1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

fs , here we go again , broony was one of the best players today, he looked fitter than some of our younger players and lasted the game well enough .
    I think lenny will know wen he has lost a yard , they are all monitored every year for weight speed stamina the lot , idk why we see this * wen its been a struggle , I think last year after Xmas broony scored 3 or 4 goals in successive games , vital in our run in and going ahead of the huns , give the guy a break fs , he has been 1 of our best captains ever , let him get up to speed along wae the others , we have had to start the season again .

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Neither of those statements are remotely true.

3. joemc

M8 , he was chasing back in the final minutes to intercept a pass , were others didn't have it in them in the last 10 mins , didnt put a foot wrong today .

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He was poor and offered zero in possession. He’s towing a caravan and regularly out of position because of that.

The guy is a legend but Lennon has to be ruthless.

5. Lewis Kerr

For the good of the team he needs to accept his place on the bench for the majority of games this season.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He will play his part this season but we need to utilise him properly.

7. joemc

I think you will find not many of the midfield offered much in possession , we were pressed all over the pitch , he did his job ,break up any possible attacks and be the link from the back to move forward and keep possession .

stew37 likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

From about the 20th minute on, there weren’t many attacks needing broken up. We probably had 75% possession, and when that's the case we can’t really be carrying someone who offers zero going forward.

There’s no need for him to play in games like that.

10. stew37

He wasn't any worse than anyone else. It wasn't a great performance by anyone against a tough Utd team, so I can't single him out. I'm just happy we got the win and can look ahead.

TheHappyLoss and joemc like this.
  11. joemc

Exactly , but as soon as we have a difficult game he is the first one being pointed at cauz of his age , lenny and others have said he is one of the fittest players at the club .

StPauli1916 and stew37 like this.
  12. joemc

There wernt many attacks because he did his job m8 .

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. stew37

I think Ntcham should be getting more of a chance if we're going to keep him, but Brown wasn't the problem today for me, sometimes things don't click. The important thing is we came through it. If Brown was losing the ball frequently or caught out of position all the time then I'd criticise him, but he wasnt.

joemc likes this.
  14. joemc

Yeh i agree .

stew37 likes this.
  15. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    He looks knackered already and the season's barely underway, that point in the 2nd half where the united player took the ball passed him and he attempted the most half arsed attempt at a kick you'll see summed up his performance today.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd like to see him get more of a chance and be played more than he is.

FranceCelt and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

my biggest concern is that early this season a few players have pretty easily went past him. Happened 2 or 3 times today

Mr Shelby likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No there weren’t many attacks because we had all of the ball and Dundee Utd aren’t a good team.

I’d be interested to see his duel success rate today, because it’s been awful the first two league games.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He was poor, to even comment on him being one of our best is laughable, the whole midfield was *.

Broony should be used a bit more sparingly, but will be pivotal in our season.

Him.and McGregor are offering nowt offensively when we dictate most games. Use 1 or other in a lot of games and both in the games you know might be real tough.

20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’s crazy how much we still rely on him when we don’t need to.

He still has a part to play in some games but no way should he be playing every week especially against defensive sides.

McGinn really would have been the ideal replacement. It’s crazy that we didn’t just pay the £2.75 million on him when we knew exactly what we were getting and had seen him up close so many times. Especially when you look at the millions we have wasted over the years.

You could tell McGinn was a player, played fantastic against us on a number of occasions yet we were happy to spend £3.5 million on Kouassi for example. Kouassi was an unknown quantity and I’m sure would have been on a lot more money in Russia than McGinn was at Hibs.