1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  2. shieldsybhoy

I agree on a lot of these points people are making but you also have to remember he has a finite career and his stock in the near future may not be able to get him the kind of money he's on now. He's 32 and lets say he plays until he's 38 - he might only have these 2 years where he can actually earn that kind of money. His perceived value might drop and he quite feasibly may need to drop to championship level in a couple of years where he might be on 30k-ish a week. No matter how rich you are, we're talking a lot of money here and this income is all before tax. Footballers are out to look after themselves and their families and I can't blame them really.

3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just making examples.

Actually add quite simply the greatest Right Back I've ever saw, Danny Mcgrain, the Rangers fan.

He could have played with anyone in the world, quite simply because he was better than anyone else in that position and didn't as he loved Celtic in the end.

But yeah, money does talk, with people who are both Celtic and non-Celtic fans, so guess we just gonna suck it up most of the time.

4. celtic warrior

You know what, I've resided myself to the theory he's definitely not coming back.

Watching the Everton v Sheff Utd game tonight, coupled with the * show from De Gea, Henderson whether he plays straight away or not, Man U will not let him leave.

Could then see Sheff Utd coming to Southampton with a £13mill-£15mill bid for Forster as a result, seems like he'd suit them down to a tee.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

I suppose the club can satisfy the fans (and Lenny) that they’ve done everything they can in their side to make it happen. Now it’s purely the players decision. (False promises snd reneging on agreements aside)

Wasn’t the deal agreed; a further loan with buY at the end? Everyone would have got their way in the end.

As pointed out above - if KT can take himself from the club he loves and at the most critical Point in over a generation (notwithstanding massive pay increase) ... FF is not likely to go the other way for an equivalent ‘pay cut’...

Players should forget all the signing day rhetoric about ‘coming home’, ‘joining great club’ , ‘came because of the support ‘ Pish we hear every time a new player comes in. It’s just insincere guff for the media.

Id have more respect if they said..

“Lovely.. Celtic are paying me 6x what I was on before.”

“I want to up my profile to get a bigger move in a year or two.”

“I was stuck on the bench at xxxxxxx and wanted to play ... anywhere.”

When you look at leagues like the epl (in particular) You have to wonder why (some if not most) players bother to celebrate title and cup wins.. I’m presuming it’s the bonuses and raised transfer values/profile.... because money seems to be all that matters to the majority.

When the fans celebrate .. its for the love of their club... not the love of money.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Imagine a player coming here and giving those * reasons. Would go down like a cup of cold sick. The fans would be on their back from day 1 and it'd be an uphill battle from then on.

Imagine accepting a job and on your first day saying 'I'm only here for the money and as soon as something better comes along, I'm off'.

7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

If kt can walk away from it what chance a lad from Hexham would be swayed by the 10 Scotia ?

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's not how loans work.

He would still be cashing all of his basic salary at Southampton while on loan at Celtic for 12 months.

If his intention was to consider other options in the summer then he could have told Lennon that, the fact we agreed a deal with Southampton indicates that he was the #1 signing and that Lennon that there was a very strong chance he'd come back.

I'm disappointed in his behaviour towards a club that put him on the map and got him an England call-up and a big EPL contract and to Lennon who has trusted him implicitly throughout, when others haven't.

We move on.

9. StevieBhoooy!

It would be the truth at least..

10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Absolutely none , the medal he would get wont say 10 and just look exactly like the others he,s got . I dont begrudge him any of the millions he earns , would I take the money or the 10 ... what do you think .
    Sorry got to go thats the Bently Garage on the phone , my new motors ready .

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Southampton manager wants to move him on and have a clear out .... better hurry up and get a deal done then because we are at good stage with the Greeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'll wait until I hear or see actual quotes from Southampton.

Sounds nice though, I have no ill will to the big man, I can see why some are upset with him. That's football though.

If he does end up back I will be * delighted.

Leone Naka Fan and Sydneysider like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC’S hopes of landing Fraser Forster have been handed a boost after it was reported that Southampton are ready to offload the 32-year-old.

The Englishman made 32 appearances in all competitions for the Hoops last campaign.

A move for AEK Athens shot-stopper Vasilis Barkas has hit a stumbling block after a £3.5milllion offer was booted out by the Greek side.

It is understood they value the Dutch-born keeper at closer to £6million.

But the Daily Express now report that Forster is one of the players that Southampton plan to move on once the Premier League finishes this weekend.

A goalkeeper remains high on the list of priorities for Parkhead boss Neil Lennon who admitted last week that he couldn’t leave the door open for Forster forever.

Lennon – who also lost Craig Gordon in this window leaving him without a recognised No1 – said: “From what I gather the negotiations are over.

“There’s no more movement on it at the minute. We can’t keep leaving the door open.

We have to make decisions. If it was to reverse tomorrow we’d go yeah, on you come, but we’re not getting any indication of that happening.

We’re talking to representatives of a couple of goalkeepers so hopefully we’ll have good news sooner rather than later on that.

“We’re disappointed with the Fraser issue. It’s kind of bizarre the way it’s panned out.

“The impression we got was that he wanted to stay at Southampton and fight for his place, which is the player’s prerogative.

But we had been led to believe something else.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

I would prefer Barkas now, to be honest. I want players who want to be here.

Forster has * us over at a critical time, and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

littlekennie and Westlondonscot like this.
  15. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can forgive and forget very easily

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I kind of feel the same. He obviously wants to wait til October to see what deal he can get elsewhere. We cannot wait and I expect to see a new keeper in the next week to be honest.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We definitely want players who want to be here, rather than players who are waiting to see if they can get a better offer elsewhere. But given his quality, I'd still be happy to take him, even though I don't expect it to happen. Dropping from 70k a week in the latter stages of his career is always going to be unappealing to him.

18. Al Bootyerbaws

I get what you’re saying but if the big * signs after all this I’ll still be doing cartwheels.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I get the money thing, I really do but it seems he told Lenny and others he wanted to be with us. Southampton are happy for him to go, apparently even on a loan so he wouldn't be losing money.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye it's disappointing and there's clearly some missing information we won't know, probably all in Forster's mind.