1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can't wait to welcome the transfer that's totally unreported out of the blue..

Geez it PL.

Hammy89, The_Bhoy and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Announce McKenna :fear:

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Announce Morelos.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Moreorless or Morales, u idiot.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

That Patrick Twumasi just popped into my head. He was an absolute nightmare to play against when we played Astana.

Just looked him up and he hasn’t had a great time at Alaves by the looks of things. Was on loan to a Turkish club last season.

Think he would be well worth a punt.Could play on either wing and also think he has played up front before. Still only 26.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We can do better than signing someone who done well against us.

McChiellini.. and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He did well against other teams in Europe as well for Astana, not just us.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We can still do better. Probably have better.

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I think for the kind of money you would be talking you would be struggling. Of course there will be better options but for a lot more money.

He has got a good record in Europe in both the Europa league and Champions league . So it wasn’t just our shoddy defending that made him look good. I think he would be well worth a punt.

I don’t just target players on the fact that they played good against us. Lyndon Dykes has done decent against us in the past but I wouldn’t have him anywhere near us.

Twumasi clearly has something about him. He might not have played in the best league but I think he made the step up in Europe. I think he is one of those players that hasn’t settled in Spain for whatever reason but I think would thrive again at the right club.

62B35E51-9C2D-4118-8232-1C0DA3B262FD.jpeg

D4DA6A7D-B304-4FA0-80CA-468184466069.jpeg

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    We definitely need a left wing option, felt like when Forrest went across there we lost some attacking options down that side.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Exactly.

Announce Morelos.

MacEwan and The Prof like this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Benkovic.

I'd go back in for him now, tbh. I rated him when he was here, had his injury issues but still managed 27 appearances and has been consistent by all accounts with Bristol City from what I have read.

Clearly not going to break into the Leicester side.

We need a CB, he's been here before knows the score, young enough to improve, fits our profile.

13. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree. Excellent young player

Tommy25 and Mr Shelby like this.
  14. Priest

He only started about half a dozen games at Bristol City, the majority of their games he was either coming off the bench or an unused sub.

I'd still take him though.

15. Foley1888

I’m unsure about this one, when he first came in he looked brilliant, very good on the ball and in the air both in our box and a threat at set plays. But whether it was through being injured or just an off day he was poor in the game against them before coming off and never really done much after that with us or on any of his other loans.

If we were going for him a loan with an option wouldn’t be a bad move, given his injury record as well.

16. Pearse67*

Seen somewhere we have a deal agreed for colina the croatian lb? 3m€

17. Foley1888

Is Xavier Mbuyamba definitely signing for Chelsea?

He looks a great prospect and everyone wanted him before he signed for Barca, from a Dutch 2nd division club but has been let go/ decided to leave.

I think we would be a great fit for him and vice versa much like Van Dijk did (although he was a bit older), he has all the Attributes but needs a chance to play first team football for a good club. At Chelsea his chances will likely be limited and he would just end up another multiple loan player. If he did come here for a couple of years and played well his resale value would be huge.

Another available on a free is Abdul Mumin who looks a good prospect as well, very comfortable on the ball and has good pace and looks decent in the air. Only 22 so would come with potential resale value too.

Another a few have mentioned is Cedric Kipre formally of Motherwell but apparently was impressing at Wigan. He is a big unit of a guy and wouldn’t get bullied in the way our CBs sometimes do. He is also only 23. There is meant to be other interest from West Ham but given Wigan’s financial woes he probably wouldn’t cost a lot.

All three would be good options and if we need two CBs if Ajer goes we could get one of them for a free or small and spend decent money on another if money comes in from selling Ajer.

Another position and one I have mentioned before Muamer Tankovic is available on a free. He plays from the left and would give us another option for playing that role if we play 4-2-3-1, given our lack of options just now on the wings and the fact Moi is just on loan.

Another who could give us an option in the attacking roles and boost our french contingent is Moussa Sylla, who was highly rated the season before last but Monaco spend so much he fell down the pecking order. We could pitch the Eddy and Dembele story as to him. He could play from either flank or top. Also a France U20 international.

If Ntcham or Rogic were to move on Arnaud Lusamba could be a good option for CAM.

RabS and The_Bhoy like this.
  18. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would love to see him back here, ideal window for me would be Benko, Hickey and Turnbull in. Contract extension for Eddy. /close window.

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

CB should be the priority now. A LB to compete with Taylor/Provide cover. Not to fussed about a striker, unless we see a couple go.

20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I would definitely go back in for him but I’m not sure if Lennon fancied him. When Lennon came in he didn’t get a sniff, this could have been because Lennon knew Benkovic was going back to Leicester and wanted to work with the squad that were going to be staying here.

Not too fussed how he got on at Bristol City because we know how good he was for us. As you say he isn’t going to get a chance at Leicester.

Makes sense.

Rydo1888*, Hammy89, Dan Breen and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.