1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2020

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss Football Manager 2020 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I started a game with Hamilton. Fancied a slight change and they have Norwich as a feeder team.

I’ve had Adam Idah on loan for 2 seasons and he’s incredible.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Did it on FM Touch so never had the option to pick managerial experience. Think I chose "automatic" for playing career.

3. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    State of this guy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of bruises and wants to retire!

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  4. Seosamh Máirtín

What's his personality type? I'd imagine his bravery must be really low

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Any tips on selling players in such a way that the dressing room doesn't implode? Valencia are an interesting club, but their finances aren't ideal.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sorry tech question, my nephew asked me to try and load up a facepack.

Problem is his laptop is a snider and it means he runs game off a USB.

I tried to use a YouTube vid saying how you can edit the path via stream, but still doesn't work. Tried the df11 megapack but it doesn't show a config. File, I created one using fxml but still doesn't work.

7. M 67

Has anyone heard anything re: FM21? Be interesting to see if they just ignore what’s happening and make the seasons “normal”, or edit them for a year to make them realistic...

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I've started playing this again for the first time since FM16 I think. I had one season with Celtic to break me back into it. Didn't qualify for the CL, Huns put me out of both cups and I only won the league on the final day, but I won the Europa League :giggle1:. Topped a group of Lazio, Liege and Wolfsberger then beat Atalanta (4-3), Sevilla(3-2), Roma(4-0), Monchengladbach(3-1 i think)and then humped Arsenal 3-0 in the final. They played a bit of a fringe team, but still! Didn't expect to get past Atalanta nevermind win the *. I resigned.

Need to figure out what kind of save I want to have next. Either a long term project or a journeyman career

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  9. Seosamh Máirtín

Good to see you giving it a bash again. I think this year's edition is good if flawed. It makes me sad the game isn't more popular amongst the community. I miss the days of 2009 and 2010 when we had over 7 thousand replies in the threads!

mickcfc91 likes this.
  10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye i think the game has lost a bit of popularity in general the past few years but I'm enjoying the game. Got a save with 1860 Munich going now.

Do you use any other forums to talk about it?

11. Seosamh Máirtín

I've only got Manchester United and Celtic saves going, at the moment. Nothing too demanding or labour intensive. I think forums in general are on a downward trend, but I still like to drop in here for match days. I'm not on any other forums, but I am a member of a couple of Facebook groups that are really popular.

12. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Its amazing to think of the difference in threads. Always felt that the busy thread kept the interest in the game.

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Do people on this game bother with setting up offensive set pieces? Headers either miss from impossible situations, or the keeper catches them, time after time.

14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    only get to play this on my bhoys switch , got fed up with every team in Europe

Started a MLS save with Atalanta due to them having decent fans a great squad they have a crazy budget once adjusted , easily over £40m and over 300k wages available

15. Seosamh Máirtín

I do, however I wouldn't say I have a particularly great Corner or FK routine. I do have a great long throw tactic that works quite well though. Generally overloading the near post and the gk will be found in no mans land often.

16. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Ideally in-swinging corners both sides, you need someone with corner taking 15+ really to be a real weapon from corners, one side play it to the near post, stick your best header of the ball to stand at front post, you want good height, bravery, heading, strength & anticipation, stick ur 2nd best as attack front post, get a tall player to challenge the gk (must have decent bravery), stick another two just in the box as attacking, then someone running in from edge of box, so all in all you have 6 men in, you'll get goals.

Other side is just the opposite really, play the ball into the back post, tends to be easier with * corner takers and works just as well if its an out-swinger, get your best header of a ball to stand on the far post, 2nd best attack far post ect.

Really it requires a good corner taker, if your corner taker has a rating of 10 from corners then chances are you aint gonna be scoring many and it might be worth just playing them short to your best crosser of a ball. Some sides that zonally mark don't even send one out to tackle you so they can just dribble inwards and shoot, have a man standing on the edge of the box.

Wide Fk's are exactly the same, if you have someone with 15+ fks just put them on Cross Centre and line up your 2/3 best headers of the ball across the centre and you'll get goals.

As someone said above long throws are good on this, they are mentally over powered if you have someone with a bullet throw trait, I normally get 10-20 goals a season with long throws even when they are long bullet throws, overload the front post, stick your best header of the ball at the front post, then ur 2nd best on the GK and watch the goals flood in.

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    @Supt Hed Tastings , @Seosamh Máirtín I have Daniel Wass and Dani Parejo taking set pieces. Wass can take corners, free kicks and long throws. However, headers fly everywhere, but in the net. Or get caught by the keeper, even if at close range. Almost feels like a bug.

18. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Peej likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    ^ free on epic games as well, to keep.

Gonna start back on my Betis save tonight I thinks. Second season and settling in to a side, albeit midtable

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    wrong thread

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020