1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by JamesConnolly, Apr 4, 2009.

Discuss The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    no the club keeps that information to itself but I’m guessing it’s less than 40k or club wouldn’t have extended the deadline, if there’s the reputed 10k on the waiting list and out ST limit is 50k the club wouldn’t have extended the deadline if they were confident of filling Parkhead with the people on the waiting list.

i’m surprised the waiting list was extended on Sunday as I renewed my bhoys and my tickets on Friday and I was sure peter was just waiting for me to renew, obviously not HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maestro 08 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The extension may also be to give those that don't do online an option to renew, now that the ticket office has reopened this week.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Refund cheques have started dropping through letterbox's.

4. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Mine arrived today. Will go towards this season's instalments so all good.

5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The news that there’s 17,000 on our waiting list is a cheap shot at scaring ST holders to renew, poor, if i hadn’t already renewed I’d be giving serious thought to not renew, * HATE BEING THREATENED BY ANYONE

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think you're concluding bad intentions where there aren't necessarily any. It gives people on the waiting list an idea of how likely they are to get an offer, not everyone is going to get one.

If you would seriously not renew your book because we publish information that people ask the SLO all the time, then I don't really know what to say in response.

There's no "scaring" going on here, they've tried to be as flexible as possible for current ST holders by pushing the deadline back 3 times. If you've still not decided or aren't in a position to commit by next Tuesday then unfortunately the club needs to look at filling those seats from the 17,000 that want a book.

Bayern Bru and Garrymac1888 like this.
  7. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you don’t think they published the size of the waiting list for any reason other than let people on the list prepare, HERE I’VE SOME MAGIC BEANS FOR SALE ...

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Much? lol

Celtic forums and twitter have been awash with people being told * advice that if they don't renew then the club will have to come back and alter the package on offer - there's no guarantee that will be the case.

I know double figures of people on the waiting list who will bite your hand off for a seat if offered. 2 of them missed out last year as the response time to take up an offer is so short that a guy received an offer in writing while he was on a week's holiday and by the time he came back they had missed the deadline - phoned up and there was nothing they could do, the seat had already been offered to someone else and they had taken it.

The chances are that we will sell all 53,000 books again this season - if people aren't able to commit in the current circumstances then I do feel sorry for them but surely they know that the club cannot keep their seat available for them indefinitely? They've extended the deadline 3 times already and we're less than a month away from the start of next season and people want new signings in, those signings need to be funded by books.

9. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    saw an interesting article on sentinelcelts suggesting that people who lose there STs this season due to the pandemic go to the top of the waiting list for next season, that seems fair ( no Sean I renewed both my sons & mine)

10. Joebhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Malley
    For anyone who has got a ticket off the waiting list in recent times,how long after the renewal deadline do the club start sending out emails?Do they just give you a seat or can you pick from areas left?

Cheers

11. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    I understand why some people may not be able to renew for financial reasons. But, if you can afford it, why would you not do so? Especially this season of all!

If there's a cats chance of me, and my son getting to see us do the 10 then its money well spent.

Don't kid yourself, about 11, 12, etc. Although they would be great 10 is the holy grail, the one that will be remembered, the one that will send them over the edge and immortalise certain individuals in our team. For most of our fans, this will be the one they talk about in years to come.

If I was on that waiting list I would be praying for people not to renew.....

gerard1888 and Seán Mac D like this.
  12. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song

100%

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They normally do seat relocation requests first but I'm sure someone said on this thread that they weren't doing them this season (possibly due to time restraints?) so I would imagine it would be within a few days of the renewal deadline closing on the 7th July.

You don't get to pick, you will be offered a seat, best advice to you is take what you're offered and if it's not the best then put in a relocation request next season after you've renewed.

2 of my pals were offered restricted view seats (I think it was North Stand upper near one of the pillars) and they rejected in the hope they'd get a better seat, turns out that put them to the bottom of the waiting list. So they waited another 2 years before their next offer.

14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I was on it 3/4 seasons ago, they emailed me and I got to pick from seats available, I was lucky to get 2 together in 408 but many available were single seats, hope this helps and you get your spot in Paradise

15. Joebhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Hartley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Malley
    Cheers lads it will just be me myself anyway so single seats are good,used to sit in 412 so knew all about the poles blocking the goals dont fancy that again lol

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Boruc and Zaluska?

17. Buster

Is it a tenner each to get on the waiting list?

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

£10 deposit aye, it's refunded when you are offered and buy the book.

Buster likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd like to think they could do something for supporters that have been loyal for years but haven't been able to renew for something completely out their control.

What that thing is, I don't know.

Maybe first refusal on any extra tickets before they go on general sale? Top of the waiting list like you say?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    50k renewals apparently and you’ve got the stubborn * like me that like leaving it until the last day. :84: