1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

Aye, it's understandable. It's difficult to foresee what's going to happen but I reckon a lot of clubs are going to do well to exist in the coming year or so, so I don't expect the board to ever be in danger of paying what they regard as over the odds any times soon.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

What’s he on at the moment? Must be 60k +. Will be his last big contract so you can see why he would want to stay there.

Still holding out hope this can be done...cmon Celtic.

3. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    The thing is its nothing to do with money it's to do with not being a loan move. It was reported that a loan move this season with a permanent deal all agreed along with wages. Then it came out that Foster wants it to be a full time move now. So money isn't the issue it's the actual transfer side. And I can see his point. Say he comes back plays pish there's no way we will sign him especially if 10 didn't happen He will see it as a wasted year on loan and no further forward. I still think it will happen but we may need to sign him permanately now.

Tommy25 and Luis1967 like this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

£92k a week according to a few reports.

5. john2061

If it was any other season I would agree but this is the biggest season in years and 10 in a row at stake.
    Just look at the cup final and foster made the difference and could make the difference winning the league that's why we should pay the money .

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Jings that’s some dough. The post above makes a good point. Since it was a loan with option to buy I wonder if wages were agreed beforehand if we were to make it perm. I wonder what we were offering.

Personally don’t think we should be spending £10m on a GK with no sell on fee, in this current situation anyway. But £5m which has been reported also, if that was true then we should and I’d imagine that we would be all over that. He would pay it back by dragging us through some tricky qualifiers probably.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    10 million may be a lot but that's the difference between a good goalie and a great goalie. Over the years he had some outstanding matches, the League cup final last year up there with the Barca game. He can be the big difference in matches and has been. We need that type of goalie not one's like Zaluska, Mark Brown etc just back ups that may play 2 games all year. Foster still has 4 years maybe at a very high level and imo is worth it for the the points and games he will help to win

Luis1967 likes this.
  8. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

10 million is epl prices not the price for the 3rd choice GK for a team that might get religated each season

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

At 32 I would maybe pay up to 5m but our business model quite rightly look at beyond the 10..

We will sign a GK and I hope its FF but if it doesn't fit our vision then we won't be paying over the odds.

Taz likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Money can’t buy you love big Fraz

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hasenhuttl hinted something might give way later on regarding Forster coming here saying players are wanting to leave on a perm rather than loan this could be our thinking also hence the reason we are linked to marshal not ideal ovb with European qualifiers on horizon .... but it is someone in the sticks for then and if we qualify go back in for Fraser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Another Undertaker style entrance.

13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If Fraser is willing to take a wage cut then I think a permanent deal can be done. I think we may get a deal for around £5M then if we get into CL group stages with Fraser in goal then maybe pay another £2M or £3M . Or a transfer free spread over 3 years. These are the kind of deals that will happen because of the shutdown. Teams will want to off load players to reduce wages but equally teams don't have the money to be paying stupid fees up front. Not dead in the water yet.

14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Hasenhutle said that Southampton hadn’t made a decision yet about keepers, worrying though that Sutton says Lurch would be taking £250,000 wage cut PER MONTH, that’s a big drop and remember he’s no Tim

15. StevieBhoooy!

Is this back on!

Will we see him sat on a stool in the trophy room next to Lenny?

(portrait orientation of course)

16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think the Marshall interest is due to Wigan being in Administration and he'd be more a replacement for Gordon than our first choice.

joemc likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Even if we paid £10 million for Forster he'd be a big reason for ua recouping that fee by qualifying for CL and then being key to some big nights in the group stages.

* any potential sell on fee we could make, he's the type of calibre of player that is worth his weight in gold and can help bring in double, triple, his transfer fee due to his performances in Europe alone.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He's been lined by another championship side according to the record

19. joemc

He will take no wage cut if they want him out , he has 2 years to run
    Yes ,this .

20. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    So what I'm getting from this is that the big man doesn't want a loan but wants a permanent move. And according to the papers Southampton are willing to sell at the right price.