1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Good point, a few weeks ago they said moi was going back to fight for his place and that deal was dead

Blochairnbhoy and seamus1967 like this.
  2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Mo saying he’s not made up his mind yet, I’ll trust him over the S*n and the other * rags.

There’s still hope!

Tommy25, The_Bhoy, Lilac Wine and 3 others like this.
  3. Smithy

Has there been any official word from Celtic, FF or Southampton regarding this?

I can't see how FF is going to go from No3 to No1 at Southampton after having a loan spell with us, as impressive as it was.

Surely he won't be happy being no2 at Southampton either. He alluded to having some mental health issues whilst he was out of the picture down there. He'll be feeling better about that now after the season he just had with us.

Don't think this is the last we will hear about this deal.

4. StevieBhoooy!

I hope this latest stuff is just the usual media spout...

...but it’s more than a bit fickle if FF tells lenny and the fans he wants to stay .... then a wee chat with Haselhoffnhuttl is enough to sway him. Money was already an obstacle. Telling him “he’s got a chance” is just manipulation.

If he does stay south he could well find himself third choice still and on the bench at best....

If that pans out I wouldn’t want to see any approach from us in January.

We need players who REALLY want to be here next season... not just tell us they do.

5. Tomas

If FF doesn't come back now, there's no chance he's coming in January, we'll have a new keeper by the start of the season.

seanm likes this.
  6. Ryanmcg84

Aye I agree. Watched his interview on BBC the other day and part that stood out was were he said about just wanting a club to believe in him and show some faith in him

I see a lot of similarities to where he is just now and the dip he's had in confidence and form to that of Forster last summer. Could even say similar to Gordon after his injures.

Woodsy has shown he can get keepers back to top form and if Hart's looking for a club to feel appreciated and loved again then there aren't many better

seanm and Cringer67 like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep I'll deffo take that over the media..

Still think we have a chance but we may have to wait a bit..

joemc and CookieMonster like this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    You have to feel someone has tipped off the press though. Maybe so when we sign another keeper it's not a complete shock ?

seanm likes this.
  9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

For those saying Hart would just need a bit of love and faith to get back to his best, could you imagine the state he'd be in if he makes a blunder (which he's a made more than a few of) in a crucial match in qualifiers or against the zombies?

He'd be a nervous wreck for the rest of the season and it could potentially jeopardise our whole campaign. Far too risky for me.

Gyp Rosetti and seanm like this.
  10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Well Marshall is only on 8.5k a week so I think he will be in and we could bring in another on top of that.

seanm likes this.
  11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Or more likely the press speaking out their * once again.

Sean Daleer, Leone Naka Fan and seanm like this.
  12. celtic warrior

Why is woods being heralded as some * of goalkeeping coaching?

The only keeper thay has done consistently well for us over an extended period of time recently is Forster. Gordon certainly was a fantastic snip at first but he fast became a liability, Dorus and Bailey were even worse.

Sure woods can take some credit for Forster but * *, calm down.

Hart ia a * wreck of a keeper who's been overhyped his entire life, he's utter garbage and honestly, if he were here, he'd be no better than Gordon and we already know we need a better first choice than Gordon's level.

seanm likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Cool mate..

seanm likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Possibly its the same source all the media outlets are using anyway for this story

15. Ryanmcg84

Exact same risk with signing anyone. Same risk with bringing Forster back last year.

Cover our arses and sign him and Marshall. Will get both for under £1m

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If we got both I'd be confident I just can't see either of them wanting to come here if they aren't guaranteed to be number 1.

17. Ryanmcg84

Let them fight it out. Having 2 good keepers is better as keeps them on their toes. Having 1 top Keeper and an spfl level one who's never going to displace them can lead to complacency.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    At this rate I’d take the holy goalie back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Very disappointing if true but I won’t hold my breath. As some have already mentioned there didn’t seem to be much positivity about Elyounoussi coming back and he did.

Take away our bias towards Celtic. If you were given the chance of another loan move to a club going for 10 titles in a row where you would be earning the same amount of money because wages would be shared or you had the choice to play for a club in the lower half of the Premier League playing for a manager that demoted you to third choice and playing for the reserves. It’s a no brainer. He can compete all he wants down there but he is guaranteed to be number 1 here. He is adored by the fans here and will get European football.

If he continues to put in the level of performance he has I don’t see why he couldn’t get back in the England squad if he stays here, even despite the negativity towards Scottish football. It’s not as if England are blessed with quality keepers! If I was an international manager I would rather go by performances that a keeper put in against quality European sides like Lazio in pressure situations rather than against your Bournemouth’s and Norwich’s.

Anyway, hopefully it’s a load of bollocks and it’s just Southampton trying to play hardball.

Lilac Wine, Rydo1888* and JML67 like this.
  20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It's going to be a long long season going by the amount of beds being shat already.

Calm down and wait till something is announced by Lenny or Southampton.

If it doesn't work out with Fraser we move on.