1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanmcg84

It's been extended due to English, Spanish and Italian leagues still being played. It's usually end of August.

Gonna be a difficult 1 this year because in the past, players have waited to see if we are in champions league and board have done like wise in terms of budget. Problem this season is by time window shuts we are 7 or 8 games into our most important league season in 20 years

2. Ryanmcg84

With 1 leg qualifiers this year I don't think going with only Bain is smart. If he was to get injured 10 mins into a game and we then have to turn to a kid and then get knocked out can't imagine many people will say "ah it's OK we were hanging of for Forster".

We need a keeper in before our league season starts. Don't care how good he is, if Forster needs more than 2 weeks to decide if he wants to play for us then we should look elsewhere

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Plenty of time.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

you been in jail?:97:

:biggrin:

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Think he may be getting introduced back into the saints line up. Looks like Angus Gunn is for the Offski.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ah well

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If Southampton want to keep him then time to looks elsewhere, but by * it better not be Joe Hart. :42:

9. StevieBhoooy!

That’s the downsides of taking players on loan...

They do well and it ends up -

increasing their value

Putting them on the radar of other clubs

Rekindling their parent clubs interest in making them match starters (like in this case)

inflates the players ego

pricing themselves out of staying longer

or any combination of the above.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Guarantee he doesn’t play a league game.

That’s nothing about his ability. I just don’t believe that a Premier League team will start him all of a sudden based on his performances up here.

Should they? No brainier. Will they? I’d be surprised since they are so far up their own arses.

Gyp Rosetti and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  11. Cupid Stunt

I'm gutted but I genuinely would have been more gutted had Mo not returned.

Obviously both would be perfect and I still want that to happen, I just think Mo would leave a bigger hole as our left hand side was looking seriously troublesome without him in the squad and I just don't think we'd get anywhere near his level elsewhere.

I know Forster is a world class keeper and it is really disappointing if it's true he is not coming back, as he can be a match winner on the biggest stage, however, if our bread and butter remains our domestic campaign, I think having a creative player like Mo who can break down teams putting everyone behind the ball is the bigger coup.

As Lazio proved, Mo can be the difference in Europe outfield as well and I feel there has to be a decent keeper within our reach elsewhere, more so than any Mo replacement.

This may just be the first stages of grief but.

12. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

If FF wanted to he could tell them to * right off and either force a move or park his * on the bench. I'm sure the Southampton manager wasn't exactly complimentary about him at start of season.

Don't give up hope just yet bhoys and girls :50:

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Come on to *, get Southampton told to do one Fraser you know you miss the hoops more than you'll admit. Only the king of kings has gone into better things since the year 2000 and that was to Barcelona ffs

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be fair VVD done no too bad also...but aye, get yer * back here big yin.

nudge1086 likes this.
  15. stew37

I'm really not sure who we should go for should Forster not return. I can't think of anyone who's affordable and of the quality we need in all honesty. I like Bain but Forster is a different level, and must be replaced by similar or better. I'm pretty happy with the squad aside, maybe one or two more depending on if people like Ajer moves, but this is the most important position to sort for me.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's why its so important to try and get a fee sorted before taking a player on loan. Personal terms, now thats a different story.

17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You hit the nail on the head, my friend. And "different level" will get you a dozen extra points a season and qualification for CL.

stew37 likes this.
  18. celtic warrior

Hart and Marshall are in my view at the level of Gordon. We already know when it comes to wanting serious progress in Europe as well as saving 10+ points a season we need far better than the likes of Gordon's level.

To replace Forster after he left we had to bring in Forster, that is the level at which he has played for us, he's stature in goal is commanding and on multiple occasions on big nights been the highlight of our amazing results. That's the level we need.

Finding that is going to be incredibly hard if Forster is a no go. I'm no scout obviously but I fail to see what goalkeepers are out there that can offer us what Forster has.

Tommy25, stew37 and Dan Breen like this.
  19. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    They bought him from us after playing well up here so that doesn't fit the bill does it. It was the previous manager that bombed him out I'm sure so when the new one arrived already dropped and confidence in tatters. So with the current 2 keepers doing nothing yo convince him then of course before spending millions on another he might give him a shot. I still think this may come off and wouldn't surprise me if he's paraded on the same day the new kit is released.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Bet most people hadn't heard of Artur before he signed and he at first was only a loan as well . There's plenty keepers to be looked us fans know nothing about. That's were our Recruitment Dept come in to things. Most people never knew of the likes of Wanyama, Hooper or as I already said Artur but all were low key signings that done good jobs. Time for the scouts to get looking and hopefully already had plans in place in case FF didn't happen. The only thing I don't want to see is David Marshall back. I don't think he's any better imo than Bain and certainly not to come in as number one.

The_Bhoy and Ewang83 like this.