1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You need to be able to press all over the park Rogic doesn't give you that, not sure a team like Brighton have enough possession to afford a luxury player like Rogic.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Definitely. For all that we love Tam, him out with Duffy and Turnbull coming in can only be positive is a number of ways.

Rydo1888*, Dan Breen and Mr Shelby like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

One of the few current Celtic players to be at the club longer than Tom Rogic has paid tribute to the Socceroos star before his rumoured exit.
    “I’ve hit it off really well off the park with Tom and on the park we’ve played really well together,” said Celtic's star forward James Forrest.

“He’s got loads of great memories with Celtic and won lots of stuff. He’s been a great player over the years. I don’t know what’s going to happen, whether he’s going to stay or go, but either way he’s been massive for the club over the years.”

Rogic is rumoured to either be heading to Qatar, as has been the general reportage recently, or perhaps even to link up with fellow Socceroos stars at EPL club Brighton.

Whichever turns out, Rogic's 14 trophies with Celtic and numerous incredible moments - especially in Old Firm derbies, where he's become immortal - put him up among the likes of Henrik Larsson and all-time Hoops greats.

“He has a place in Celtic’s history, the last couple of years especially," Forrest continued.

“Obviously he worked hard over the first few years to get to that place. Everyone here hopes he stays but if he doesn’t it’s definitely been a positive few years in his career.”

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    A real shame to see his celtic career come to this, if rumours are true.
    Such a silky player on his day and who knows the heights he could have hit if he didnt have the fitness issues he has had.

Unfortunately i feel like the team has moved on from him and he is on a decent wage which is getting harder the justify the less he plays.

Would love to see him go somewhere and stay fit and hold down a place. He could probably play in most leagues but i think he would be better suited to a less physical one.

6. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    To be fair Mooy was sort of given the freedom @ Brighton to roam about without a care in the world 2 seasons ago and he seemed to be there best player from memory even though he wasn't the quickest. Can Rogic play week in week out in the epl? most certainly not, he would offer Brighton about 30 minutes at most off the bench for about 14 games a season. Lennon said a couple of hours ago that he wanted to keep him, seems like a lie to me considering he's shunned him for a good 2 seasons now. Now onto the replacements, Adam Armstrong, David Turnbull or Masaya Okugawa?

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Love the guy, what a * talent and will be sorely missed if he does leave.
    Won't begrudge a move, as I think both sides know the score here regards the demands of being available for every match. Good luck and all the best if he does move (though I do wish he stays and can get some consistency in game time).

However, the * quote is that @Notorious that has put him in the same bracket is Larsson? Only one set of players is allowed to be likened to the kind, and that is the Lions!

8. Wizard of Oz

I feel we're going to really miss him. During that draw with Killie, having someone like him would have really helped as he always had a little bit of magic in him. Going to need to change my name on here as well. :54:

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Lennon confirming noone has actually bid. But the tone of his voice and what he said didnt convince me of anything other than he will be going soon.

I think lennon obv likes him but its maybe more of a first team opportunity sort of thing.

10. joemc

Its not just the moments he has given us , the game and silver winning goals ,its the breaking tight defences with a great ball through ,perfect weight of pass and telepathic wavelength with forest especially ,that, and he has a smile that lights up the trophies surrounding him , hate to see him go , its notable how the huns have got a bit closer to us the less rogic has been involved with the team .

dbhoy72 and Taz like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tom Rogic has been subject of an enquiry from Qatar and Lennon said: “At the minute, a club has expressed an interest and no further enquiries have been made since.

“Hopefully we get something resolved one way or the other. I like Tom. He’s a fantastic player and I’d like to have him around, but we will see how that pans out.

“These things happen if it’s best for both parties

“I’m not aware of any other interest in many other players. We’ve had an enquiry for Tom and that’s been it really and no other calls regarding any other players up until now.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aussie assistant manager claiming he is surprised a Champions League or Europa League side hasn't came in for him.

Really cant go these * in the Aussie management setup, and to be honest they are not doing Tam any * favours by calling him up for meaningless friendlies and draggin his * around the world every other month for them.

Both assistant manager and manager are very very disrespectful to our club and/or league when it comes to Rogic.

FYI you Aussie twats, CELTIC ARE A * CHAMPIONS LEAGUE/EUROPA LEAGUE CLUB!
    It isn't the level of club that is the issue, it's Rogics fitness, which is continually * because they keep dragging his * across the world, when it is known he has issues overall getting up to match speed and can be easily injured in the process. They do the lad no * favours at all.

oh bhoy and scuzzy like this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't think big Tam fit's in to a Lenny team tbh.

Hammy89 likes this.
  14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Technical ability will always rise to the top more times than not, if we want to have a team of robots who can run all day, for me that won't stretch us away from the Zombies.

Not sure of Turnbull, can't say any Well players have made me think oh aye. If he can open up a team the fine, but if he's a guy who gets in the box and likes a pop at goal, what's the point of Christie then?

Tbh would prefer us spending the money on Paddy Roberts, has a decent turn of pace and offers something different to us.

I hope we don't lose Tam, but just think Lennon is not for flair.

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

so true he seemed to always pull us out of the fire good habit to have

but he doesnt seem to be anywhere near getting a game, has he been fit in neil lennons time in charge but just not selected ?

16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Paddy is * now

17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    And so would Griff, imagine a double substitution of Tam and Griff, both hungry and firing on all cylinders, surely we would have got the 3 points. Or am I living in the past, have ships sailed??

18. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Type of player we could have used at the weekend there. Needs replaced with creativity if he goes.

19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Play him in 1st half against Ferencvaros.

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I fully understand that we will never get Tam putting in a shift for 90min every 3 or 4 days, never going to have an engine like Christie or CMcG.
    But what he does have, is a knack of unlocking tight defenses, and with the 5 subs now, surely we should be able to fit him in for 30/35 min each tight game.
    Players with his gift are hard to come across.

Metrobhoy and Taz like this.