/50 game before anyone jumps in.

Europa League is our level. Me personally, I enjoyed the games in the Europa last season or two, where every game is pretty even and has an edge.

Better than getting pumped 5-0 at home off a half a billion team surely?

17. jj81

If he played a striker then maybe one of the 30 cut backs into the area , quite a few in the 6 yard box would have been tucked away , lenny * it , there's no excuses mate.

18. Foley1888

That is a massive part of the problem if we believe they are our level as for me after the first 15mins we were clearly a far better team. There’s no guarantee especially when both strikers are an unknown quantity at Celtic, as others have mentioned there were more than enough situations/chances created to win it. With a bit more belief and a striker we could have easily won that game 3-1 or 4-2 but the bottle crashed and we didn’t.

Ely scores a perfectly good goal, Ntcham smashes it off the bar when he should score, Christie tries a back heel when a side foot probably scores. There was another host of chances where balls went across the face of goal or 6 yard box where a striker would likely have been sniffing around for a tap in.

At the end of the day we have made a mess of it again and now have our squad issues to deal with.