1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

9 In a Row. 6 most important people.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by packybhoy, Jun 22, 2020.

Discuss 9 In a Row. 6 most important people. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lustig - 160 apps
    Commons -147 apps
    Tierney - 102 apps

48 appearances between Tierney and lustig. Not exactly a chasm now is it!? And the difference in that 48 appearances is £25M! Am in no way downplaying the contributions from commons or stig, because they did indeed play big roles. As I say again though, Tierney symbolises what our 9 a row is about. The sheets energy, passion and drive from the bhoy certainly put abig contribution into our 9 in a row. Then we pocketed £25M at the end of it. You do have a great shout with Izzy I'll give you that.

Why are you talking about mcburnie!? He is not relevant in the slightest! We are talking about those that have contributed to our 9 in a row. Not as if we gained from mcburnies fee? Without the sale of Tierney we wouldnt have afforded Julien. Which is also the impact of Tierney playing for us and leaving us.

But to say that I am wrong and you are right just because you say so is quite comical of you. Dont be ignorant. Someone asked for opinions. I gave mine and it's different from yours. Get over it. Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide who is right and wrong lol.

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Didn’t realise Lustig had only had that amount of apps in 8 years. Forgot we had Matthews for a while didn’t we tho I guess and mika had a fair few injuries. Those first few years of the 9 there’s a lot of players who are forgotten in favour of lesser players now, just because of recency bias

3. Icicle

1. Peter Lawwell
    2.Scott Brown
    3. Neil Lennon
    4.Brendan Rodgers
    5.Ronny Deila - brought guys like McGregor and Tierney into the team and developed Rogic
    6. Leigh Griffiths - His goals really saved us in Ronny's last season

cidermaster and charlietully like this.
  4. Paul McAuley

Brown
    Lenny
    Peter
    Ronny
    Snake
    David Murray

5. kristof

Brown
    Lennon
    Lawwell
    McCann
    Rodgers
    Craig Whyte

6. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Ah you talk about me being condescending etc but call me a tube that's a belter. I'm 54 years old season ticket holder for over 35 years and pride myself in following the club through good and bad times. I also think that I'm fair minded and try to see others opinions. But calling me a tube is exactly the reason I ignore people that can't take debate or any form of criticism

7. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    As per earlier post you start throwing the names due to your inability to either have a debate or have any real thoughts. Ps I actually thought you had a stutter by saying Brown twice.

8. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Where did I say it was wrong?? I said he should be nowhere near any top 5 or 6 if you look at the last 9 years contribution. Defenders are something we have at times struggled to get but putting Tierney in before someone that contributed in 8 champions titles, Lustig, bettered by only Brown and Forrest, both on 99%of peoples list, surely shows that not a lot of real thought has went into it imo. Say as o e poster said Hooper, really, I nearly feel out my bed. Guys like Commons, Samaras, Izzy, Gordon all contributed far more than him yet hardly mentioned. I bet in years to come far more people will remember the likes of Sammy and Izzy long before Hooper, another one that couldn't wait to waste his career down south like Nicholas, Mcavennie did

9. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ps have you ever had a discussion with someone about anything in general, listened to their point then changed your opinion because of it. Well I have and sometimes it's beacuse I've missed something they seen or thought. That's why I put other players names into the post, in case some actually forgot about their commitment to the club. Lustig may not have had the greatest last 18 months but no one could ever question his will to win, commitment and love of the club. Something one of our supposed dyed in the wool player/fan and manager could have taken some guidance from

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm out

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  11. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup, same as. @Marty McFly am out. Going in circles here

Marty McFly likes this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

54 :56::56:

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You dont have a lot of self awareness, do you?

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

1. Scott Smyth
    2. Scott Smyth
    3. Scott Smyth
    4. Scott Smyth
    5. Scott Smyth
    6. Scott Smyth

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He can be the bouncy castle at the fun day celebrating the 10. :84:

16. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Brown
    Lennon
    Lawell
    Rat
    Forrest

I think them 5 stand out -

Others such as mcgregor, lustig and foster all played big roles. With mcgregor being my 6th choice.

And off course mentions to ledley and stokes for critical goals along the journey

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Foley1888

I see most people picking Peter Lawwell as one of there 6 and wonder what people’s thinking is behind this?
    Not saying I disagree just curious what people’s reasons are? Alongside Brown and Lennon he is pretty much an ever present on people’s lists.

18. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Well speaking for myself I picked him solely for the reason he runs the club to a very high standard considering the money we take in from TV compared to other leagues.

Yeah I get * off from time to time because we see champions League money and transfer money coming in and we then go and sign what seems at the time underwhelming players and pistol Pete gets the brunt.

Then I look at sevco and the denial that they are a new team with their shady board and financial dealings and I'm so glad Fergus saved us and we are run in a financially viable way:50:

Bring on the ten in a row party you lurker * :62::party22:

The_Bhoy, Dannybhoy81 and Rydo1888* like this.
  19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not done a serious 6 myself as I think it’s impossible to pick 6 most important people when so many are equal in importance. But a lot of the factors within the success doesn’t happen without Lawell.
    I think that’s the simple answer for you

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Neil Lennon, needs no explanation
    Peter lawwell, again needs no explanation
    Scott brown, leader of men throughout the entire thing.
    Ronny deila, was up against it a little bit in terms of backing and the massive changes he tried to bring, yet still got the job done.
    Rodgers - like deila, he upped the entire setup at the club. Credit where it is due
    6th place is a joint one for the players who have all given so much over the piece. Lustig, McGregor, Forrest, Izzy, all put in years of service and took us over the line a few times.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk