1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RiquelmeCSC

Think the way they treated this boy was quite unreal. Hope he does well over there.

Fully87 likes this.
  2. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I hope he absolutely smashes it while he's on loan and comes back and takes forrest postion off him, just my personal opinion tho

Fully87 and Crilly like this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Hope he tears it up.

Fully87 likes this.
  4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    What was his issue with us as was highly rated but nothing ever happened?

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

a few million pound player and managers at celtic think that the money should be wasted rather than have that 3m on the bench when we play some amount of * in the scottish league

had that have happened theres plenty of times the boy could have been given minutes on the field to settle into the club celtic get a rapport with the fans and enjoy the city

honestly i think we stink at handling a lot of the so called promising transfers, very very poor its as if theres an attitude from the club or manager that if the money is spent then thats all thats needed, its all on the player to make it work the club dont have to try anymore

Fully87 likes this.
  6. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is *. Had a flukey season in Ukraine where he massively outperformed his xG, i.e everything he hit went in.

7. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Expected goals is full of * and an abysmal/insulting way to judge a football player, and he out performed his XG that season by a mammoth 4 goals.

celticfan01 and Callum McGregor like this.
  8. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    that why every data analyst and recruitment dept in football use it?

He scored 11 non penalty goals for Karpaty on an xG of 1.9. That's a lot more than a discrepancy of 4. Lost out in about 2/3s of all duels, both defensive and attacking; only managed an average of less than one cross a game. The guy is pish, hence why both Rodgers and Lennon haven't used him

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Oí! Leave koki out of this!

Glad he's went out on loan, Belgium will be a decent league for him, not the greatest of teams but he will need to perform well against some larger sides on a level with us, which is good for him I think.

Homesickness seemed an issue in previous deals with Sevilla and rumoured to be a potential issue here as well, will be interesting to see if it plays a part or not in Belgium.
    The fact he's not pushed for a sale at this stage and went to a country that is again quite different from Ukraine, interesting signs.

Best of luck to the lad.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Know plenty of analysts and recruitment staff do you aye? They don't all use it because its a flawed model, in some cases it can be helpful but the model its self is based off thousands of shots in areas that lead to goals, it doesn't however take into account the following -

- The Player taking the shot
    - The players in the way of the shooter
    - The Foot (or body part) the player is shooting with
    - The game situation
    - How the ball has fallen to that player

All of which play a massive part when it comes to chances in football, if the ball was to fall to someone on the penalty spot XG would have that down as a 0.75/0.8 chance of a goal, however what happens if the ball has fallen to Jullien, on his left foot, and theres 7 defensive bodies in front of him and the ball has skidded across on a wet surface up to his knee and its in the 91st min of a cup final vs Rangers? Doesn't sound like a 0.8 chance anymore does it? XG doesn't take any of that into account hence why the vast majority of clubs see it as a minor tool not a major one. Recruitment staff may use XG to narrow down masses of players or even look where to start their search but the vast majority of clubs still use their eyes on a player rather than XG and various other statistics because at the end of the day stats such as XG can be used and manipulated to however the person using them wants, your eyes however can't be.

Another example for you, the ball is 20 yards out to the left hand side of the penalty box and the player is about to shoot, XG has that at 0.20, however the ball is at Ronaldos feet on his right foot and theres no one directly in front of him, id give Ronaldo a better than 20% chance of scoring from there wouldn't you?

A fantastic example of data manipulation is what you've just posted, yes its true Shved averaged 1 cross per game, however a left footed player playing on the right hand side of a 4231/433 isn't expected to cross the ball he's expected to score and come inside and normally allow the full back to provide the width and cross. Scott Sinclair in the 2016/17 season averaged 1.21 crosses per game, did that make him a poor player? Did Rodgers say nah thanks for your 21 goals Scott but you don't cross the ball even though it's not your job to cross the ball its your job to cut inside. When he won player of the year did people say "Scott why don't you cross it more?". So thank you for proving my data manipulation point, it can be interpreted any way people want but at the end of the day, his job wasn't to cross the ball.

Also what you've said you there is wrong about Shved's stats. 2017/18 season his XG was 5.37, he scored 6 goals...
    2018/19 his XG was 9.22, he scored 14 goals but as you say 3 where penalties which i actually overlooked so he scored 11 outfield goals.

Also just while we are talking about stats and Shved in the 2018/19 season he had the following,

6th most Key passes in the league
    Per 90 min averaged the 4th most goals
    8th most touches in the penalty box
    Oh and just for you, he finished 5th when it came to expected goals & assists.

Hows that for entertainment?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Let's never speak of all this again

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  13. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    It's a loan with option to buy, so if he's any good he'll never play for us again. Shame, feels like he never got a chance, but under two different managers so maybe he just isn't up to standard.

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm really disappointed. Always thought he hasn't been given a fair crack.

Hope he does well there and then turns the move down to fight for his place here.

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He was sent back on loan straight away wasn't he? But yeah there must have been reasons he wasn't playing. I wish him well but I'm not disappointed.

I do however think it's great that we are finally trying to loan out players to get sales rather than them sit doing nothing. We shifted Kouassi and could sell Hendry, Shved and Bayo. Boli is also likely to go this route. Under Congerton I felt people came in and sat out 4 year contracts.

16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Quite surprised he went to Belgium. I was sure he would be back of to Ukraine because of his homesick episodes previously when he was in Spain.

Would have liked to have seen him else where in Scotland getting regular games but clearly wasn’t fancied.

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    enjoyed reading that. Good post :50:

Crilly and Account Deactivated like this.
  18. DonnyCelt

Wasn't given a fair chance but also Lenny sees him in training and he obviously hasn't been impressing.

Seems he gets homesick an awful lot as the same thing happend when Seville bought him in 2015

19. TheHappyLoss

One of our strangest signings in a long time.

RI Bhoy likes this.
  20. Smithy

Didn’t Lennon say at a presser in Dubai that Shved had been impressing in training? I remember the Celtic social media team put a video up of Shved scoring in training at the same time.

Weird situation all round.