1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] PSG v Celtic Tuesday July 21 6PM premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 19, 2020.

Discuss PSG v Celtic Tuesday July 21 6PM premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Only saw the goals and last 10 mins or so.

Bitton was bad for 1st 2 goals dropping too far deep and Bain for 3rd.

PSG are certainly rattling in the goals pre-season.

Good to see Tam getting a wee run.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Bitton played pretty well at times.

1st goal was an unreal pass from Neymar, Frimpong lost Mbappe and Bitton could of been tighter to Jullien, but he’s not a CB. You’ve got our actual 2 CB’s marking one striker, our RB letting Mbappe get the wrong side of him because Mbappe does that to everyone, then Bitton trying to close the space in the middle.

2nd goal is an unlucky deflection.

Usual watching highlights and jumping in here to find a scapegoat.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Scapegoat? What you talking about?

I like Bitton, but I do agree that at CB he does not possess the defensive qualities already mentioned.

The 2nd goal he just dropped too far back. Yes the deflection was unlucky but the highlights (American) even said how far we dropped back and left Neymar for ages even when he was coming into the box. He keeps running back and then starts to come out too late.

The first goal he should have been covering over, he even checks his run for some reason, yes Frimpong is caught too, but Bitton should be getting across.

Bitton will do a decent job at CB, more in Scotland for me though.

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Meh - around here they're supported by wee diddies. Founded in 1970, we'd won the big cup before they even existed.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good game for us to play. PSG are very much right there at the very highest level right now in world football so we got pushed and pulled and tested to the max. On an aside not that it is news but what a complete and utter * is Neymar. It is a * friendly and yet as soon as one call doesn't go his way he gives away a foul then seconds latter after Ntcham takes the ball from him he 100% cheap shots Biton from behind. Then he throws a sneaky elbow a few minutes later and has to be held back from screaming at Lennon by 2 of his own team mates and I am sure I am missing other incidents. Diego Costa at his worst is or was a dirty player but Neyar behaves like an entitled prima dona *.

Back to the game I think just how hard a game and physical work out that was will hopefully stand us in good stead once we get going for real in a couple of weeks.

Dan Breen and cidermaster like this.