1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieBhoooy!

How many medicals will there be? :fear:

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Has had two sub appearances since his surgery, mainly due to the pandemic. I'm sure he's been training and putting the work in, but as he hasn't played much competitive football since the surgery, it's always going to be a risk.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Whens the pre signing wearing the top leaking?

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Depends on the fee they're wanting, but I would like to see us go for him again. Sign him and loan him back to Motherwell for a season.

Have to think Ntcham will be gone next summer, if not this one. So there'd be a place for Turnbull a season down the line, provided he can show his previous form when he gets back playing.

5. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It’s a huge risk either way. We either take the risk in signing him when it’s near impossible to know how his knee will recuperate or hold up long term, or we take the risk of missing out on an undoubtedly very talented player.

One thing I will say is that Motherwell really took their time with his recovery and felt he was close to full fitness before the lockdown.

6. Foley1888

Not ideal and Government permission being awarded then Motherwell will have friendly games from this weekend where I imagine we could have him watched in some capacity. This is not ideal but it is clear Lenny likes the look of him and has been keen to get him. I don't think it would take a £3m+ fee to get him anymore.

As mentioned above if we don't think he would instantly come in to the team, then loaning him back to Motherwell for an initial 6 months with the chance to recall in January if we want to or allowing him to remain there for the full season could work well. It will all come down to whether we fell we have the transfer budget to take a gamble on signing him or if every penny is needed for players to come in and make an instant impact.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

I would pass on him

Artorias likes this.
  8. Mike B MikeyBhoyy

Personally I think if we can get him for 1.5 - 2m then we should sign him. Before his injury he was phenomenal. I get it would be a risk but we spend 2m on some amount on unknown duds all the time, if the medical team think he’s good to go then it could be a steal. I would much rather pay 2 mill and take the chance than watch him go down south and replicate McGinn.

Dan Breen, Rydo1888* and The_Bhoy like this.
  9. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

We’ve got a jam packed season ahead with no winter break we need as many players as possible. Sure we don’t know what his knee is like but look at Rogic ! The engine room needs 3 players in every position that way players get enough rest with no need to play them through niggling injuries. It also gives him a year to settle in at 21 he’s the perfect age. A 6 month loan back to Motherwell is a good shout

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Rogic can’t play two full games in a row. I like him though

11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yeah I wasn’t saying I was totally against turnvull in on the cheap, but just stating right now he’s unnecessary due to how full that area is in our squad. Add to that list above that now we have elyounoussi back MJ can play in his more preferred position behind the striker. There’s bitton too I never wrote. all players who’d be ahead of him. I think a year loan back to Motherwell would be perfect, but signing him to then not play would waste him

12. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    I would hate to lose out on Turnbull, a real goal threat from attacking mid and a direct replacement for Rogic. Rogic is a great player and great to watch but time is ticking in terms on making money from him, and his fitness is always a worry,plus Lennon with much more running and pressing intensity that Rodgers did which i don't think suits Rogic.

13. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Turnbull was ( fit) before his injury was detected. The surgery can only have improved things and obviously has prevented a catastrophe for him down the line. We have a big season ahead keeping the team fit and rested is the key Get this deal done.

14. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think we should try to get Turnbull for a £1.75m-£2.25m and immediately loan him back for a 6-12 month period with the option to recall at any time.

Not only would motherwell benefit from not immediately losing a strong player, but it gives the player the best chance to complete his return and get games inder his belt and get back to where he was, in order to hit the ground running for such a time as he comes to us.

it shouldnt be overlooked how big his first full season in the SPL was and what his potential might be.
    I think celtic is the best place for Turnbulls development and i think he will end up with us, sooner or later, but that doesnt mean that we should rest on our laurels. Get the deal done.

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not to forget the importance of the rehabilitation to prevent re occurrence of the injury. Without proper rehab in re strengthening the knee and supporting muscles, it might undermine the surgery itself.

Big Shoes likes this.
  17. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

He’s had loads of time for this

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd like us to go for him again.

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd go for him again, it's somewhat low risk if we get him for £2million.
    But it's the worry of enough game time to keep rehab going proper. But I'd trust our coach and medical staff on that.

Think it's going to be obvious that rogic and ntcham will be away in the next two years, so the space will be there for him long term.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    I was never comparing him to mcginn was more just the circumstance where the player that we had pursued for a while ended up at a championship club then has a couple good seasons and is linked to all sorts...at the time we were linked with mcginn I didn't.think he would get near our midfield but was promising and look what happened

The_Bhoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.