1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Not sure about the barnet

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Lego hair

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

* off it looks great.

:56:

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think without doubt he's been the main driving force behind this run of 9iar. For me he's our most important play by far.

Was just looking at an old NTV from 2012. SPL Matchday 1, Saturday August 4th.

Celtic 1
    Aberdeen 0

I think any team who had a player with such passion and fire as Broony couldn't help but be reliant on him, it's very rare a player is so gifted.

NTV weren't so worried about the season 4 days later though and made this portentous remark after we beat Helsinki 2 0 away from home.

Barca should probably have had a subscription.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

One of my favourite Broony goals...won us the game too.

7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's amazing. Displays everything that makes him so special.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Every clubs fans wishes they had a Scott Brown.

Lilac Wine and jake10 like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. green-yin

Head will be shaved for training on thursday haha

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hop no I like the new look.

13. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Has too much time on his hands!!

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Last time he had it was Ronnie's second season. So hopefully he shaves it off

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers has revealed he ignored advice to dump Scott Brown from his squad when he took over the helm at Celtic Park.

But the former Hoops boss also told how he laid down the law to Brown to clean up his act and warned him he had to hit boozy nights out on the head if he expected to be have the honour of skippering Celtic.

Rodgers said: “He was an incredible captain for me. But funny enough, before I joined, someone rang me and was telling me about the job and one of the first things they said was, ‘If you’re going to play how you want to play there Brendan, you’re probably going to have to move on Scott’.”

Rodgers took over at Parkhead in 2016 just after Celtic lost to Rangers in the Scottish Cup semi-final and he was not impressed by how they played, fearing their rivals were on the up.

He said: “When I knew I was taking the job, I invited him down to my house in London and we had a chat, had a really good chat

“I explained the ideas but I also was telling him about behaviour, because before I went in Celtic had lost in the Cup semi-final and they were well beat.

They lost on penalties but they got dominated in the game by Rangers. So there was a real fear and a sense that Rangers had got back up to the top level, they’ve beaten Celtic in the cup.”

But he said it was the shocking snaps of Brown wasted and lying on an Edinburgh pavement after going on the lash days before the 2015 League Cup final that worried him more.

He said: “Obviously leading into that game Scott was sat on the street having had a night out.

“And the point I was making to him straight away was, “You can’t do that – if you want to be the best player you possibly can be and you want to lead a club of Celtic’s status, an institution, then you’re one of the pillars of this club.’

“And from that meeting on he was incredible for me.”

Brown was just about to turn 31 when Rodgers joined Celtic in May 2016 but the Northern Irishman believes he made him a better player by changing his game and helping him prolong his Hoops career, having been at the club since signing from Hibs in 2007.

He said: “This is a guy who... I wanted to help him tactically, because I seen him as a young player, he used to run all over the place.

But what I was trying to get him to do was to think and run and not just to run. And from that it was going to be a tactical shift in how he would play but always knowing he had the personality and he also wanted to be better and improve.

“And I’ve got to say, he was absolutely magnificent for me. I couldn’t speak highly enough of him as a guy. He played the game like he was trying to show people this is the first time that you’re seeing me play, every single game.

“It wouldn’t matter if that was Rangers in a semi-final or final or up at Aberdeen or away at Inverness or away in Barcelona, home to Man City.

“It didn’t matter, he was playing like the people watching were watching him for the first time.”

Rodgers also reckons Brown could have played for one of the top clubs in England when he was in his pomp had he wanted to leave Glasgow.

He said: “He’s a much better player than people give him credit for.

“There’s absolutely no doubt, if he wanted to he could have played at the top end of the Premier League – one, because of his personality and two, because of his ability.

“I couldn’t speak highly enough of him, what an incredible player he was for me.”

16. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Getting fed up with the Snake every day , taking 100% of the credit for Browns * career , it says Rangers beat us in the Cup Final?????

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Anyone else think it’s likely this season will be his last with us? You can’t really top going out as a 10IAR captain.

If it is, he’s going to be extremely tough to replace.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think beyond next season he'll start to be more involved with the coaching side of things but with Broony you can never rule him out.

19. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I think that was why we brought in Soro would like to see Soro get a run out see what he can do looks like a good player from what we've seen on video etc but can't comment until he plays

20. Cringer67

Would love him to have a coaching role. His influence cannot be understated.