1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Same could have been said about Bauer, that man had put in some of thr best crosses I've seen from any celtic player in years in some of the cameos he'd get.

He was still * though and so is Taylor.

We didn't need a crosser of the ball last night as there was attacking player good enough to convert them.

As was shown in Frimpongs brief venture what was needed were players that beat a man and run through them.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I just don't see it with this lad. He's not a bad player, he's just not Celtic class.

I made a joke last night about playing a drinking game where I took a drink every time he made a forward pass and still being stone cold sober at full time. There's truth in the joke though, he constantly constantly constantly either squares the ball or passes back the way. He doesn't take players on and he is far too small to be a decent defensive LB.

I just don't see him making it here.

3. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    its a weird one for me, i like his attitude, and he never hides, but he clearly has limited ability.. and i don't see him developing enough to be our first choice left back for years too come. At the same time, he seems to be an easy target, it was apparent in Boli's first two games he was potentially one of the worst footballers we had signed this millennium but it seemed the majority wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt for longer.

CH4 likes this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He'd have had an assist if the linesman had made the correct call, to be fair.

Seán Mac D and Sean Daleer like this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He has a half decent cross on him no denying that. He doesn't get into positions enough to put crosses in though, due to his inability to beat a man. I was actually calling for him to take the corners last night what with crossing the ball being the strongest part of his game.

Being a good crosser of the ball is fairly meaningless though when you rarely get into positions to put a cross in.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His crossing is average. Puts in some good ones, but half the time (at least) he cannons it off the closest defender because he can’t create half a yard of space to put the ball in.

7. Foley1888

With Greg Taylor last night was just a continuation of what we had seen before, he isn’t good enough. He gets the ball can’t win a foot race or go past someone so has to pass square or backwards.

He is an average player that we paid over the odds for and only plays because the alternative we signed is a total disaster.

8. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not the long term answer, although I thought he was decent last night.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  9. stew37

Thought him, Ajer, Ntcham and Christie were the best of a really bad bunch last night.

Edit - Moi had some decent spells as well. Overall it was the formation and starting lineup that * it for me, very defeatist.

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'm actually not even sure what he's supposed to be good at.

He's absolutely dreadful.

romeo9535 likes this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    For many he's become the whipping boy, i thought the guy did well, for me right now he's the least of our worries.

12. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I've already said he's an honest pro but not Celtic class but no way should he be criticised for last night. He never hid and constantly give his teammates an option( something Forrest didn't do), the fact is the boy doesn't have the speed to get in behind so has to come back most of the time, he's also losing headers as he's small.

jimbobers likes this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think his crossing is pretty inconsistent, but he can work on that. Needs to take a second to look up sometimes.

14. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    He’s a Kilmarnock player.

Sell for 25 and replace for 3 million, expect the quality to be 10 times worse, it’s logical. Not his fault Celtic gave him a big contract.

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hard worker but so limited and easy to anticipate

mickcfc91 likes this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

This. The lad applies himself and always gives 100%, still our best option at left back not sure what people are expecting.

LloydsGamble and The Prof like this.
  17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    This

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Couldn’t go past a one legged drunk tbh.

19. LloydsGamble

Thought he played well tbh. His first touch is excellent, always looks comfortable on the ball. Defensively he was sound and always a good outball.

Yes he can't beat a man but his passing into feet is sharp and accurate and he played some decent whipped in balls, some good variety on his crossing too, he picked out players around the edge of the box several times with low driven crosses.

He's not a world beater but he's a solid LB for me.

I do agree that a pacier LB would suit us better but Taylor won't let us down while he's first choice.

20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He seems a decent dedicated lad and I wish he was quick but he isn't, he is incapable of getting behind his man. We are completely dependent on our wide players beating their man. Some people wax lyrical about his crossing, ye he got two assists v Hamilton but I reckon around 20 of his crosses haven't beat the first man between last night and Dundee utd . I don't think I've ever seen a player blocked so much crossing the ball. We badly badly need a top lwb/lb in and that prob went out the window last night

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk