1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanmcg84

In that he's not as good as McGregor but he's better than the rest

2. Ryanmcg84

Ur the type of fan I was referring to earlier that doesn't appreciate the quality of a player like Ntcham. Seems to be a fair few in our support. I seriously don't get it

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe at his very best as he has it all but he's inconsistent. The fact he isn't a 1st pick for a 5 man midfield shows that he is not irreplaceable. McGregor and Christie would be far bigger losses to the team.

Forster & Mo on 12 month loans + £10m for Oli would be about right for me.

4. Ryanmcg84

Again as iv said if shouldn't be an either or we are wanting a player who is never gonna play for Southampton again. We need to be smart about it and get the best deal for ourselves not what's best for Southampton.

All about opinions mate and I'd agree Forster is better than Hart but not by nearly as much as some are making out. You don't achieve what he has in his career by being an awful keeper.

It's ironic though a lot of the comments regarding Hart are almost identical to the same complaints about signing forster last year. That didn't work out too badly

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Eh, think if you look at the very last post from mine it is indeed said 'here' , lol. Why would I even mention it, lol :/

6. Jeremie Frimpong

I am the type of supporter who appreciates players who contribute consistently to the club's success, rather than producing a moment of quality once in a blue moon when they can be bothered to turn up.

7. Ryanmcg84

If he had the consistency of McGregor he'd be every bit as good. He was a 1st pick from December till March. The only game he didn't start we got beat by the huns.

8. Ryanmcg84

Did you not watch much of last sesson then no? I bet you were in the group of supporters who wanted Griffiths playing ahead of Dembele a few years back as well

9. Jeremie Frimpong

I did, and you have lost that bet.

10. Jeremie Frimpong

Christie: 94 appearances; 32 goals; 26 assists
    Ntcham: 123 appearances; 23 goals; 11 assists

"I bet you're the type of supporter who likes players who score and create goals." *rolls eyes*

11. Ryanmcg84

Good at least you can spot the odd good player then.
    Think the whole turns up when he feels like it argument is a bit redundant after last season

12. Ryanmcg84

Aye and kris boyd scored more goals than henrik larsson didn't mean the fat * was a better player tho did it??

13. Jeremie Frimpong

You are a moron.

14. Ryanmcg84

And your a * idiot

15. Jeremie Frimpong

My a * idiot?

Edit: That one might go over your head.

16. Ryanmcg84

Oh look its the * grammer police. Its an online football forum not a * English dissertation ya * helmet

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He played while Christie was out with injury and suspended for twanging Morelos but didn't feature at all in our last 3 games before the season ended. He's a squad player for us.

Arguing that if he was as consistent as McGregor he'd be as good is pointless, he isn't.

He's a fantastic player on his day but out of our sellable assets (those that we could get 8 figures for) he'd be the one that we would be arguably the least impacted by selling, by virtue of him not being an automatic first pick. The others being Edouard, Christie, McGregor and Ajer.

With the strain that the pandemic puts on the club finances we may have to sell to fund incomings and that's going to mean making difficult decisions.

If we can get £30m+ for Oli & Ajer and that allows us to resign Forster & Elyounoussi and to give some money for a LCB then I think we could be stronger overall. Bearing in mind that we still have Soro to come into the team as well.

JML67 likes this.
  18. Jeremie Frimpong

Larsson, like Christie in the example above, had a far higher ratio of goals and assists to games than Boyd; that is why your analogy is ridiculous.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  19. Jeremie Frimpong

I was just highlighting the irony of your calling someone an idiot. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

20. Ryanmcg84

It's a different situation if Ntcham says he wants to go but at the moment I don't think we should be considering forcing him out the door just to * appease Southampton when at the end of the day we will get Forster anyway.

We would be a far stronger team with both Forster and Ntcham. That's the point.
    And to be fair this whole debate has came from some stupid fan site rumour on twitter. I really don't think it's an option that Lennon would consider and despite the amount of time iv spent arguing about its probably not something that is gonna need to be discussed.