1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic TV Domestic Subscription

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, May 4, 2020.

Discuss Celtic TV Domestic Subscription in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Easily dude,
    I used 100-150k purely to encapsulate the Celtic and rangers fans. Not to belittle the others, but more as a base for the two largest supported teams and what could be surely deemed the minimal? Add in 20k from the sheep, 30k from the Edinburgh two, 10-15k from Dundee, another 20k from outwith and that's quickly more likely to be 220k, which is taking you over £50mill a year.

We can then restructure how we show games, so lowleague and Highland league can perhaps get dedicated time slots which actually then helps promote their setup, championship can get set times compared to the prem etc as well.
    Imagine having all prem games at 3pm on a Saturday one week, with all championship games on the Sunday at 3pm, with league one and two playing around those times for exposure and Highland leagues playing perhaps before the prem games at midday on a Saturday or something?

The options are there and the services are surely there as well, if everyone would just pull together we could be generating a 5 year deal worth £250million, not just £160million as sky have offered.
    £90million extra between 42 clubs!
    You could have the same financial split as we have currently, plus five every club £1million and still have £50million left over to use for running the service.

I would actually advocate for the money to be split a bit differently, but even so, imagine giving a every team in the championship an extra million each year!
    Suddenly the idea of a 20 team top league where every club is massively more well off than before doesn't seem soo dumb.
    The league becomes more entertaining as clubs like Raith rovers suddenly can actually bring in a half decent team!
    We can then sell that to foreigner TV deals.

Massive * tangent now,
    Sorry Blochairn!

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Gavmontic, FranceCelt and greengrocer like this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not sure if there is CTV thread but this was the last one.

The team they've put together is excellent for us, funny to see Michael Stewart nabbed, but honestly do think he's a very good pundit.

But you do know that Rory Hamilton is the commentator which is surprising, always thought he had a bit to say about us negatively.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    BT don’t have any domestic games their deal is done.

4. Ryanmcg84

I like the fact they have went for a couple of impartial pundits. Michael Stewart is one of the better pundits and will give a wee bit more balance to the analysis.

Hamilton is okay and its better than the commentator on celtic TV "and the balls in the net". Brutal

5. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Sky own the rights to show games, why wouldn't they just setup supporters channels of their own and keep the money themselves

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Would Celtic TV work with any ipad, even the older ones? I presume it's just a case of updating the Operating system?

Thinking of getting it for my old man, he's not been at his greatest in recent times but think he'd enjoy this.

His old tablet is rubbish and temperamental and needs binned, but he is usually always watching YouTube Celtic things.

7. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I hope the following helps. I copied it from the Celtic web site.

What devices will this work on? Desktop computers & laptops: You can watch the Live Broadcast on an up to date desktop or laptop computer (PC or Mac). You must make sure your browser is up to date and has JavaScript enabled too (most browsers update automatically). Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox are recommended although other browsers may work but are unsupported. Apple iPads and iPhones: You must have iOS 11.3 or higher installed and you must use Safari to watch the Live Broadcast on Apple devices. Android devices: The Live Broadcast also works on most modern and up to date Android devices, including tablets, smartphones and Smart TVs.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Cheers, thought I'd seen something about the IOS, guess that'll be the problem as it's an older Ipad which ain't supported.

9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Due to the ongoing issues with fans in sports grounds, I was thinking about getting the HD package (£80py) could someone please clarify what that means to a UK membership.

Are all SPFL and cup games live, or are there delays in broadcast? I’ve looked online but there seems to be conflicting stories, would rather find out from a U.K. subscriber before making the purchase.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://live.celticfc.tv/account/subscribe/product

11. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Neither package gets SPFL games live, they are usually available from 10pm that night. The HD package is just that, HD streams.

Noskeil likes this.
  12. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

After the shambles today I wouldn't bother

Noskeil likes this.