1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Wouldn’t surprise me if his time’s up after reading Lennon’s comments.

Can understand why some supporters have tried to stand up for him but now it’s blatantly obvious that he’s unprofessional and causing unnecessary drama in the build up to a huge season.

Jumping onto social media and uploading quotes is frankly immature and is something you expect from Facebook maws.

At this stage I’d reluctantly see him replaced with another striker. Can’t see anyone wanting to buy him now though.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    To be honest we have supported him and given him chances

It's up to Griff now

3. DonnyCelt

Terminate his contract.

I'm sure he's probably breached it anyway. * such a shame how it looks to be ending with him but he's had more than enough chances.

4. shieldsybhoy

He has another 2 years left. Issue is with publicly coming out with this, we do reduce his value quite a bit. 2 years ago when he signed his 4 year deal, you'd want 8 figures for him. Don't think you're anywhere close to that now.

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Would like to listen to The presser if anyone comes across it post it :50:.
    Reading those comments though it’s not looking Good, Hes Fooked it. I think that quote Griff posted was the final straw Lennon is bealing and for him to go all out like that I honestly think the gaffer has washed his hands with him.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We won't terminate his contract..

Losing him would be a big blow in the 20 season as he scores and creates goals....as well as his partnership with Eddy..

He'll have to do some grafting though to get close again..

Best thing to happen tonight was Klimala who's put all the work in....coming on and scoring. That'll hurt Griff and now he's been publicly outed. . He has no choice but to knuckle down..

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Pretty scathing from Lennon, and understandably so imo.

I get that people say lockdown can be especially tough for some people, but I just feel as though it’s incredibly difficult to justify a professional athlete coming back and not being in shape, with such a massive season ahead of us. The players won’t have been asked to turn up in great shape either, just the minimum required condition to begin getting ready for the season ahead.

Ultimately it comes down to discipline or a lack thereof. I say that with Griff having been one of my favourite players since Ronny’s time in charge. The club and the fans did the right thing in protecting him when his mental health was suffering, and he did exceptionally well to get back to a level where he was giving us a real selection headache. Now though, he’s got all that to do again and more it seems.

He’s let a lot of people down imo.

Scott smyth and The_Bhoy like this.
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

* it for himself nobody else to blame

9. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Your all over the place and now changing what you want to pick up on. Griffiths is unfit so unable to play that's the facts. So someobe has to come in if Eddie is injured, unfit or whatever. So if Klimayla comes in and does a job then it stands to reason its his place to lose, especially if he goes two up front. And after Lennons go at him tonight you can bet on it he's going to have a hard time getting back in his books. All the ones on here saying its cause its a mental thing or he's just a wee bit unfit, well look at Lennons quotes and Griffiths has been at it full stop. And as for 2 strikers raring to go aye right you are you have no clue. So you would be happy to go into a ten in a row season with 2 untried strikers as back up. Thank * your not the celtic manager.

10. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ps have you read the managers piece yet because all it does is back up the criticism he's getting and we'll founded by the look of it. And why has he came out with this you might ask??? Because of his stupid carry on in the media, qouting Rocky stuff absolute garbage and he has done so much harm to his career at Celtic by doing it.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pretty clear something like this was coming when he was leaving Preseason training and going straight out to pick up a kebab in his training gear.

Hardly the actions of someone taking it seriously.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See the kebab stuff that doesn't really bother me, it's something he probably has now and again. It's the stuff lennys said tonight that the club were asking him what's wrong as no training stats from him. He's saying he's injured when, again it's open to conjecture, he's maybe can't be arsed doing the work. And Lenny also saying he came back overweight and unfit just says it all. For the record agai I will say it a 1 goal every 2 games is a great player to have but if he's not playing well there's no point. Imo I still think he will keep him until he gets another player in but a lot depends on Lenny and what Griffiths does now. He can either buckle down or chuck it and end up playing at lev far below his skill deserves

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Buzzing for Leigh’s next TikTok video

Hopefully it’s as good as this

:fear:

14. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    There a lot of people on here that he's let down because there was quite a few saying it's maybe a mental issue, which is fair enough. But now the story is out there he's let those guys down, the manager, the fitness staff who spend all their time trying to help the player with diets, training programs, his fellow team mates. It's not on especially after the way the club gave him more or less 12 Months away from the team to sort himself out and less than 6 months later he's not training as wanted.

15. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ps as for just a * well at least I stand by what I say and try to look at the facts before putting them down.

Ryanmcg84 likes this.
  16. Ryanmcg84

Wonder if some in here will now change their tune or if Lenny is a "ravage hun who should * off back to follow follow" too

Scott smyth likes this.
  17. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See when your a professional and you get the hard pre season work down the rest of the season it's the games that carry on that work. The rest of it is just to keep ticking over as you going to play 3 games in 7 days for a large percentage of the season. You here people talking about missing preseason due to maybe an injury and being so far behind the other players. I ran amature teams over the year, nowhere near pro level but even if your guys miss a couple of weeks training you can see come the match day the effect so it can only be worse the higher level it gets

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  18. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Either support Leigh... or find another club ,,,,,, thank * we did not have social media when Bobby Murdoch played for us

19. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Mate I take no pleasure at all at seeming to be a bit right on what I thought. It guts me that a player with that ability and affection for the club and the fans is going through a hard time. But it's mostly himself to blame. Imo if he hadn't came out on social media and qouted the stuff I don't think Lenny would have made this statement. But the media stuff sort of alluded to him being dragged down but mostly his own doing.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Don't even try that * with Bobby Murdoch. Unless you know Bobby's whole story don't go there. Murdoch had a bad ankle knock for the best part of his career and even in lisbon he played in agony. He took so many cortisone injections that his ankle arthritic before he was in his 30s. He went to health farms that right but mostly because of his inability to train for most of the week. There's a massive difference from not WANTING to train and CAN'T train. Bobby Murdoch was the heart and soul of that lions and the great Stein said "When Murdie plays, Celtic plays"
    Ps it's maybe Griffiths that you mean to find another club I take

Bayern Bru and Ryanmcg84 like this.