1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The way i see it. Both the club & Forster would prefer the loan deal but Southampton want him sold. Celtic are not going to pay 10 million & Forster is not willing to drop his income & would probably be looking for a pay off from Southampton if he was to leave. We can't wait around on Forster in case it back fires & we end up panic buying someone that doesn't have the same quality, like we did with Bain.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Can only see this going one of two ways a) a prem team swoop in and offer him lucrative wages and will pay Southampton 10mill or b) this drags on all summer and eventually we get him in the last hour of the window on loan. If we haven't picked a plan b.. for Southampton the loan was a massive success for them, they put their asset in the shop window, it would make financial sense for them to cash in on that now. Whether he's on a 100 or 70 k a week Southampton aren't paying 90% of that for a laugh. I'd go up to 7 mill, or ntcham and 10 mill. Or ntcham on loan Forster on loan other way and an option to buy ntcham at end of loan for a fair price. That would take the risk out of the purchase of ntcham for Southampton as if it didn't work out they could send him back

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Are hazard or doohan anyway near making an impression in pre season? I think I read/heard Forster was very impressed with one of them something says doohan.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

This is why I hate getting loans in without agreeing a fee before hand. Forster has just had a brilliant season now it looks like Southampton are going to demand a much bigger fee than they would have done before he came here.

celticfan01 and northeast67 like this.
  5. jambo_cfc

Southampton will be playing up to the price tag knowing how much we want/need forster thinking the balls in there court, will probably start qualifiers with bain in goals and when Southampton realise lawwell will not budge on ntcham or forster will do a reduced deal.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's a big risk for sure. Had we got him in earlier last season I think there's every chance we would've qualified for the CL group stages.

Deals like this are never concluded quickly though, it's going to be a war of attrition and a case of who blinks first.

Aye, you're talking £6m+ that you're asking him to just forego - his wife, bank manager and agent will be telling him no * chance

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Just seen one of them fake twitter signings with Forster, got me for a second :56: *.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That * hun * Raman. Lol..

I'm convinced we'll sign him..

No one in England in this climate is paying 10 mill for him at 32. He isn't wanted at Southampton and they need him either off the book's, or some of his wages covered..

We want him and he wants to be here. It may be a case of waiting a couple of week's down the line and Forster forcing their hand..

They only paid us 12 during his peak after Barca and then getting capped by England. There's no way they can try for 10 now. Do we have a sell on also I'm sure I've seen?

See you soon Lurch..

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Raman and Tefal Dome John Mackay, both hun *. :giggle2:

10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Just cant see how Southampton can justify paying 90% of his wages for a 32 year old to run down his contract. They probably won't get a better time to sell him for some sort of fee.

11. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Seen it as well mate :giggle1:

Think it was the first time I didn’t fall for it though :56:

Luis1967 likes this.
  12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly mate everyone seems to be forgetting to mention the sell on fee.

We have to get this done. Very concerned who we go for otherwise. It’s going to cost some amount of money to get someone else at Forster’s level and now isn’t the time to be experimenting with projects, we need a proven keeper.
    Don’t fancy Hart although I think Stevie Woods would improve him but no where near Forster’s level.

Would take Marshall but only if he was going to be fighting for second spot with Bain.

stew37 likes this.
  13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Sky sports

Artorias likes this.
  14. Foley1888

If none of the other reported interest materialises then surely something can be sorted out that can be agreed, whether we pay a loan fee and have an obligation to buy next year when he only has a year left on his wages so would be more inclined to fall into our wage structure.

Alternatively surely Southampton and Forster could come to an arrangement about the lost wages, say we pay him £35k a year so he would be about £3.6m short of what his £70k a week deal is worth over the next two years. We pay a fee around £4m for him that gives them the money to settle the difference or there about with FF and he gets to come to us as first choice on a 3 year deal with an option of another year which gives him more longevity in his career than staying third choice at Southampton.

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The reports online saying he's available for £5 million will be guff. There is a chance we'd prefer a loan deal over a permanent at this stage but if we couldn't get the loan deal over the line we wouldn't just walk away over £5 million, it's much more likely Southampton are looking for £10 million, which is most likely why we're stalling with the deal, giving the fact he's their third choice, 32 and only has 2 years left on his contract, not to mention post covid prices will be lower.

I think both teams will eventually come to a compromise, perhaps something like a loan to buy for 5 million next year? Wages will be an issue but unless he stays at Southampton he won't be getting near his current wages anywhere else either.

16. stew37

It's the most important piece of business we need to take care of, I feel so much more confident with Fraser in goals. The thought of Joe Hart is worrying. Reading his stats earlier I just hope someone else completes a deal for him asap.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm not sure we can wait. If Southampton accept a transfer fee/swap deal I just have the funny feeling that the big man won't be too hard to deal with in regards to wages.

We might be mind you because it would probably have to be 30k a week.

Just a thought mate, maybe with a sprinkling of hope :giggle1:

18. Tomas

Don't you just love all the experts on here, with their back of an envelope deal structures. The reality is, we have no idea what either club are prepared to do, and talk about FF just giving up millions of pounds in future earnings is ludicrous. I'd like to see him back, but if it happens, none of us will know the details.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You do know the function of a messageboard right? Nobody is claiming to be an expert, just offering opinions on what they think might happen.

"If it happens, none of us will know the details"

Insightful, did you come up with that all by yourself?

20. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    So everyone should just shut up and not speak about anything unless they know all the details?

Would be extremely quiet if that was the case, no?

Fwiw I reckon we will get him. Even paying £5 million to Southampton and giving him a big lump sum to compensate a drop in wages.

HoopyT and Sean Daleer like this.