1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

He's done. Punt

2. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    There must be something seriously wrong with him behind the scenes. Attitude? Work Rate? Wee fud?

3. david100825

The debate around him is boring now, clearly not going to make it here. Just get rid.

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

this guys not quoted at all

im sure i remember he went to some spanish club about 4 or 5 years ago and he got homesick, think exactly the same things happened here not helped by not getting anywhere near the first team, which would have helped him bond

the club has to do better with things like this, a lot of money was spent and players from other countries can become isolated and have problems settling in, we could have got him involved in friendlies and late substitute appearances and have him around the first team but it seems hes been completely frozen out either by himself by not being able to settle in scotland or by the club or a combination of the both

is it just me that thinks we have a high turnover of failed signings

littlekennie and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Some goal.

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Where did it all go wrong

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

That bust up during lunch really messed it up.

Started acting the big man after the cook forgot to put sauce out for him.

Brown and McGregor had to step in

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He wanted full fat Mayo and they only had Morrison’s own brand lighter than light mayo

9. RockhardBoss

SHVED-DY TO GO?

Celtic are eyeing up potential loan moves for Marian Shved this summer, according to the Glasgow Evening Times.

The newspaper reports there are interested parties chasing the 22-year-old in Belgium, Portugal and Holland.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are weighing up options from around Europe as they look to send Marian Shved out on loan.

The Ukraine winger has been unable to force himself into the starting lineup at Parkhead and often has not even made the match day squad under manager Neil Lennon.

Herald and Times Sport understands there are various clubs hoping to sign the winger including options in Belgium, Portugal and Holland. Shved has already been loaned out by the Hoops back to his former club Karpaty Lviv who are believed to be interested in taking him back home once more for a third spell.

However it is understood a switch back to Karpaty is out of the question. Shved, 22, had hoped to make an impact at Celts last season, and this term, having just played three times for the club.

He recently told how he had 'no regrets' over his decision to sign under Brendan Rodgers, even despite his lack of playing time. "I am happy I moved to Scotland," he said in a recent interview. "It's a different style of football than what I have been used to back home.

"I am working hard and learning so much. The coaches and manager of Celtic have told me if I keep working hard I will soon start to get minutes on the pitch for them, but it hasn't happened yet. It was great for me to get on the pitch against Ukraine and hopefully I will get some minutes for Celtic soon too."

tarboltontim likes this.
  11. Maestro 08

Get him out to a team in our league. No point sending him somewhere where the culture is totally different and he comes back here and struggles again. It's obvious he has ability, but is struggling to adapt to the game here and is possibly homesick. Hibs would be ideal for him and us. A season there and he could come back to us ready to play a part.

Dublin Celt, stew37 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Loan him to Hibs or Dundee United. Going to Portugal or Holland makes no sense.

13. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    I think he'd play much better in Holland or Portugal with more time on the ball, then we would hopefully get a decent bid for him as he has no future here unfortunately I think.. I was really looking forward to watching him here aswell.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I still don’t think he’s truly been given a chance here, if he’s worse than James Forrest on an inconsistency patch then he shouldn’t be here but surely from what I’ve seen he’s got a bit of talent about him.

15. Jeremie Frimpong

I think we're cutting out losses, and looking for a fee.

16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He can go as long as his bird stays :fear:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't care anymore..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Send him on loan tae Pollok al pay his wages.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    His Mrs stoating about Silverburn looking for the Gucci shop.

Blochairnbhoy and Doogs. like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    3 games he has appeared in? Shocking, considering one was a sub and THAT goal posted earlier. In fact has he been seen since then? One late on last season I think and showed a bit of dynamic approach and offered something late in a game I am sure.

For me, he has something about him, but he has not been given a chance at all. Scored that goal last season qualifier and was never seen again.

He's 23 now (last month) and weirdly his contract is with us for another 3 years (this season and two more).
    Either punt him and let the lad settle in a career somewhere more comfortable for him, or get him loaned somewhere reasonable where he can play regular and come back to the club in 6-12 months having got up to proper speed. Dundee United, Hibs, Sheep (if they stop being clatty *), a Championship club down south? Arzani just went to Utretch on loan, something like that would be good for Shved as well.

Lad can't sit around another year being bummed out of the squad again, needs to go impress somewhere for his own sake.