1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Has he been cloned? James Forrest doesn't look like James Forrest anymore

2. apevrak

Hitting his prime as a footballer now our Jamesy. Love his commitment to the club, his speed, his passing abilities and finishing. Seems like a good man as well. Happy birthday wee man!

Metrobhoy likes this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He will retire as one of our most decorated players and (without a shadow of a doubt) a club legend.

We will miss him when he’s gone.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Got another 4 good years in him yet.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FROM his goalscoring debut in a 4-0 victory over Motherwell on May 1, 2010, to his most recent outing at Paradise during a storming 5-0 win over St Mirren back in March, James Forrest has featured an impressive 395 times for Celtic, scoring 88 goals along the way.

Besides club captain Scott Brown, he’s the only player in Neil Lennon’s squad to have featured in all nine of the current phenomenal nine in-a-row run, which sees him equal a record that was first set by club legends Billy McNeill, Jimmy Johnstone and fellow Ayrshire man Bobby Lennox five decades ago.

And on his 29th birthday (July 7), the Celtic View revisits the winger's league highlights from all nine championship-winning campaigns over the last nine years.

2011/2012
    GAME: Celtic 1-0 Rangers, December 28, 2011
    HIGHLIGHT: After trailing by several points two months prior, this pivotal derby win saw Celtic leapfrog their city rivals before the turn of the year. A great goal from Joe Ledley, a great display from James Forrest on the left, and a great team performance laid the foundations for Trophy Day several months after that again.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘That was a huge game for us. It took us to the top of the league before the turn of the year. If someone had said to me in October, facing a 10-point-plus gap, that we would have been top of the league before 2012, I’d have bitten their hand off for the chance.’

2012/13
    GAME: Celtic 5-0 Dundee, February 24, 2013
    HIGHLIGHT: During the same campaign that Neil Lennon’s men beat Barcelona at Celtic Park, Forrest contributed three goals and three assisted in 15 league appearances for the Hoops. Dominant for the 70 minutes he spent on the pitch against the Dark Blues, the winger helped win his side a penalty which he converted by sending ex-Celt Rab Douglas the wrong way.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘Injuries have unfortunately seen me side-lined more than I’d have liked this season, but it’s great to contribute whenever you can. Scoring a goal is even better, of course, so I’m delighted to do that and help the team as well.’

2013/14
    GAME: Aberdeen 0-2 Celtic, August 15, 2013
    HIGHLIGHT: After going down to 10 men ahead of half-time, and conceding from the spot to Kris Commons, Aberdeen fought hard in the second period on Matchday 2 of the SPL, before late substitute Forrest put the game out of sight in the final quarter-hour. Just over a week later, Forrest would score late once more against Shahkter Karagandy at Paradise.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘Pittodrie is never an easy place to come to, and credit to Aberdeen, they worked hard even when down to 10 men. I was a little bit fortunate with the goal, but I think we deserved it in the end with the chances we created.’

2014/15
    GAME: Celtic 4-1 St Mirren, December 14, 2014
    HIGHLIGHT: An early Scott Brown strike put Celtic in front against the Buddies, before Sean Kelly pulled level after 10 minutes. Five minutes later, a fine Forrest volley restored the lead, which set the Hoops on their way to a win which saw them climb six points clear at the top of the table. Forrest also assisted for his captain’s second of the afternoon.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘We had a disappointing result against Zagreb in midweek (4-3), so to bounce back with a convincing win in front of the home fans is great and a credit to the lads. I’m delighted for Broony to get his goals, and it’s always a pleasure to score myself.’

2015/16
    GAME: Celtic 8-1 Hamilton, January 19, 2016
    HIGHLIGHT: Eight great goals from six different scorers – Lustig, Bitton, Rogic, Forrest, McGregor and Griffiths (x3) – Forrest helped the Hoops smash Hamilton at home with a signature cross-goal, low drive beyond Accies stopper and then captain Michael McGovern.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘Everything clicked into place that day, and it felt like just about every chance we had at that end of the pitch ended up in the net.’

2016/17
    GAME: Motherwell 3-4 Celtic, December 3, 2016
    HIGHLIGHT: At the start of the 2016/17 campaign, Forrest by his own admission wanted to increase his goal and assist output. Few assists would be more important than the pass he made for last-gasp matchwinner Tom Rogic as the Hoops sought to preserve their Invincibles record.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘I was delighted for Tom to get the winner that day. Obviously, you would be over the moon whoever scored, but when you’re close to them, you get that added sense of pride. I think the fans enjoyed it too – even if we nearly gave them a heart attack!’

2017/18
    GAME: Celtic 5-0 Rangers, April 29, 2018
    HIGHLIGHT: Forrest scored his first-ever Glasgow derby goal on a glorious afternoon at Paradise, when the Hoops beat their rivals to clinch their seventh successive league championship.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘The ball sat up well, I struck through it, and I was delighted when it hit the back of the net. I was absolutely buzzing.’

2018/19
    GAME: St Johnstone 0-6 Celtic
    HIGHLIGHT: In a very one-sided trip to Perthshire, Forrest found the net four times inside half-an-hour. Clichéd as it sounds, he looked like scoring every single time he bore down on the opposition goal.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘It’s maybe not that common, but you occasionally get those games where you can have four chances and every one of them goes in.’

2019/20
    GAME: St Johnstone 0-3 Celtic, January 29, 2020
    HIGHLIGHT: So much has been said about Celtic’s form this side of the year, and this victory epitomised just how clinical Neil Lennon’s men can be. Three goals in 20 minutes – the first of which was assisted by Forrest for Ntcham, the second of which was scored by Forrest himself.
    WHAT JAMES SAID: ‘We really forced ourselves on St Johnstone in those first 25-30 minutes and, really, put the game to bed at that point. I’m always pleased to get on the scoresheet and that was the case again here.’

6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Got a good feeling his Best ever season has yet to happen:ynwacelti

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
  8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looked really sharp when introduced last night

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Amazing what a few solid seasons can do. I mind slating the lad for forever being sat on his *, fixing his socks or playing with his hair and being a whiny pus.

Matured greatly and such a massive player for us, scored so many important goals and creates bucket loads. Injury issues have waned and he always looks strong and relentless these days. So much so he gets a by from me when he has an off day.

Mon Jamesy son!

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really excited about the prospect of him and Jerry ripping it up on the right flank this season.
    Just another player who, in the past, we have flogged.
    Hopefully, ElHam can be used to give both a breather, with Jerry pushing up when wee Jamesy is rested. And of course, Dembele may also see some game time on the right.

Crilly and muaythai postie like this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Has anyone read his book?

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah, naw, I haven't

JML67, tarboltontim and Pablo87 like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Celtic arent Celtic these days without the bold Jamesy flying down the wing. Immense player and his contribution to Celtic through the years has been legendary.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Always loved the wee *, great player

JC Anton, Crilly and cidermaster like this.
  17. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Jamesy looks about 20 years older all of a sudden :giggle1:

3832856F-8E49-4166-BEB2-AE003D7743DE.jpeg

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He looks baked out his nut :56:

19. joemc

Grew up under br and has learned to handle the responsibility of being a senior player ,seeing the best of him and we expect him to hurt teams now .
    He is starting to prove his worth in European games as well ,this part for me was more frustrating than the injuries he repeatedly got ,we are now hearing him mentioned by players and managers of other teams as the main threat ,we have also got behind him more and and for such a great player his skills deserve a little more arrogance from the humble jamesy .

20. Jeffrey

A like 80s news anchor Forrest