1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We ain’t signing Ateji and Toney though, it’ll be either or and more than likely was sped up by the condition of Griff on his return.

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    GettyImages-1146221179-1.jpg

I've seen Eddy with a grumpy pus on manys occasion on the pitch, once he bags he is fine again. He will be playing on Sunday, score a belter, be all smiles and everyone can move on from any nonsense. He loves it here and will be here for the 10!! (or at least until January)

GettyImages-1186338595.jpg

bagforlife likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Im not worried really.

Media in this country is a joke. Doesn't look overly arsed in an empty stadium in a pre season friendly vs the Dingwall Dumplings and suddenly HE WANTS AWAY: SUN EXCLUSIVE WITH FRANK MACCA.

Nonsense. He's also French. Which explains a lot..and Im counting that goal against Nice...sorry.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A new deal would be some lift.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I disagree with this attitude.

The £60-70m isnt going into our back pockets at the end of the day as fans, and we aren't in trouble financially as a club.

I'd rather lose half of that money and win 10, qualify for the CL and wave them all off next summer, than risk it all, just so we can say "Look at us we sold a player for £40m from Scotland". How much of that would be reinvested? £15m, if you're lucky.

I want us to succeed on the park. If it means selling Edouard for £20m rather than £30m I'm not arsed. We cannot lose all of those 3. Would be a * disaster.

I know we are a business at the end of the day, but in a season such as this and with them still having that other year, I'd rather take the risk. Could even convince them to extend on the promise of being sold next summer.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Frank McAvennie has claimed that Odsonne Edouard has looked “disinterested” in preseason, like he does “not want to be” at Celtic.

The former Hoops legend, speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, suggested that the 22-year-old could still be sold this summer and insisted that “everybody has a price”.

The French striker’s 45 appearances last season yielded a remarkable 27 goals and 19 assists as he helped the Bhoys to a ninth consecutive league title.

Football Insider revealed earlier this month that the club have slapped a £40million price tag on him to try and ward off potential suitors.

McAvennie admitted that he had not seen enough to suggest that Edouard was up for a potentially historic season.

“They are still talking about Edouard going,” he told Football Insider. “It is incredible.

“When I watched Edouard the other day he looked a wee bit disinterested. Like he did not want to be there.

“Maybe he is just a big game player and he is just getting the minutes in. Maybe he needs crowds.

“I would watch this space with Edouard. Everybody has a price. If somebody offers above their valuation you have got to take it.

“I have not seen enough from Edouard in preseason. I know it is just preseason but I have not seen anything that suggests that he is up for this. This is a massive season.

However, Football Insider understands that a new deal is close and the player had told the club he will snub interest from down south to pen an improved contract at Parkhead.

Neil Lennon’s side begin their 10-in-a-row bid at home to Hamilton on Sunday.

7. celtic warrior

Can't begrudge a move if were to happen now or 1 year from now.

The likely suitors for him will be of teams at a higher calibre to us offering to probably double his wages as well.

He is a quality player that has the attributes to equal what Dembele has done so far, if not, maybe even go a little further. I say that because there is something about Eddie in front of goal that feels me with more confidence that he'll score then I ever got with Moussa.

Probably just chatting * though.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

With it all going quiet on the contract extension front and Barry Fry mentioning that we'd be back in for Toney once we had a sale or 2 of our to complete, I'm starting to think Eddie will go this summer.

Possibly why we seen Klimala and Griff up front as a 2 v Hibs.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He also referred to Toney as being 6ft 4 and our best defender as well as striker. He's 5ft 11.

He's a bit of a crackpot.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, he's a crackpot but I don't think he's BS-ing about that.

I just can't see why we'd be bidding £5m for strikers if we believed Eddie was staying when we have Griff and Klimala in reserve.

It might've made sense if Griff was out the picture but Lennon has since said he was very happy with his performance v Hibs and that he expects him to play a big part this season.

I can't shake the feeling that it's all gearing up to Eddie leaving.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Dunno, I feel like we do need another striker if we are planning playing 2 a lot of the season. We also know this time next year Edouard will definitely be away, so having someone bedded in for then would make sense.

I hope Toney isn't the answer tbh. I'd take him but not as a full replacement.

Klimala still incredibly early doors.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nonsense is the perfect way to describe it.

Wanting him to be cutting about buzzing and smiling in a friendly against Ross County.

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I would prefer another in but I think we'd need to shift first before we could do that. Bayo also in reserve as well.

To me there are positions that we could do with signings far sooner than another striker: LCB, LB, Winger.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Id agree with that.

Just on Fry's comments as well, it could be the fact we are trying to punt the likes of Bayo to make room for another striker in the pecking order. Rogic as well etc, it is easy to panic and think it will be Edouard.

I'm trying my best not to panic here...can you tell?

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. apevrak

Selling the three of them without reinvesting in the squad would be a disaster and would probably put unnecessary pressure on the 10. But if they were to be sold within a reasonable time and we could reinvest maybe half of our potential transfer earnings, let's say something between £25m-£30m in emerging talent from Scandinavia, France, Balkan etc and picking up out of favour players from the big leagues we could still win the 10 and qualify for CL imo. It's what Ajax have done for decades and it's working pretty good for them, no reason why it shouldn't work here as well. The club need to put an end to the last minute sales like the Dembele saga though.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Would be surprised if he was leaving this season, he must know he can make history and is all but guaranteed a move next year.

Only thing I worry about is the whole Dembele carry on about promises, might mean Ed not wanting to commit to us I order to get a bigger fee.

About not smiling, wasn't this already mentioned a year or two back about when he scored. *, has anyone saw Morelarse crack a smile on the park, ffs.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think if Bayo goes it will be on loan. Again it just proves the point that football signings should be made by the footballing side of the club.

Neither he nor Shved were Rodger signings so it's obvious they were made by Lawwell. £4m combined and whatever else on wages.

Hopefully I'm wrong on this. Eddie confirming for next season would be absolutely huge for us.

It's just a culmination of a few small things that have piqued my concern: contract extension comments gone quiet, Lennon saying every player has their price, bids made for strikers while we have 4 at the club, Fry suggesting we've advised we'll be selling 1 or 2 ourselves.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't get me wrong mate, I agree with you. But £25-30m going right back into the side, could never see that.

That's why money is of no interest to me right now when it comes to Celtic. Been there too many times as a fan.

19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s been quite the fixture on football insider.

MickeyyMack likes this.