1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Messi

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Lilac Wine, Aug 6, 2020.

Discuss Messi in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I take the “* it, I’m watching what I want to watch” stance. Far more calming and enjoyable.

Also, MOTD has far more viewers than Sportscene, hence the wage disparity I’d imagine.

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Hope he goes back to Argentina,that would be cool. Hate him to go to the EPL,cannot stand that money drowned League.
    If I had to choose a team in Europe,us of course:84:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:43:

I didn't say you can't watch it, do what the * you want.

Just that the more people that continue to watch the EPL on Sky or on MoTD will perpetuate Celtic's economic challenges further.

20 years ago you'd hear Brighton & Hove Albion being read out on the radio playing against Dagenham & Redbridge in front of 500 people and a dog. Now they are paying players wages that we can't match, all because of Sky cash.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’m no even going to Google it but I guarantee the same thing goes on across Europe.

Ironically, we only hear about the BBC and Lineker stories because we’re on this Island - the exact reason I want Messi to play here week in and week out.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Each to their own.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

And there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it, despite my potential actions making me feel like I’m making a little difference.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Forgot to add, but please * not for Man United.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Collectivism can have an impact on the status quo, even when it might seem like a hopeless exercise.

[​IMG]

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  10. Al Bootyerbaws

Correct. A firestick and iptv is all you need.

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

Hope he doesn't go to England I couldn't be arsed with the amount of self back patting * from 'the best league in the world' it's bad enough just now.

I'd like to see him at Juve would be interesting

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. Keano88

Same mate.

Not sure they could afford it but would be unreal seeing Messi and Ronaldo play together.

[​IMG]

Rydo1888* and James like this.
  13. Maestro 08

Never gonna happen but if he leaves I would love his choice of club to be based on him wanting a challenge rather than who is goin to pay him the most. He's made all the money he and several generations of his family will ever need. A great Argentine once left Barca to join a passionately supported but underdog club and elevated them and himself to greatness. I would love Messi to go try something similar. Plus I'm sure Lenny will give him all the privileges he wants here :fear::ynwacelti:shamrock:

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The finances in England are hardly comparable to every other league in Europe.

9 of the the top 20 wage bills in European football are in English football. We live in a world where Crystal Palace are paying more money than the likes of Europa League perennial winners Sevilla.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What channel is French football on the wireless?

Who said the finances in England are comparable to every other league in Europe?

The point is whether it’s Chinese investment in Inter Milan, American in Man United, Qatari in PSG or UAE in Man City - they are all artificially financially doped to compete at the elite level. Not wanting Messi to play for a City or United because of who owns them is a nonsensical argument.

16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Come on Peter break the Board Camel’s back,Ring the Club House,tell him the rough is not going anywhere and get Messi signed!:ynwacelti

17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I could not take the hype alone if he played in the EPL would make me puke. Especially Plastic City. Equally if he went to that other Mega Plastic Club where that * Brazilian plays.
    Can only wish he plays for us,do hope he goes back to his homeland. But if he does stay in Europe,I could just about take him playing in Germany or Holland but .uck the rest especially the EPL.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Why?

Personally, I don't really like Man City, but I don't hate them the way some do. However, surely it's fair enough if people wouldn't like to see Messi, or any player for that matter, play for what is essentially a state backed club like City or PSG?

Yes all they clubs you mentioned are financially doped, but Inter Milan (a massively historical club) being owned by Suning, a Chinese holding company, is easier to swallow than Man City being owned by the president of the UAE's brother.

Like I said, that's what football is nowadays and I've accepted it, but it's completely understandable when you see the reaction of plenty of Newcastle fans when it looked like they were going to be taken over by a Saudi group. The less people like that in football, the better.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Rydo1888* likes this.
  19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bring him to Celtic for just 10IAR season.

20. Hadouken

The journo who First revealed messi wanted out/ broke the Neymar to PSG story says that messi wants to play for city