1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RiquelmeCSC

I remember the other night a cross came in towards him and
    Then the ball bounced right off his shin and when flying in the other direction. That kinda summed it up for me. At that point I thought, Griff would have killed that ball stone dead.
    He’s not what we need.

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not going to make any predictions on how good or bad he will do for us but it is just pure neglect if he doesn't get some sort of chance with us. We have to show at least a wee bit of faith in the guys we are signing. Either that or someone needs to be kicked in the Davinas for bringing in the likes of Shved and Bayo only for them hardly ever to be seen.

scuzzy likes this.
  3. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

We haven't seen enough of him, but when you heard "Polish Vardy" you just knew straight away he probably isn't best suited to 50% of our domestic games at least.

Has shown some potential though, could be a good player in a different side. Never replacing Edouard.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Sometimes we will need to play on the counter, or sit in and counter..

He's a different option.

5. Foley1888

I have said it before Klimala is a very odd signing by us, we were going for Sporar a more experienced option who was on fire, got bumped and switched quickly to Klimala.

As others have mentioned his record prior to us was underwhelming all be it he seemed to have some admirers within the national Polish set up. However his style is not what we needed.

I have been impressed by his attitude And work rate and not writing him off long term but for the fee paid I would have been looking for someone a lot closer to being ready to play. £3.5m is a big fee for us and could have been spent a whole lot better.

The_Bhoy and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  6. stew37

Hasnt had nearly enough of a chance to make a solid judgement, he's had maybe 4/5 appearances. He's done fine for me so far, with limited opportunity. Thought his finish against Hamilton was very well taken.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Few minutes he got last season you could see his weakness in strength and needing to adapt to the game here.
    He himself has acknowledged that, which is great to see. He has went away and bulked up and came back this season with a great attitude, even learning the language etc.

His application and desire seems to be there and he clearly is able to play football. His style though needs to adapt a bit more to what we play to ensure he gets the run outs he wants. He looks to me like someone who may suit playing off another striker, not sure if that would be Edouard, Griffith or even Ajeti, but I am sure with the attitude he has shown already, then it is just a matter of time for him to find his own place in the side and be able to play with the squad.

Jacob knows and Dublin Celt like this.
  8. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    @stew37 Agreed, it's way too early to call him out, give him 6 months to a year then see where he stands, for all the short appearances he's had so far I think he's done fine

9. celtic warrior

He's running would be killer against the huns and teams that come out to try and attack against us.

10. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Remember how many people thought Eddie wasn't up to it until the goal at Ibrox and there was also many on here that thought £9M was a risk and that was after him being here for a full season.

Far too early to write off Klimala.

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Far too early to judge. Looks like a greedy striker which isn't always a bad thing.

12. CFC.1

Always looks a bit too eager to impress but think there’s a player there.

Must be a bit of a * coming on at 3/4+ goals up when the team starts to take the foot of the gas a bit

13. stew37

Henrik didn't exactly start off the greatest with us, bet there would have been people on here saying 'he's no what we need' lol.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

too early to judge but his confidence has got to have taken a hit as he was looking good hungry and determined) preseason

then we go and * 5m on ajeti

an out and out striker who plays on the shoulder of defenders is a good option to have and it seems to me hes a good finisher, i like him and think he has something

15. Paradise88

He's obviously developing and we need to be mindful off that. He's on what, a 4 year contract? If we keep Edouard and ajeti/Griff is around I see no problem in developing Klimala.

We dont know what he's capable off, so he will come under scrutiny if he doesn't put in prolific performances from the get go. No one was complaining eddy took 70 minutes to score against part timers.

16. TheHappyLoss

Reg?

littlekennie likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Nah peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes never going to be a technical genius.

But in a front 2 he could do some damage for us. At this stage I find it hard to imagine him ever being our main man up top but I live to be proven wrong.

19. CountyDownFaithful

Stop writing players off after a handful of games. As some have rightly pointed out, how did Larsson and Petrov look at first? Also, more recently Dembele and Edouard took a while to get into their stride.

He’s scored in pre season against Hibs & Lyon and then scored a great goal against Hamilton on the first day of the season. He has worked his socks off during pre season to get his body in the best shape possible to be successful in this league.

What else do you want from him at this stage of his career / journey with us?

PiotreQ, HoopyT and The_Bhoy like this.
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This... the lads played a handful of games and the experts on here are writing him off.. seriously do people just write stuff so people will think they are Ron football manager or is it just so they can interact people on the internet..?