1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Along with those round the world in 80 hour trips.
    Said before, now that he is full fit, should be seeing more game time, certain games would suit him.

2. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    If he could stay fit he could be one of our best players, reminds me of Zidane at times when he's in full flow. Australia national team can * off!! They always send him back injured, and they don't pay his wages!!

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I can see him getting the start on Saturday. He had a good cameo off the bench on Wednesday night so hopefully he can build on that against St Mirren.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So was Morelos. :84:

Captain Brown likes this.
  5. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    With Tam's Mrs? :84:

6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Get him fit and on form he is the best player we have for that role and one of our best players generally.
    People forget how good he is .

JML67, Gyp Rosetti, dbhoy72 and 3 others like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Story Of' is a web series dedicated to small but special tales from Celtic’s illustrious history. Here, we look at Tom Rogic's thunder-provoking cup final winner of the 2016/17 season.

TOM Rogic has a penchant for scoring world-class goals, but few have been as important as his last-gasp Scottish Cup final matchwinner in 2017.

Into the second minute of second half injury-time, and Celtic found themselves tied 1-1 with Aberdeen, hurtling towards extra-time and the looming possibility of penalty kicks. Undefeated domestically for the entirety of the campaign up to that point, a win would see the Paradise side clinch the seemingly impossible Invincibles Treble.

With the rain pummelling down at the National Stadium, it was future Celt Jonny Hayes who’d sought to spoil the party after just nine minutes when his fine left-foot volley put the Dons in front. Two minutes later, though, Stuart Armstrong brought his side level with an equally impressive 20-yarder that nestled into the far-right corner of the net.

From there, it wasn’t always the prettiest of games. Both sides played with caution and defended well, with Joe Lewis and Craig Gordon making a series of fine saves in their respective goals. Patrick Roberts hit the post in the final stretch of the game, and Scott Sinclair was unlucky not to make more of an in-swinging Leigh Griffiths cross in front of goal.

And then with 92 minutes on the clock, Tom Rogic – on as a first-half substitute for the injured Kieran Tierney – changed the course of history.

The Wizard of Aus collected the ball in the middle third, bound towards the Aberdeen goal, strolled past two opposition players and tucked the ball beyond Lewis at his near post. A flash of lightning and boom of thunder was drowned out by the ecstatic green and white end of Hampden, and this Hoops team had written themselves into Celtic folklore.

“It all happened so quickly and it’s just an amazing feeling,” Rogic told the Celtic View after the game. “It’s so hard to put into words. It hasn’t even sunk in yet. To go undefeated all season and win the treble is remarkable. It’s an amazing and proud moment for me. I didn’t realise how long we had left when I hit the ball, I just can’t describe it.

“That’s the best feeling I have ever had in football, without a doubt. It was something special. It’s the stuff you dream of, scoring in the last minute of the game to seal the treble and to do it with such a great bunch of lads.

"The first half, we maybe didn’t play as well as we could have, but in the second half we had chance after chance and showed our quality.

“The fans know what it means more than anyone. We have worked hard all season and to do the domestic treble and go unbeaten all season is something special. It’s hard to describe.

“To keep up that consistency for the whole season just shows what an amazing achievement it is. We have been working hard from the very first day of pre-season through to today. It’s nothing less than we deserved, and the manager, the backroom staff and everyone in the squad deserves credit as they have all played a part in it.”

bkk bhoy, HoopyT, eire4 and 1 other person like this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    A truly truly magical day.

9. ladbroke8

Feels like he's had some serious time away from being that mainstay he was a few years back. Hope he's got it in him to have another top season where he's essential in the big games

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Enjoyed that.

12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tam and Jamesy - the unsung bromance :49:

Boruc17 likes this.
  13. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Remember the days all the players had a song... why has this legend not got a song?

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wonder if this break could be the making of him hitting top form and being vital for the 10..

He's needed this kinda break and could be the man to really spark us well on our way..

Would be magic if he showed up this season for a good run of it in good condition, as when he's on it, he destroys domestic football..

16. CountyDownFaithful

Was just looking at pictures the club uploaded on social media of the players back training and had the exact same thoughts when I seen Tom Rogic.

He's almost been forgotten to an extent. What a player on his day, if we could get him playing like that consistently next season then it'll be huge in helping us secure the 10.

Tommy25 and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. Foley1888

My dad was watching the DVDs from the 17/18 (Treble no.2) season back and said it really reminded him of how good a player Tom was for us and the big goals he scored in that year, I am sure he scored in every game against them. His fitness has always been a challenge but when he is at it he is unplayable domestically and can create and score goals that a lot of others simply can't.

Also as mentioned him and Forrest seem to have an excellent understanding. Christie is cracking player as well, despite scoring and assisting so regularly last season I still think he also makes a cracking box to box midfielder as he showed the season before against Leipzig and Salzburg in the Europa.

I could see us occasionally use a 4-4-2 diamond formation at home in the league particularly against teams that camp in at Celtic Park. This would mean we would have only two CB's rather than three and Brown all doing similar jobs to recycle the ball and mark a loan striker. You could then have Frimpong/Elhamed and Taylor/new LB provide width and have a midfield with Rogic, Christie, McGregor (either box to box or deep playmaker) and one other, (Ntcham if McGregor is deep) perhaps even Forrest in 10, whilst still having two strikers.

If something like that clicked you could see a team be in for a hammering.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye mate especially he and McGregor and Forrest must have really benefited from the break.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Tomas

The most gifted player in the league, let's hope he stays fit and plays every week.

20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Our best player along with Eddy for me when he's fighting fit, absolutely no one like him if he had an engine he'd of been playing top 6/8 in Prem easily.