1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sharing WUM's tweets is unbecoming.

:redcard: @Notorious

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry.

Marty McFly likes this.
  3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Hope the signing of Ajeti and bid for Toney doesn’t mean eddy is off

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's not as simple as that at times. I don't think he'll be short on suitors but Lawwell will still have the Boyata fiasco fresh in the memory, a £9m asset walking out the door for nothing.

With Eddie the stakes are higher and we've obviously invested £9m initially.

If he isn't keen on a contract extension and a £35m bid comes in this summer, I think he'll go. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that, what a plus on the push for 10 that would be.

cidermaster and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. Diamond D

Griff, paddy, bayo, and looking to bring in ajeti and also have bid for Toney?

Even if Bayo is getting punted there is no way we need five strikers. Cinic in me is thinking lennon has been told he can spend around 5 mil and maybe get a loan in, but Eddy will be sold if a bid of over 20m comes in.

Pure speculation on my part but seems reasonable given our current situation.

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I spent the whole of last summer spamming "he's not leaving" in the Tierney thread so after that and especially after Lennon's 'every player has a price' statement I'm fully expecting Edouard to go at any point in any window.

7. celtic warrior

Can't have anything nice can I.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Edouard
    Ajer
    Christie

all have 2 years left on their deals they will not be allowed to take them down to 1 year not a chance!

Ajer - changes agents I fully expect to move before October

Christie - contract talks begun but noises being made by his old man about playing in EPL has same agent as Turnbull and Armstrong and we know the relationship between that agent and lawwell is very strained.

Edouard - our biggest asset talks been on going about a new deal for months, no movement we are aware of, value £30m plus.

even a 1 year extension on all 3 contracts protects or even enhances the value.

we could easily see all 3 depart though should they not accept a new deal on offer this window!

The_Bhoy, apevrak and Smithy like this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Won't be surprised if he goes.

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he goes I expect it to be post qualifying. We can at least do that this season which allows for other spending.

11. Maestro 08

With the delayed end to a lot of leagues, the extended transfer window combined with our league kicking off earlier than most I can see a scenario where this could work against us in kepping Eddy. Clubs with money to spend can watch Eddy banging them in for us in competitive games domestically while they are all still in pre season. Wouldn't be surprised if this gives clubs that wee nudge to stump up the cash.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I expect edoaurd to extend for a year and he will be allowed leave next season no doubt , I'm hoping it's more or less done and its maybe being held back to announce at the best time.

Ajer- think he is defo gone, I'm agreeable to it once the money is right and I trust replacements to be sought. If it's to Milan I like the look of gabbia as part of that deal but we would also need a jullien type centre half ready to rock now. Again I trust us to get that right too.

Christie- if anything over 15mil came in for him I'd think the board would find it hard to refuse it, especially if no extension is gonna happen (although all this prem talk could posturing to get a better deal) , Christie numbers last season were probably unsustainable long term so it's not uncommon that we have seen a bit of a drop off recently. But we are very badly stuck in the 10 if he went, rogic can't stay fit and Henderson I'd expect to go out on loan, ntcham for me isnt a 10 hes a box to box, Turnbull is an option but a bit of an unknown in terms of fitness and form, one thing playing well for Motherwell another thing altogether turning it on with us in a 10iar season. Probably would need turnbull and aaronsen or Turnbull and a very big loan if Christie goes.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. apevrak

Agreed. Lawwell knows the three of them together is worth something between £60-70m in todays market and won't risk selling them on the cheap next summer. It's our business model to buy young talent, develop them and sell them on to more cash rich leagues in the future. If we can't tie them down to another years contract extension then they need to go, simples. It always hurts to see great talent leave the club, but I would rather see the club cash in on them this transfer window.

The_Bhoy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Give him a year extension and tell him we will insert a buy out clause into his contract and will let him go with our best wishes next season.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Then just keep repeating it every summer :78:

The_Bhoy and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly :fear:

:lenny2:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. jamesfr

£50 million,not a penny less
    Even at that I would rather keep him

18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If edoaurd is to sign a one year extension and say his wages went up by 20k a week, every week lawell can let this run on he's saving the club 20k a week. Small money in the scheme of things but maybe not when considering wage budgets of players coming in. Financially for the club it's better if edoaurd extends his contract in August rather that June .

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

We could jeopardise the league if we lose all 3 and don't adequately replace then factor in the goalkeeping situation very much up in the air.

Would much rather keep the players and sell for less next summer than risk losing the 10.

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thats exactly what I am thinking too.