1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just been taking it easy til gyms go back.done plenty of walking though since lockdown.diet no been best although not too bad either.probably lost muscle and added fat but my weights no changed much.will hit gym with avengence as soon as allowed.managed to get off puff n smoking so that's a bonus during the scamdemic.

2. stew37

I've been walking 7-10 Miles a day 4/5 times a week, and usually do dumbell weights 3/4 nights a week, biceps, shoulders, triceps, deadlifts etc, and I've still managed to put on a fair few pounds lol. The swally sat and Sunday, and the subsequent takeaways absolutely * my diet. Really need a weekend aff it... but no this weekend, weather's to be good.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Set myself a target of 100km by next Sunday. Did 16.13km yesterday, then another 12.22km tonight. 28.35km down, 71.65km to go.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Another 12.36km today. Going to need to increase the distance over the next couple of days to hit the target by the end of Sunday.

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Been back in the gym the past couple of days, my shoulder is still * (no pain) just limited range of motion then pain if I do something daft.

But walking around now at the highest bodyfat percentage than I have done in a long time do can't hack it.

Have just been feeling my way see what I can get away with, tried some flat dumbbell bench presses with just a 7kg and nope shoulder was aching and starting to go.

Just been hammering arms and legs and some back.

Going to lose access to the gym in a few days so plan on hammering the cardio soon.

Marty McFly likes this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well that's me done a month of serious tracking of calories and macros. It was much easier than I thought it would be and I'm feeling great.

Screenshot_20200611_093701.jpg

Got a right buzz for it now and can't wait to keep cracking on. Been weight training 3 to 4 x per week and long walks 3 x per week.

What's great too, is that amongst all this I've had Chineses, a chippy, pizza, few beers, and ate chocolate every day too. It really is as simple as being in a calorie deficit to shift the fat, whilst getting plenty protein in every day. Apologies for the self indulgence but firing it in here gives me accountability, and I'm pretty * chuffed.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I completed my 100km from Sunday to Sunday, on Sunday. Feet are recovering now. Back to weights this week.

8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I know quite a few folk run in here, anyone ever managed 5k in 20mins or under?

9. TimFloyd Gold Member

@Deebo

Saul Goodman likes this.
  10. AndyMac7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    You need to do facepulls or resistance band pull-aparts.

Facepulls:

[​IMG]

Resistance band pull aparts:
    [​IMG]

It sounds like a problem with your rotator cuff. Focus on external rotation movements for your shoulder instead of internal. Bench incline might take some pressure off your shoulder, as well as doing floor presses instead of traditional bench. Make sure you're not doing things like chest flies as they put your shoulder in a dodgy position.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Got myself a Weight Bench, 30kg Dumbell set and resistance bands - going to set it up in the garage over the weekend.

If I was planning on doing 3-5km jog and Weights in the same day, which would be better for fat loss: Fasted Jog in the morning, weights in the evening or Fasted weight training, Jog in the evening?

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. AndyMac7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    Fasted jog in the morning, as you're low on carbs and using your fat resources as a energy source. It would also be more effective for your weight training to fuel your workout with carbs.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Definitely don't do fasted weight training. As Andy says you will need energy for that.

The fasted cardio for fat loss for me, is a myth. I've seen competitors swear by it of course. But at the end of the day if you put more calories in your gub throughout the week than you expend you won't lose fat.

A calorie is a calorie any time of the day.

If you are to do LISS run for fat loss the theory is you need to get to about 45 mins at least before your fat stores kick in for energy use. Loads of debates about it, best thing to do is whatever you are comfortable with and can stick to.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's not intentionally fasted, just that I start work at 8 so it would be just as I woke up.

But aye, I've done the gym in the morning before and didn't like it at all when doing weights.

Your app there with the percentages, is that a body fat % scale that connects to your phone?

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No mate, that's my own spreadsheet.

I take an average between two methods of body fat measurement (I don't have calipers or a machine)

1) https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

2)
    I have a spreadsheet to do the calculations for the second method, then I just average the two out :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Day 1 of getting serious (been here before :84:) scrambled eggs for breakfast, chicken and rice for lunch and stew with broccoli for tea.

Set up the bench and done some weights at lunchtime today.

Weighed myself on the smart scale this morning and got the tracker app with body fat %. Just need to stick with it and only eat * as a treat at the weekend.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    6 weeks in now.

12.5 lbs lost
    2.5" off my waist

Feeling a bit catabolic though, and happy with where I'm at so gonna add some calories now :50:

Saul Goodman and Callum McGregor like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Straight to Janetta’s!

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56: great shout mate

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Lockdown has truly been a game of two halves!
    Month one after home deliveries from the butchers, Christie's the bakers and eating for fun I had put a 10lb on.

Right on the healthy diet, the 10lb has gone and another 20lb on top of that!

Three Jean sizes in one lockdown :56: