1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s also coming in as backup.

You need a mix of youth and experience.

2. DonnyCelt

Have heard that Fletcher will replace Bayo and Lenny wants ANOTHER striker to replace Griffiths.

Could Griffiths be on his way out?

HTG likes this.
  3. Maestro 08

Would be happy to see him sign. He will do really well here, I think he'll surprise a lot of people. This is as long as we keep Edouard mind you.

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This is what I think will happen, hopefully it's all push.

5. themouth1888

I swear if Fletcher is the only signing and we * up the league this year I'll never set foot in Celtic Park again.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

I think that we will sign someone like Ajeti as a mid-term replacement for Édouard, and sell Griffiths during this window, with that player taking Griffiths' place in the squad for the coming season.

We can then either sign someone when Édouard leaves, or promote a player that is already on our books.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont think Griff will be going anywhere

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well there’s plenty folk who will take yer season book.

StPauli1916 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Same. I would rather see him get back to the form in the latter part of last season tbh. Great asset if he can recapture that.

Imo Fletcher will be the only striker we bring in this window. That’s fine with me, provided Edourd stays.

littlekennie likes this.
  10. DonnyCelt

Can you imagine. Not signing him cost us the league in 2009. Signing him in 2020 could end up costing us the league and 10IAR.

Of course he could be a revelation.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Only thing that matters is edouard stays for ten that’s the biggest thing we need striker wise would I like a top target to come bleed in before edouard inevitably goes next season of course but certain people in the market making it hard for our top target to move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. themouth1888

If we lose 10iar and board have penny pinched then trust me there won't be. Be back to Lenny basically begging fans to come back.

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Calm down * sake.

:56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. themouth1888

I think he will be useful but my main gripe is he cannot be seen as the answer to the striker issue with nobody further coming in

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have opened talks with former Scotland striker Steven Fletcher over a one-year deal.

The Parkhead side have suffered frustration in their attempts to land Peterborough’s Ivan Toney and West Ham’s Albian Ajeti.

And while talk of an agreement is premature, Sportsmail understands Fletcher is prepared to turn his back on a two-year, £18,000 a week offer from Championship Stoke to join Celtic instead.

A free agent after leaving Sheffield Wednesday, the 33-year-old wants the champions to up their offer and match the two years up for grabs in England.

After moving back to Scotland recently, however, the ex-Hibs and Burnley attacker is giving serious consideration to a 12-month take-it-or-leave deal on less cash to finally land a move to Parkhead after a big-money move fell through in 2009.

Fringe striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo is set to leave on a season-long loan, with French club Toulouse favourites to secure his services.

Celtic have also looked at a possible loan move for Manchester City academy graduate Lukas Nmecha.Celtic have opened talks with former Scotland striker Steven Fletcher over a one-year deal.

The Parkhead side have suffered frustration in their attempts to land Peterborough’s Ivan Toney and West Ham’s Albian Ajeti.

And while talk of an agreement is premature, Sportsmail understands Fletcher is prepared to turn his back on a two-year, £18,000 a week offer from Championship Stoke to join Celtic instead.

A free agent after leaving Sheffield Wednesday, the 33-year-old wants the champions to up their offer and match the two years up for grabs in England.

After moving back to Scotland recently, however, the ex-Hibs and Burnley attacker is giving serious consideration to a 12-month take-it-or-leave deal on less cash to finally land a move to Parkhead after a big-money move fell through in 2009.

Fringe striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo is set to leave on a season-long loan, with French club Toulouse favourites to secure his services.

Celtic have also looked at a possible loan move for Manchester City academy graduate Lukas Nmecha.

16. themouth1888

So am I remembering it all wrong? Did that not happen? The Ronny days when nobody could be arsed going to a game unless it was Aberdeen at home? That all happened and will happen again.

17. celtic20

If the huns signed Fletcher are we all going "Brilliant signing, he'll bring tons of experience"?

Nah. We'd be * ourselves laughing at them buying a free agent who's past his sell-by date.

Really wanted a better prospect than this.

Tommy25 and themouth1888 like this.
  18. DonnyCelt

Can only assume potential deals for Toney and Ajeti are dead then.

19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Utter pish can see this being deal done tomorrow dugs Baws

20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Going by that McGowan article.. it is a alternative to Ajeti/Toney.

DonnyCelt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.